Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The dogs might be interested in Witts now that they'll have a pick outside the top 10.

How about Essendon?

They need a ruck and after missing out on draft picks because of the ASADA sanctions might be willing to part with there first round selection for Witts and Seedsman/Kennedy.

If we want Treloar and still maintain a first round selection to go shopping for another key forward it's hard to see us doing that without trading for another one.

A small possibility could be that we trade away a player/s for further second and third round picks it order to satisfy GWS with the points they want in order to secure there academy players.

In this scenario we may or may not have to part with our 2016 first round selection.

Personally either landing Treloar and Weideman (or equivalent) or Treloar and Motlop is the ideal outcome this trade period.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:59 pm

Domesticated_Ape wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Watching the team yesterday, I get the feeling that, aside from a genuine burst of speed and a few targets to kick to, there isn't really much improvement needed in the mid-field (158 disposals from our first 6 mid-fielders yesterday) and that it will be easy enough to fill that role. Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Swan, Adams, Crisp, Greenwood and Varcoe is a solid bunch, with De Goey, Broomhead and possibly Freeman and Kennedy capable of rounding that out to a high quality 8. Of course, a couple will retire over the next couple of years but the world is full of mids and they are not too difficult to replace (as evidenced by the fact that we already have picked up Adams, Crisp, Greenwood, Varcoe, De Goey, Broomhead, Freeman and Kennedy since 2012).

What we need is one additional KPF for each end of the ground for the long-term. Moore could be one of two up forward and Cloke, in the short-term could be the other. At the other end of the ground, Brown is a lock and Frost is doing well at the moment - and, in any event, it isn't that hard to draft key defenders (provided you actually look). The question, really, is how do we prepare for life without Cloke, who has - of course - been a colossus for Collingwood almost week in, week out for a decade.

Not for the first time this season (the games against Hawthorn and Port Adelaide were even more pertinent examples), Collingwood lost because it's forward line lacks class. 58 inside 50s for 7 goals is, quite frankly, not an acceptable return and, once again, we were presented with a team experiencing long periods of dominance (especially in the third quarter) that could barely trouble the scorers.

I don't think the focus on Treloar is apt, in those circumstances and I hope the Club does this deal only because it is a comfortable one and not at the expense of giving up difficult-to-replace players, like ruckmen and KPFs.

I agree we need a young key forward, but we have to be realistic about who's actually gettable. There aren't many quality key forwards in the AFL, let alone guys who are going to change clubs this season.

Looking over the entire competition, here are the key forwards who are worth talking about -

Adelaide - Tex Walker - Captain, wont leave.
Josh Jenkins - Left Essendon to go back home to SA.
Tom Lynch - Meh

Brisbane - Nothing

Carlton - Nothing

Essendon - Joe Daniher - Father/son, wont leave.
Jack Carlise - Is a defender, not a forward.

Fremantle - Pavlich - Captain and too old for our needs.

Geelong - Hawkins - Father/son, signed new contract.
Mitch Clark - Depression and chose not to come to us last year.

Gold Coast - Charlie Dixon - See above
Tom Lynch - Great young player, but seems very happy up north.
Peter Wright - First year player who we could have drafted instead of De Gooey. Wont leave this year.

GWS - Jeremy Cameron - Signed a new deal, seems happy in orange.
Cam McCarthy - Could have him instead of Freeman. Seems happy in orange and is a WA boy.
Jon Patton - Knee recos make him too risky.

Hawthorn - Jarryd Roughead - Will never leave.
Jack Gunstun - Will never leave.
Tim O'Brien - Could have him instead of Kennedy/Broomhead. Unlikely to leave.

Melbourne - Jesse Hogan - Unlikely to leave. WA boy anyway.

North Melbourne - Nothing

Port Adelaide - Jay Shulz - Wont leave, probably too old.
John Butcher - Can't kick, not fit enough, not really worth talking about.

Richmond - Jack Riewoldt - Just signed a new deal, tiger for life.
Tyrone Vickery - Injury and suspension prone. Asking price in a trade would be high.
Ben Griffiths - Unlikely to leave, but worth keeping an eye on if Tyrone stays.

St.Kilda - Nick Riewoldt - Captain, too old.
Paddy McCartin - Number 1 pick, unlikely to leave.

Sydney - Buddy -lol
Kurt Tippett - Would probably be gettable, but at a really high price.
Sam Reid - Injury prone and kicking is as bad as Cloke's.

West Coast - Josh Kennedy - Not going anywhere.
Jack Darling - Not going anywhere.
Jeremy McGovern - Played CHB this season, but thinks of himself as a forward. Ripping mark, not sure about his set shot kicking. Probably wouldn't leave.

Bulldogs - Jake Stringer - Not going anywhere anytime soon.
Tom Boyd - lol.

Guys in bold could be possibilities to leave their clubs in 2015, but none would be cheap and none stand out as players who would absolutely make us better as they all have questions marks over them.
I much prefer the idea of keeping our first round pick and trying to grab a young key forward like Weideman in the draft. And if we can bring Treloar in to complete our midfield, then all the better.

Fair summary and I don't disagree with your thoughts on a KPF at all but the more I watch Frost, the more I think he is not the player to be holding down our CHB position against good opposition in Sept.
Given that Reid is still a big question mark, I think we need another KPD nearly as much as KPF to challenge the big boys. It might be that that if we cant fill that void in 2016 with a ready made KPF, then maybe we spend our energy on bringing in a ready made KPD for 2016 instead. A fit Reid could then play forward when he is finally available.
Lots of tall defenders at both GCS and Port and its clubs like those where you might find a diamond in the rough as a KPD. Hombsh and Bruce have been very solid pick ups and didn't cost their new clubs much to trade in. Guys like Clurey and Jonas at Port are examples of players who have shown a bit but cant get regular games in the seniors at Port ( remember Carlile is currently injured )
Smarter people than me will make those decisions but I certainly wouldn't be against bringing in another ready made KPD onto our list if we could do a deal that doesn't cost us the farm.
Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:02 pm

swoop42 wrote:
The dogs might be interested in Witts now that they'll have a pick outside the top 10.

How about Essendon?

They need a ruck and after missing out on draft picks because of the ASADA sanctions might be willing to part with there first round selection for Witts and Seedsman/Kennedy.

If we want Treloar and still maintain a first round selection to go shopping for another key forward it's hard to see us doing that without trading for another one.

A small possibility could be that we trade away a player/s for further second and third round picks it order to satisfy GWS with the points they want in order to secure there academy players.

In this scenario we may or may not have to part with our 2016 first round selection.

Personally either landing Treloar and Weideman (or equivalent) or Treloar and Motlop is the ideal outcome this trade period.

Well you know what I think on trading Witts, but anyway, can't see us getting a first round pick for him this season. If we insist on trading him, then probably the best deal we get is a straight swap for Sam Reid. Sydney really need a ruckman and Witts wouldn't need more than 350K next year, so he'd be available to them. As I said though, hope he stays.

Why don't you rate the possibility of trading draft pick/points for Treloar? I reckon it's the logical solution and what GWS are actually hoping for. If they had money to bring in players they'd just keep Treloar.

Also massive pass on Motlop from me. I just don't think he takes it seriously enough and Geelong will want too much for him.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:02 pm

How good is the Weideman kid?
Can DTM answer that or anybody who has some knowledge.
Because I know nothing about him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:06 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Fair summary and I don't disagree with your thoughts on a KPF at all but the more I watch Frost, the more I think he is not the player to be holding down our CHB position against good opposition in Sept.
Given that Reid is still a big question mark, I think we need another KPD nearly as much as KPF to challenge the big boys. It might be that that if we cant fill that void in 2016 with a ready made KPF, then maybe we spend our energy on bringing in a ready made KPD for 2016 instead. A fit Reid could then play forward when he is finally available.
Lots of tall defenders at both GCS and Port and its clubs like those where you might find a diamond in the rough as a KPD. Hombsh and Bruce have been very solid pick ups and didn't cost their new clubs much to trade in. Guys like Clurey and Jonas at Port are examples of players who have shown a bit but cant get regular games in the seniors at Port ( remember Carlile is currently injured )
Smarter people than me will make those decisions but I certainly wouldn't be against bringing in another ready made KPD onto our list if we could do a deal that doesn't cost us the farm.

Well Frosty has only played 40 or so games, so I still think he's the one, but if not him, then Marsh, or we go to the draft in the future. There's always key defenders available around the second half of the first round, it's where all the best seem to come from. Key forwards are the ones who are hard to get, so I say cover that base first.
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:12 pm

thompsoc wrote:

Best mark in the TAC, but can't kick, probably will go to the Pies on that.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:19 pm

Domesticated_Ape wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

How about Essendon?

Well you know what I think on trading Witts, but anyway, can't see us getting a first round pick for him this season. If we insist on trading him, then probably the best deal we get is a straight swap for Sam Reid. Sydney really need a ruckman and Witts wouldn't need more than 350K next year, so he'd be available to them. As I said though, hope he stays.

Why don't you rate the possibility of trading draft pick/points for Treloar? I reckon it's the logical solution and what GWS are actually hoping for. If they had money to bring in players they'd just keep Treloar.

Also massive pass on Motlop from me. I just don't think he takes it seriously enough and Geelong will want too much for him.

I try to find the positives in most players but other than his height, I struggle to find a positive in Sam Reid. Im tipping that the Swans wish they had their time again and didn't sign him to a very lucrative five year deal.

I think the reality in all this is, if we do get Treloar, we just aren't going to have much more to offer for any additional QUALITY trades, let alone the likelihood of keeping our first round pick ( unless we manage to trade our 2016 first round )

Witts and Sharenberg ( assumption here is that he doesn't re sign ) are easily our most valuable tradable players and I don't want either to leave unless we appear to be clear cut winners in any deal done.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:26 pm

I don't rate Sam Reid as highly as his brother, but he's a handy player and we wouldn't be paying him as much as Sydney did last time. I'd still prefer to keep Witts, but who knows, he might ask for a trade after hearing how many Pies fans don't rate him. Laughing

Shaz could hurt us I reckon. Really hoping we hear some talk of contract extension in the next 2 weeks or so.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:32 pm

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

Best mark in the TAC, but can't kick, probably will go to the Pies on that.

Yep, very strong mark and hard at it. I think he is around 196 / 197cm. Expected to go somewhere between around pick 7 and 12 odd. Not considered in the best group of talls ( first 3 or 4 ) but probably the best of the next rung down. There will also be two ( ? ) academy players to go before him too. The talls in this draft are ok and there are more than usual but they still aren't considered to be the quality of McCartin, Moore etc from last year.

That's only theory, who knows.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:30 pm

Domesticated_Ape wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

How about Essendon?

Why don't you rate the possibility of trading draft pick/points for Treloar?
I reckon it's the logical solution and what GWS are actually hoping for. If they had money to bring in players they'd just keep Treloar.

I do but was looking at it from the perspective of being able to supply enough points without this years first round selection having to be used in the Treloar deal.

If you don't want Witts traded then at a minimum we'd need to trade others to get further 2nd and 3rd round selections to add to ours.

We need to make a minimum 3 list changes.

Treloar will be one hopefully and personally I'd prefer to retain a top 10 selection in the draft this year, upgrade Frost and get out of it if that's what it takes to secure Treloar and a top end talent via the draft.

Not fussed with giving up 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks this year given the amount of youth already on our list and a supposed shallow draft.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:22 pm

I reckon it'll be easy enough to find another second or early third round pick to cover the points. We've got a few players who could be shopped around and if worse comes to worse, then I can't see Adelaide passing on Ben Kennedy for their second pick. We don't know what Shaz will do either.

Is it 3 list changes or 3 national draft picks including rookie upgrades? I know you have to delist at least 3, but not sure if trades count towards the 3 you have to bring onto the senior list.

Abbott might be upgradable anyway or Hine could keep a pick up his sleeve to see if someone slips through. There's also delisted free agents and that Hampton kid from GWS we've been linked too. Lots of options.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:34 pm

Just out of left field and its NOT something I am advocating but it would be interesting to see the currency that Freeman attracts if he was floated as a possible trade.
He hasn't re signed and breaking into the team only becomes more difficult if Treloar makes his way to the Pies.

F W I W, The kid only lives a few doors away, I certainly don't want him going anywhere.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:34 pm

Just out of left field and its NOT something I am advocating but it would be interesting to see the currency that Freeman attracts if he was floated as a possible trade.
He hasn't re signed and breaking into the team only becomes more difficult if Treloar makes his way to the Pies.

F W I W, The kid only lives a few doors away, I certainly don't want him going anywhere.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:43 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

Doubt he'd carry much trade weight, given his horrific history of injuries.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:45 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

Doubt he'd carry much trade weight, given his horrific history of injuries.

I'm still open to trading Scharenberg. He's certainly composed on the field, but is rather slow and I've never seen him hurt the opposition much in all the VFL games he's played. I actually prefer Oxley.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 17 of 199   

Jump to: