Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

MM wants us to rock the G,off the AFL site.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie24 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 11:47 am
Post subject: MM wants us to rock the G,off the AFL site.Reply with quote

Malthouse calls for hot welcome
By Robert Grant

Tuesday, July 10, 2001

Collingwood coach Mick Malthouse has urged Magpie supporters to voice their anger at AFL handouts to interstate clubs this weekend.

He wants the black and white army to make the MCG as 'hostile' and 'uncomfortable' as possible for Brisbane on Sunday.

Malthouse said several Melbourne clubs had a legitimate reason to show their resentment at the cash given to prop up interstate teams when they were struggling.

'It would be fair to say that Collingwood people would see both Sydney and Brisbane getting some handouts from the league which Collingwood, in the darkest hours, didn't get,' Malthouse said.

'They think of that as a good reason to be pretty hostile on the weekend.'

And he wants to capitalise on the Lions' atrocious record at the MCG.

Brisbane has won only five of its 40 matches there since entering the league in 1987 and has also lost all three of its games in Victoria this year.

'What we want this week is to make the MCG as uncomfortable as we possibly can for any side, particularly a visiting side from interstate,' Malthouse said.

'And if they've got a record like they have, then I'm appealing for the Collingwood supporters to get there en masse with the colours and show the army's on the march.'

The former West Coast coach said visiting teams often ran into a cauldron which simply proved too intimidating.

'I've seen this over a period of 12 years, having spent 10 years in the west where the national competition has grown from a suburban 50-50 crowd (support) to predominantly one side versus nothing on the other,' he said.

'When you travel and you come over here you've got maybe 1,000 people compared to say 40,000.

'There is a distinct difference in the sound and it's something the national competition has done for the parochialism of cities.'

Malthouse admitted he drew inspiration from the famous Kevin Sheedy jacket waving incident after the Bombers beat West Coast by two points in their 1993 Round 16 clash.

He said he was amazed that eight years later, back in Perth, people still took their jackets and waved them around their heads.

'It made something for football. I don't think there was anything personal in it, it was just fantastic really, as far as I was concerned, for football,' Malthouse said.

'Without asking for scarves to be waved I would think there could be some sort of demonstration from the Collingwood supporters.'

GOOOOOOOO PIIIEEESSSSSSSS

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR WAY*****
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 2:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha!

Just wait for the gold wigs, gold hats, gold crowns etc. to come out. Those cane toads will find out what playing against Collingwood is all about.

And I'm sure Joffa will make any Brisbane player who wanders up to the Punt Road End very, very uncomfortable indeed. Now that Malthouse has thrown out the challenge there'll be no stopping the Wigged One.

**floreat pica**

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 4:43 am

Don't forget gold teacosies

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 7:30 am

What are ya talkin about Alf??

im at the 'G' now mate...

HEY OPEN THE BLOODY GATES!!!!

WE MARCH WITH PRIDE,WE MARCH WITH LOVE,WHEN IT COMES TO OUR COLLINGWOOD WE FOREVER MARCH ! we will never forget our great number #42...GO YOU BLOODY PIES yeaaah LETS KICK ASS.lets kill the bloody bastards !!
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 4:01 pm

Hey, I'm back!! (After a bloody long trip home from Sydney today). Maybe this is a good ploy, we must run all over the top of Brisbane after last week's loss to Geelong and the crowd being loud could only be good. I was at the SCG watching Carlton and Sydney, and got the scores off the scoreboard because it wasn't on tv or on the radio, so I haven't seen how good or badly we played. Anyway, sorry if I'm not making any sense... I'm out of practice, I haven't done this for a few weeks.

JDF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: