Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Malthouse sacked!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

makri wrote:
should have been sacked n '03 after that GF debacle. Still convinced he had very little to do with the make up of the side after 05/06. Going from a team that had recycled West Cost (mates??) hacks like Andrew Williams and the Chads to actually building a team around the gun recruits we picked up like Pendles and Thomas.

As player he will be remembered as a thug. As coach he had very little success at Footscray. At WCE the innuendo surrounding that team's fitness regime will never go away. At Collingwood he ended up being moved along as surplus to requirement. And at Carlton the wheels well and truly fell off. Yet this bloke has taken Jock's record. Good riddance.

Fantastic Post Very Happy

thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:22 pm

David wrote:
Sad way for the competition's longest-serving coach to leave the game. But 95% of coaches get sacked at some point or other.

As for the gloaters, I hope you'll offer a little more respect to a club legend once the dust has settled. He was a great Collingwood coach, and I'll always have a soft spot for him. Failing at Carlton only endeared him to me more. Twisted Evil

Agree totally. In my lifetime, he and Matthews are the only Collingwood premiership coaches. To them I will always be indebted as to all the Collingwood premiership players. Matthews beating us in 2 grand finals does not diminish what he achieved in 1990 and likewise Malthouses disastrous years at Carlton does not diminish his premiership or near premierships during his reign.

I am sure he will bob up in the media and will offer great insight.

As for Carlton supporters, how sweet it is😄
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:24 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
Wow, Malty was on a $10M contract?! No wonder he didn't want to quit...

LOL at Carlton being able to afford to pay anyone that much.

Currently the Carlton F.C cafeteria is under armed guard to prevent MM supplementing his severance package with a raid on the clubs teabag and sugar sachet supplies as is the old codgers wont.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:25 pm

Just don't get this love for Mick Malthouse amongst our supporters. It wasn't till Eddie propped him up with a vastly improved football department in 2005 and removed his influence on recruitment, that he broke through with the premiership in 2010. Even then he was out coached by Ross Lyon in GF1 with a side that was at least 6 goals better than St.Kilda.
Why no love for Lee Matthews. He broke a 30 year drought with next to no back up and he didn't try to assassinate his successor and president on the way out. He has one more premiership as a coach having coached about 300 fewer games.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:27 pm

A lot of people say that about him.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:37 pm

35forever wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Museman wrote:
hehehehe Laughing

Said before they appointed him he would fook em........

Pity it couldn't go on forever..... Twisted Evil

WHERE are the MM supporters who gave us such a bloody hard time at the time of the transition when some of us (like me) fully agreed with what Eddie was doing? Surely they have some balls to admit they were wrong in giving us a hard time???? Nothing wrong with having a different opinion I must stress but geez, they gave it to us with both barrels firing!!

Nice to be right with a view for once!!!

We're right here mate! And like most sensible watchers of the game I will go to my grave knowing that the "succession" was the dumbest move ever made by the club I love. Malthouse left to his job would have won the 2011 & 2012 flags at least, and we'd be out in front where we belong.
Your assertion that you are 'right' or have been vindicated rests on utterly false logic. The fact that MM couldn’t do anything with Carlton has no bearing at all on what would have happened had he stayed at Collingwood, the two things are entirely unrelated. If he had taken them to the GF last year would you be claiming that you were completely wrong? The fact is that a side that was top 4 for 5 years running suddenly dropped out of the finals altogether. and is in a worse position than last year so far. How are you "right"? You'd be "Right" if Collingwood had continued to be the best side in the comp and had won flags, otherwise you are WRONG.

So wrong on so many counts, but i hightlight, the old bastard cost us the 2011 GF by his petulance and ego, and by playing unfit players in the GF like ben reid, and refusing to take him off a then spud in Hawkins, MM helped turn hawkins into a GF star. He went on the footy show that year, and sulked and whinged, as Caro says, he went on a scorched earth policy with us, he derailed our season by his carping and whingeing. HE cost us a flag, then he spat the dummy, pulled out of a very generous deal with us as DOC, broke his contract and pissed off to the scum, out of pure revenge on eddie and our board. Eddie knew he was finished as a coach early on, hence the succession plan,which the old fart embraced, he signed the contract. Damn straight we have been proved right, MM was well past his use by date,but the scum fell for the it, thought he could get them an instant flag. We have been proved right and im bloody rapt we have been, Bucks is rebuilding our side with the best batch of young, and exciting kids ive seen at the Pies in years and years, for long term success. MM showed what he can really do at the scum, he has almost single handlely made them a basket case, and he would have done the same with us, by hanging onto jolly, didak, shaw, krak, etc, and not rebuild, he even said a few weeks ago, he is not rebuilding at the scum, we would be a team full of ageing hacks had he stayed, fact. Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

This mornings radio interview did as intended.

I commented a month or so ago how Mick had suddenly gone from being cocksure about being the right man for the job and wanting to be re-signed to looking and sounding like a defeated man who would be relieved if the club made a call and terminated his contract.

He got his wish.

SteveH67 

Carlton can continue to struggle down the bottom of the ladder for eternity.

No sympathy from me, whatsoever.

They better not raid the Giants list, or any other club either.

Last edited by SteveH67 on Tue May 26, 2015 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:43 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
makri wrote:
should have been sacked n '03 after that GF debacle. Still convinced he had very little to do with the make up of the side after 05/06. Going from a team that had recycled West Cost (mates??) hacks like Andrew Williams and the Chads to actually building a team around the gun recruits we picked up like Pendles and Thomas.

As player he will be remembered as a thug. As coach he had very little success at Footscray. At WCE the innuendo surrounding that team's fitness regime will never go away. At Collingwood he ended up being moved along as surplus to requirement. And at Carlton the wheels well and truly fell off. Yet this bloke has taken Jock's record. Good riddance.

AND i recall after we lost the 03 GF badly, he insulted a very young jason cloke badly, said a very nasty thing about him, being better the year before when cloke was suspended. A nasty, bellligerent, sulky, sullen old sod, whom we are well rid of, best thing hes done lately is screwing the Bloooz for the next five years at least, and leaving them a broke basketcase rabble. Razz

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:44 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
Carlton can continue to struggle down the bottom of the ladder for eternity.

No sympathy from me, whatsoever.

They better not raid the Giants list, or anything or club either.

how can they, they are broke and skint, daisy sucks up most of their cap too. Razz

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:50 pm

Very Happy

CF6YHQ7VEAAfogr.jpg

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:04 pm

Culprit wrote:
Very Happy

Eddie -" Hey mick now get yer arse over to the piss and pooh hawks, we need you to screw them now too ol buddy "" Laughing

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:14 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
35forever wrote:
Yep, so glad we get to play them again, coz they're totally f****d now! As if a new coach will get that bag of dregs - most of whom wouldn't get a game with the Frankston U12's - suddenly playing like an AFL side. Jock himself couldn’t do that! The likelihood is that he'll go to another club as an assistant, or just retire and do media. Unfortunately there are too many angry morons around for him to return to Lexus, and what remains of 'his boys'. It's hard to imagine Dale Thomas staying there very long without him, he's devastated at this decision, esp. with injuries having prevented him from getting close to his best. I still have no doubt at all that his best is still ahead, but it's very hard to get full pre-seasons in with injuries cruelling whole seasons. Which is why we won't get much out of Greenwood and Shazza in 2015.

I don't know whether Mick still has a great coach in him, the events of 2010-2012 seem to have changed him as a person and as a coach. He seems a lot more angry these days. Unfortunately you need players to win games, and the problems Carlton have were instigated by decisions made long before Mick came along. They have a couple of very good players, and a couple of very good youngsters, but not enough of either and nothing between. Frankly I don't think they’ve fully recovered from the great salary cap debacle which cost them a few years of being competitive. Not that I think they didn’t deserve it, they're a bit too fond of cheating at Carlton, nearly as much as Geelong! Then they wasted far too much time and energy on "The Kreuzer Cup" which cost them a lot and got them a very ineffective ruckman who has done pretty much nothing, much of it due to injuries.

The idea that sacking a coach this early in the season will change things is frankly ridiculous. They might win this week, as is usually the case after a coach spill, but they are facing Sydney so it would take a mighty effort. Especially as Mick's replacement will be John Barker, Mick's assistant. If I was a Blues fan (which fortunately will NEVER happen) I would be pissed off at this decision, the problem was never the coach. Their problems are higher up the chain, and these are very very hard problems to fix as not many boards sack the board!
Good luck Carlton, I hope your current form continues for many seasons to come!

wow - so many errors not sure where to start…

I will say blind Freddy can tell you Daisy's best is behind him… he is 28 this year - another injury ravaged year and you think his best is yet to come! Have you seen him play lately?

It was also very clear the players had no heart - yes they are crap with a pathetic MM game plan but their tackle counts and endeavour is the reason sometimes you need to get a coach in there who fires up the players or at the very least scares them into playing as hard as they can.

The real focus should be on the players not the coach - bring in a caretaker - if he is a spud- big deal - the scrutiny falls onto the players who want to be there and build something worthwhile. AT least lay some tackles each week and flood the back line or run the ball like crazy for the first qtr then retreat something - anything.

And finally… no… they will not win this week or the week after - Carlton = Wooden Spooners! Smile

Oh lord! So many mistakes you don't know where to start eh? You disagree with me about Daisy, you're entitled to, but then you agree with the rest of my post!!! I SAID the players were mostly duds, how are they suddenly going to put in a huge tackling effort when they're duds??? The funny thing is that I've been watching their games the last few weeks, and they haven't been all that bad, or at least not as bad as scores suggest. They were a dead-set joke against us, but they stayed with Geelong for three quarters and if not for Fatty McBigarse and some bizarrely bad bounces would've been a lot closer. As it turned out a couple of unlucky goals gave Geelong (who I'm afraid I hate WAY worse than Carlton) a big enough lead to tear away in the last. They have absolutely nothing up forward which makes kicking a good score very hard, and the loss of Garlett and Betts didn't help. And it's good to see 'Beaks' member Cam Wood doing a damn good job for a guy who looked finished after sitting out last year, regularly getting mentioned in dispatches.

Carlton have been doing the big clean-out you suggest for years, it's gotten them nowhere. They keep getting great draft picks and wasting them because the club is in turmoil. As much as the bitter ferals want to blame Mick, he failed for the same reason Ratten did. It wasn't stupid of them to get MM, it was stupid of them to dump Ratten. The board and management were the problem then, and they're the problem now. But lets hope they don't ever wake up to that, I like Carlton stuck firmly in the Southern end of the ladder, hopefully they'll stay there until we pick up two more flags and regain our rightful position. Around 2020 will do.

"And finally... no...they will not win this week..." That's pretty much what I said! No way they'll knock Sydney over! I said they might - coz that’s what clubs tend to do after dumping a coach, but that's asking too much. having said that, $12.00 is an awfully good price for a two horse race! Might be worth a fiver?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:21 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
makri wrote:

AND i recall after we lost the 03 GF badly, he insulted a very young jason cloke badly, said a very nasty thing about him, being better the year before when cloke was suspended. A nasty, bellligerent, sulky, sullen old sod, whom we are well rid of, best thing hes done lately is screwing the Bloooz for the next five years at least, and leaving them a broke basketcase rabble. Razz

But you gladly accepted the 2010 premiership. I suspect there's some historical revisionism going on here.

BTW Jason Cloke was about as effective as Marty Clarke as a footballer.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:07 pm

35forever wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Does anyone agree with me that MM's main point in all this crap with the scum initially was to somehow "get back" at Collingwood for some perceived bad treatment after HE had walked away from a transition deal HE had earlier fully agreed to? VERY hard to feel sad for a bloke who purposely put himself in a position where he was on a hiding to nothing. He has to take full responsibility for his own actions and the resultant fall from grace just to get his own back at Collingwood. Bloody fool MM, that’s what you are.

Damn right there Lazza, absolutely, he went there to screw us over, to win a flag with our most hated rivals, to get revenge on eddie and the board, and the club, his motive was pure revenge, sour old bugger. Well now, what goes around,c omes around, both for him and that vile organisation of liars, cheats, crims and shisters. The karma bus got the old bloke good n proper, thought he walked into a premiership team, he turned them into a basket case, good n proper, got rid of betts, waite and garlett. Laughing No fool like an old fool, and the great news is the scum will be down and out for many years, with their utter shit list and peahearst like murphy and gibbs, and judas judd is nearly cooked too.

Frankly, im surprised someone like frankie hasnt put up there motto "they know what were cooking "on here yet, or those other ludicrous mottos they had over the last few seasons, Laughing Laughing Laughing

I see the spelling and grammar hasn’t improved much! He went there just for revenge, did he? Nothing to do with the fact that only a couple of teams needed a coach and Carlton were the ones who made him an offer? Just revenge and spite? Nothing to do with getting near 200K per week??? Just revenge... OK then.

Unlike you genius i touch type fast, and make a few typos, but you of course never make an error. Of course the sour old bastard went for the cash too, but hey, Port wanted a coach too, yet he went to our arch enemy the scum, out of pure revenge and hate for eddie and our Board. HE broke a contract and walked out on us, seeking revenge, and he has just got shafted by a criminal organisation masquerading as a football club. He got hit by the karma bus good and proper, and yes, im damn rapt as are most Pies fans on here. Exclamation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 7 of 15   

Jump to: