Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injury update

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnno75 wrote:
Kennedy is fine. Marsh has been emergency a few times and I don't think he is far off. The boy is big and can run. I would almost take a punt on him as Toovey's replacement this week.

yes put Marsh in.
I like that idea.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:07 pm
Post subject: Re: Injuries - Down to our last ManReply with quote

Geeze I thought Marsh was developing well but maybe still a few weeks away from a senior game........ then I watched the last quarter of the vfl. Stood tall a number of times.
He could play if needed this week.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:14 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
Maccaffer- knee had a set back and looking at 8 weeks
Sinclair- hammy, back after VFL bye
Greenwood- leg 3 to 4 weeks
Freeman- hammy, start running next week
Moore- hammy, back after VFL bye
Young - hammy, back after VFL bye
Toovey- knee, could be a chance this week
Ramsey - shin test
Reid- Back after VFL bye
Sidebottom- thumb test likely 1 week

Edited based on Balme report this week.

My understanding with Caff is that it isnt the knee but the hammy. Like Freeman had scar tissue is holding him back and may have developed into a cyst. Quick clean up would see him back into the program much sooner.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:17 pm

Things are certainly getting tight but realistically we had Fasolo, Kennedy, Gault, Armstrong, Dwyer at VFL level Sunday who all have senior experience. Ramsay and Sidebottom close to returning.

On top of that Marsh appears close to being ready and would be okay if needed. Not saying he should be promoted this week but you could certainly make a case to do so.

Of the others who played VFL, Maynard appears to be ahead of Goodyear and Manteit and all three appear some ways off senior selection, Cox is a work in progress.

A little left field, but I'd actually be happy to throw Abbott into a green vest or a forward pocket. Kid certainly needs a lot more fitness work before he's actually primed for senior footy but I reckon he could certainly have an impact in a crisis.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Someone on BF reckons the Caff needs to under the knife for a clean up of the knee, adding 4 weeks on to his comeback, this year was probably a write off for him anyway.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:54 pm

jackcass wrote:
Things are certainly getting tight but realistically we had Fasolo, Kennedy, Gault, Armstrong, Dwyer at VFL level Sunday who all have senior experience. Ramsay and Sidebottom close to returning.

On top of that Marsh appears close to being ready and would be okay if needed. Not saying he should be promoted this week but you could certainly make a case to do so.

Of the others who played VFL, Maynard appears to be ahead of Goodyear and Manteit and all three appear some ways off senior selection, Cox is a work in progress.

A little left field, but I'd actually be happy to throw Abbott into a green vest or a forward pocket. Kid certainly needs a lot more fitness work before he's actually primed for senior footy but I reckon he could certainly have an impact in a crisis.

Correct weight. FWIW, I'm beginning to develop a man crush for Abbott. Once his fitness improves, he has all the attributes to be our Stewy Dew. He's built like a brick shithouse and kicks like a mule. Cool
TimetoFly 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:47 pm

Reid ramsey sidebottom young should all be back playing next week

Toovey Moore sinclair are 2 to 3 week away

Maccaffer greenwood freeman are at least 4 weeks away

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:51 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Correct weight. FWIW, I'm beginning to develop a man crush for Abbott. Once his fitness improves, he has all the attributes to be our Stewy Dew. He's built like a brick shithouse and kicks like a mule. Cool

Hope you're not trying to jump the man crush queue!
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:57 pm

Culprit wrote:
You know we are in trouble when people start talking about Armstrong being an inclusion.

The truth.

Isn't it interesting how the injury situation is virtually as bad as it has been since 2011 and yet this year we have all been pretending the problem is solved. If we don't have a complete cleanout of our fitness staff by the end of the season then we really are doing our young players a GREAT disservice.

Four years in a row of injury crises. Surely THAT is some sort of macabre AFL record.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:43 pm

Davoren says hello.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:02 pm

Where's the evidence that our injury situation is any worse than that of most clubs? Maybe it is, but I haven't seen any evidence to that effect.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:29 pm

A couple of mentions re. Pendles in this thread.

What's the latest ?

Was clearly struggling in the last quarter.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:21 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Where's the evidence that our injury situation is any worse than that of most clubs? Maybe it is, but I haven't seen any evidence to that effect.

it's not. i'd say it is about on a par with other clubs if not slightly better.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:30 am

RudeBoy wrote:

Evidence? This is Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board. Darling, we don't do evidence.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:40 am

Donny wrote:
A couple of mentions re. Pendles in this thread.

What's the latest ?

Was clearly struggling in the last quarter.

From what I've gathered Pendles has had a persistent ankle injury since about round 2 hence the reason he struggled on the weekend and frankly I wouldn't be surprised if he missed this week's match but if he plays he reaches the 200 games milestone so that would be a great achievement by the man himself!

In saying that I haven't found any news articles that suggest that Pendles had a persistent ankle problem on the weekend or any injury for that matter but just watching him on the weekend he was really struggling to run out the game in the final quarter and hence it's been suggested by some that he may have aggravated an ankle injury that was already existent due to a slight injury he sustained in that region in round 2 against Adelaide.

Pity that Sidebottom still isn't back from a broken thumb because his absence is really evident now and I can't wait to see Greenwood back playing soon. In regards to Ben Reid, I've almost given up on him so if he ever returns fit and firing that would be a massive bonus for the club.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: