Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

To Reserve or Not to Reserve

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ytry4 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 12:20 pm
Post subject: To Reserve or Not to ReserveReply with quote

Hi guys,

I just want to know how big a crowd is expected for Sunday's game against Geelong? It says on the Official Collingwood site that 18 game season ticket holders HAVE TO buy tickets from Ticketmaster... I am prepared to buy in advance, but I do not want to find out that there are another 10,000 or so seats empty when I enter the stadium. So what do you guys think? Reserve seats or not?

Thanks in advance

'The heart of a club lies not in its location but in each and every one of its fans'
---------------------------------
BLACK & WHITE - For those who bleed Black & White

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 12:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It is hard to tell really...I mean the 2nd level...the medallion club section, won't be full, but those seats are like almost $50 including a reservation and booking fee etc...I'd say you could probably roll up on Sunday and get a seat...If you don't mind watching the game from the back rows of the top level! I booked my seats through ticketmaster on Tuesday morning and got ground seats behind the away goals...I think it's worth it and if you get there and it's not full, then SO BE IT...BUT it's better than turning up and getting turned away!!

GO JIMMY!! GO PIES!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 1:00 pm

WARNING!!!!

WARNING !!!!

If you're going to just turn up on the day, don't leave it until 10 minutes before the match. If you do, don't expect to see any of the first half. I'd say you should turn up no later than an hour before the start. Or you could find yourself on the arse end of very long queue. Colonial is famous for just that scenario.

**floreat pica**

ytry4 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 1:33 pm

How about the fact that Colonial Stadium keeps saying it is a fully ticketed game? Are all/any sections going to be ONLY reserved areas?

'The heart of a club lies not in its location but in each and every one of its fans'

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 3:17 pm

Alf's post just made me twig...at football games here, if there are heaps of fans not inside the ground at kick off, the start is delayed. Wonder why AFL don't do it???

They have even done it for the Monday night premier league game too, so it can't be live TV stopping it (or can it?)

GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 12:02 pm

you have to buy a ticket to get in no choice

ytry4 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 12:53 pm

But I think that Colonial games are all advertised as fully ticketed events, aren't they. its even in their guide to colonial stadium document (or whatever its called) that I downloaded earlier this year. i think they try to con people into pre-purchasing so that it appears as though they're no longer having ticketing problems. and channel 7 does own part of the stadium, and now ticketmaster.. so they will make more dough this way.

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 12:57 pm

The whole lot of them are bloody bastards. Especially the AFL and Ticketmaster.

I use the AFL membership to get in to away games, and the overpriced crap doesn't even get you into half the games. You've gotta book with ticketmaster and pay $5.50 booking fee per ticket. And if I book a bunch of seats, isn't that ONE booking fee??? Nope. It's a bunch of booking fees.

ytry4 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 1:40 pm

I called Colonial Stadium today and asked what the term 'fully ticketed event' means: they said whatever seat you get on your ticket, that is your seat for the night, and that you MUST buy a ticket as an extra even if you have a 18 game season ticket. they said this situation happens for Essendon games because they draw large enough crowds there.

P.S. Dantheman - Actually, you only get charged ONE handling/booking fee no matter how many you buy.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 5:48 pm

For the Magpie people who can't make it to the ground. Listen to it on the Radio or the Net and log ya self into Nick's Big n' Live Scoreboard Chat. I'm sure you'll have a good time. The more the better. That way we can share the commentary and prevent RSI ...So be there or be square !

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 8:11 am

Ytry4: I was charged $5.50 per ticket.

ytry4 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 2:08 am

I don't know why, but you shoudn't have got charged per ticket if you buy and pay for them together.

ytry4 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 2:08 am

I don't know why, but you shoudn't have got charged per ticket if you buy and pay for them together.

*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 4:43 am

OK, well yesterday I was a little confused as to how the tickets were working, as i hadn't been on the net to check, been a little too busy. So I had someone ring the reception at Colonial Stadium, who told us that we were guaranteed entry on our memberships.. what a load of crock!! I shoulda' just came on here and read FAB4's summary, as it was 100 percent right. We never got into the ground til half way through the first and I saw half of the match, and the other half of a tall drunks head, the loss just topped it all off!!

GO PIES

_-~`*#24-Tarks & Johno-#26*`~-_
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: