Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Stand by our Pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 12:43 pm
Post subject: Stand by our PiesReply with quote

Ever gone to work and end up having a totally crap day, where nothing goes right and if you are lucky you end up in the bosses office having to explain what-the-f***'s going on?

Bad days happen to us all and yet we all wake up the next morning and get straight back at it.

Our boys had a bad day, yeah I'm bummed about it but I will still go on (and on and on) with my beloved Magpies because the thought of not sticking up for my team upsets me more than what happened today.

Look at our form overall, the Magpies have shown quality teamwork this season what happened today was a glitch, a bad day, a sh*t happens kind of thing (this kind of thing happens to all of us and people in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones!) Our boys will grow stronger from it and we will keep on keeping on. It's important to keep the big picture in focus. After all we are the mighty Magpies.

Forever I will stand behind the Magpies! Collingwood Forever.

Go Pies!

Carol

Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 1:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah fair call..im gonna wait and wee how we go against brisbane next week b4 i make any comments..
tim

we're coming...
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 1:15 pm

PIES 4 LIFE

theres no other team quite like Collingwood...

the great number 17
Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 1:22 pm

Don't give up on the team yet. it's unfortunate that they are putting themselves in the position of losing a top 8 spot, but truly a top 8 finish is more than most of us hoped for at the beginning of the year.
I'm still hopeful that we can be in the finals and I believe that our track record of beating teams above us, whilst losing to those below, will see us play September for the first time in a long time.
One word people........FAITH

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 2:06 pm

A few weeks ago we were 4-4. Some of us looked at the fixtures for the next 7 rounds and decided that if we could win 5 of our next 7 games we'd be doing alright. Well, we've won 4 out of the first 6 of those games ... so IF we win next week we'll have the 5 out of 7 that we were looking for.

I guess it's the fact that the 2 games we lost were against 10th rate opposition ... Sydney and Geelong ... two of those games you would have "pecilled in", as they say.

By losing today we have put the pressure right back on ourselves. But a win next week will have us right on target for a finals spot.

The annoying thing is that we could have been in the top 4 if we'd won today. Instead, we're struggling to hold our place in the 8.

Who knows how we'll go? It's such a fine line. Oh, for the days when you knew every week that there were two chances in three that you would win. Will those days ever return?

**floreat pica**

jamjar 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 2:33 pm

It was just one of those days, I hate Colonial stadium, we had to sit next to the Geelong Cheer Squad - what a bunch of inbreeds! Makes me appreciate our cheersquad even more. They were not heard from much during the first quarter and half even when they kicked a goal - unlike Collingwood Supporters they only seemed to stand by their team when they are in front!

Jarrod - My football God

ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 3:01 pm

Alf scribed:
quote:
Who knows how we'll go? It's such a fine line. Oh, for the days when you knew every week that there were two chances in three that you would win. Will those days ever return?

Yeah Alf, I believe that those days will return. Have to grow and develop to get there and they will return.

Go Pies!

Carol

MagpieMark 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 3:23 pm

I was very dissappointed too. I was online chatting when the game was on and couldn't beleive what was going on. But I will always have faith and look forward to beating the bears.
BTW, will we start favourite in that game ? and when was the last time we actually beat them ?

I live in Brisbane but despise this team who hardly seem to play "away" games anymore

Go you Maggies!

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 4:40 pm

im still behind the magpies..its testament to how far we have come this year when we are all hurting so much to lose to that pussy mob...in the lkast couple of years, we woulda been happy to just be competitive!

bring on brisbane.

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 4:43 pm

im standing by em

*clings to Bucks' leg*

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 4:47 pm

Oh Dear!~ The last time we beat the Lions...I can't recall...I remember a game we won up there by 7 goals...ummm..but that's when Alan Richardson was playing, and they were probably still the Bears too! LOL! I have no idea....but we certainly owe them....I for one, have not forgotten the scores from our last game ever at Vic Park! Beating them will be tough as they are flying at the moment..but thankfully it's not at the Gabba! But we will not display a repeat football performance of today next week...I have faith in that...geez today was almost as bad as our performance against the tigers!!

GO PIES!!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 6:44 pm

Last win against Brisbane would have probably been round 22 1996 at Victoria Park ... a big finish to a shit season. We had beaten the Cows at Cow Park the week before. Buckley got reported and rubbed out for a week. And then we beat the Bears without Buckley. We then went on to win 6 of our first 8 in 1997. So, what a purple patch that was ... 8 wins in 10 matches ... slap bang in the middle of a horror stretch.

Ah, the Shaw years !!!

Those days are GONE. They will not return ... At least not in the forseeable future. Today's loss really hurt because it was unexpected. Even I tipped us. In the present context it was an unacceptable performance. Last year ... and the several years before that ... it would have been a typical performance. Competitive but ineffective.

Hang on to your hats, folks. Roller coaster rides can be a bit scary.

**floreat pica**

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 4:27 am

I am as disappointed as anyone at the result on sunday. and what is the deal with the security and police presence around the cheer squad? I didn't go anywhere near there for fear for some form of retribution! (I've had bad experiences with security before).

as for the match, I too ponder about why c'wood play well against the top sides, then flounder with the mediocre, middle of the table sides. but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. I mean, if c'wood were to make the eight, they would most likely play the top teams, rather than the likes of geemong, who will probably miss out on the finals. with the exception of bitchmond and sydney, the pies have played well against the rest in the top 8, and that's all that matters, as those are the teams they will face off against. BUT, we have to get there first.

of course I will stick with them, there's no question of fealty here!! I sat near the player's race, but I didn't applaud them as they went into the change rooms. I think they know that they performed poorly and, as supporters, you feel for them. however, to smash the losing mentality of late, you don’t heap praise on mediocrity. besides I’m sure that mick would have got stuck into them.

BUT, I was just thinking in my mind as the players filed past me, "let's fire up for brisbane". let's exact some revenge on what they did to us at vic park for the last game there. let's give it to moneybags mal. let molly and OB wan have the last laugh. forget about MCG hoodoos, the lions WILL be expected to comfortably defeat the pies, with one of, if not THE, premier midfields in the comp. they will be raging favourites (that's the mindset which I'm going with), but then that's the way we like it...

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: