Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Bombers - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Be even better to see our premier defender on the park, with Moore tearing it up at CHF.

Yeah I don't get the negativity around Brown, he's still the best key position defender we have. He showed that against the Saints by keeping Bruce to just 2 kicks (all be it 2 goals).

Without Keeffe as backup and the inability to rely on Reid being fit ever, Brown is as important to us as ever at the moment.

Frost is still learning the caper too, he has bad moments, and Moore is just a kid, even if he is the most impressive kid in a damn long time.

I'll back Nathan Brown in for a few years yet.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:36 am

swoop42 wrote:
If Moore were to come in at the expense of Gault then he should play forward.

Gault can play through the ruck which is a plus but Moore is the better junior talent obviously given his draft standing.

Moore is the type of young player you would be comfortable giving games to at this early stage of his career because he has a great attitude, gives second and third efforts and isn't a one trick pony.

Loving the Blair watch project, Swoop!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:31 pm

The only certain change will be Adams coming back in, probably for an unlucky Karnezis. As well, I'd love to see Witts back in at the expence of Gault. The sub spot can go to Goldsack, who is very close to being dropped imo.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:42 pm

I'd like them to bring Adams back through the seconds. If he keeps butchering the ball and coughing up 3 to 5 goals per game on turnovers, there shouldn't be a long-term place for him. Have a look how good the team was with Crisp playing in Adams' role. There's no point being a competent extractor if you're just going to give it to the opposition over and over.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:52 pm

It's funny how we all see the game differently p4s. Being the courageous ball magnet that he is, Adams would be one of my first picked every week.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:17 pm

His career average is three clangers a game (95 in 31 outings with GWS and 42 in 14 outings with the 'Pies). He's played 45 AFL games and he still gives up a clanger about every third kick, on average. Against the Bears (where he was generally good), he gave 6 and against the Crows (where, with many others, he was fairly poor) 7. One might say that he would have been better against the 'Aints - but he was atrocious in the corresponding game last year (7 kicks, 18 disposals, 6 clangers), so it doesn't seem to be about the quality of the opposition. Frankly, what worries me about his clangers is that they generally come when he's done the hard work. A clanger under pressure is always disappointing but a clanger when you have the opposition on toast is the stuff that made Fitzroy such a formidable force.

He could still be a good player but he must sort that out. To that end, I'd like to see him using the ball properly in the seconds (there have been plenty of facepalm moments from him there, too, so I don't think it's just about adjusting to the pace of senior footy), rather than rushing him back. The midfield wasn't the problem against St Kilda and I wouldn't want them rushing to mess with it, unless it were in order to include an out and out star of the competition (like Sidebottom). I accept, of course, that the coaching staff seem to like Adams and will probably rush him back. That doesn't mean I have to embrace it.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:24 pm

I hope the Bummers persist in playing ol man Fletcher, on pure nostalgia and sentiment, to get him over the line games break record. Their back six are not that flash at all, and Fletcher is well past it, put some young fast kid on him, and run him outa gas, by halftime.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
roar 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:42 pm

Reckon they would think Fletcher would be a good match for Gault. Reckon they'd be right, too.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:34 pm

I don't think he'd be a certainty to get picked. Gault that is.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:09 pm

@gilbertgardiner: Ouch! Reid crunched in marking contest - hit ground hard. Straight off, spoke Dr briefly before walking into the rooms. Close to best on.

Sam Gastin didn't respond when I asked about this on the online chat.

Gaston said Reid finished the game in a tracksuit.

Hopefully it is nothing serious.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:12 pm

Witts and Adams in for Gault and Karnezis, with Fasolo, Freeman and De Goey as emergencies. Emergency may come in for White/Witts if really wet weather.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:21 pm

Early reports suggest Witts might be ready after his VFL game today. Fasolo apparently also put his hand up. Freeman again solid. Adams should also be close. That said, NO CHANGE still a possibility.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:47 pm

De Goey, Witts and Moore were listed as our best in the VFL game today.

I'm really hoping we bring in Witts as his partnership with Grundy could take our side to another level of performance, and last another 10 years. This would mean Gault or White would miss. Adams should replace Karnezis, leaving only an outside chance that Goldsack would make way for De Goey or Moore.

Already, with Ramsay, Oxley, Broomhead, Langdon, Frost, Gault, Karnezis, Adams and Grundy, we are rapidly overhauling our list, setting us up for a period of sustained success ahead.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:09 pm

Others will disagree but I think it would be a mistake to just sit back and be comfortable with going with the same 22 on the back of defeating last years wooden spooner by 12 goals.

It was an encouraging performance from a young side with an undermanned midfield but Essendon are a step up in class and we should keep looking to fine tune the balance of our side and improve the talent level.

Players like Williams and Seedsman were ordinary in the first quarter during the only time the saints gave a yelp. They improved as the game went on.

Goldsack was pretty average I thought for most of the night and didn't really gather quality possessions with his 11. His long kick outs were probably his best moments.

Toovey did a hell of a lot right but his kicking is a real concern against sides that will punish you for it.

If you look at the side I still feel we probably could do away with at least one of these half back flanker/utility types in preference for another midfield/forward option like Karnezis or another pure midfielder if we wished to.

Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:11 pm

Current forecast for Melbourne on Saturday is rain and max of 14!

Adams and Freeman or DeGoey given the conditions to replace Gault and Karnezis.

Goldsack hasn't been great but the conditions should suit him.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14   

Jump to: