Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

THE AFL DOESNT GIVE A STUFF ABOUT US

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 2:12 pm
Post subject: THE AFL DOESNT GIVE A STUFF ABOUT USReply with quote

I posted this toopic on Big footy and it caused quite a stir so i thought my fellow magpie brothers and sisters deserved a look. So here it is :IT HAS BECOME OBVIOUS THAT THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE IS NOT BEING LISTENED TO BY THE AFL. THE COLLINGWOOD V KANGAROOS ROUND 22 MATCH SHOULD BE PLAYED AT THE MCG.

THE AFL AND THE KANGAROOS ARE TURNING THEIR BACKS ON ANOTHER 55,000 PEOPLE BY HOLDING THE GAME AT MANAKUA OVAL. ITS BECOME OBVIOUS THAT THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE COMMON BLOKE OFF THE STREET.

THE WEEK BEFORE THE FINALS COLLINGWOOD WILL BE FORCED TO TRAVEL TO CANBERRA ON A SUNDAY TO PLAY AT A SECOND RATE STADIUM IN FRONT OF THIRD RATE CITIZENS. THE GROUND IS A JOKE AND REMINDS ME OF CARRARRA IN THE BAD OLD DAYS. MY WORST FEAR WOULD BE A PLAYER GETTING INJURED DUE TO THE POOR SURFACE.

WAYNE JACKSON GET OFF YOUR TRACTOR AND GET BACK TO THE GRASS ROOTS OF FOOTBALL AND START LOOKING AFTER US. AS FOR THE KANGAROOS I WOULDNT WANT TO ISOLATE YOUR MELBOURNE BASED SUPPORTERS AS THESE SUPPORTERS ARE THE GRASS ROOTS OF THE CLUB.

ITS AN OUTRAGE AND A DISGRACE, WE ARE IN THE 21ST CENTURY YET PLAYING MANAKUA IS TAKING A STEP BACKWARDS. ALL I KNOW IS THAT THE KANGAROOS ARE DESPERATE FOR MONEY AND ARE NO BETTER THAN A CHEAP PROSTITUTE AS THEY SELL THEMSELVES TO ANYONE.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 2:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JLC, I'm one of the third rate citizens of Canberra who will be going to Manuka (note the spelling). The game was never going to be in Melbourne, it should have been I know. Get over it, book a ticket and come to Canberra. I'm a Collingwood social club member and proud to be a Magpie all my life, through thick and thin.

Perhaps you can tell me why I'm third rate, because I choose to live here, or maybe its because I'm a white middle aged male, maybe is due to being a single parent. Enlighten me.

timagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 3:16 pm

Hey GeorgeQ if you live in canberra why have you opted to take out the COLLINGWOOD socail clubs package shouldn't have you joined up as a country member.
Also why do you have something against the game being transfered to Melbourne its not like it is Collingwood home game anyway its those shit Kangapoos home game and they are just prosituting themselves to play in canberra because they are homeless and are in poverty.
Surely you can't drag COLLINGWOOD to this level and that is all you are doing.

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD UNITED FOREVER AND EVER AMEN GOD BLESS THEM ALL

afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 3:24 pm

Hey dont give George a hard time hes just one of us , that unfortunately cant go every week. He should be congratulated for supporting with his wallet. And good luck to him if stupidity on behalf of an endangered species, lets him see one live.
Im not keen on Canberra either, but we should stick the boots into the Roos and the AFL, and given that it wont be changed, accept it go up there and make the roos home game seem like a Collingwood fanatics reunion
Ill see you guys on the Hume on the Friday night

[This message has been edited by afisher (edited 05 July 2001).]
GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 3:44 pm

Tim, I'm a social club member in order to support the club, there is little value in what I pay but it's not about value, it's about being a paid up card carrying member of the greatest footy club in the world. I'm not dragging anyone anywhere, the game was scheduled for Sydney and was moved here. In two posts about this game I have stated that it should not be played away from Melbourne.

Afisher has hit the nail on the head, the ground will have more Collingwood people than roos. Lets show Canberra and North what support, passion, and commitment to a club it really all about.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 3:46 pm

Actually i have purchased a ticket for Canberra. However i still maintain that this game is a joke. The week before the finals we are playing interstate on a sunday in a stadium which holds 15,000. When was the last time Collingwood played in front of 15,000 people ??

Seriously its farcicle that Collingwood will be playing at this stadium in a proper AFL match for four Premiership points the week before the finals.

I would hate to think what would happen if Bucks goes down injured at that ground ?? That is my worst nightmare.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 4:26 pm

I am as disappointed as anyone by the switch, having been screwed of $135 with unrefundable tickets to sydney. But I think it's a bit harsh to refer to people living in canberra as third-rate. I personally know and also work with people who are from canberra that are far from third-rate, and would certainly take offence at being referred as such. Also, don't forget that the captain of the magpies and bombers, messrs buckley and hird, used to play together for canberra club, ainslie, albeit under 13s.

nevertheless, I am going to wear my loss with the airline tickets and come up to canberra anyway. But I admire anyone who would spend $275 or $355 on a social club membership when they don't even live in melbourne. let's not crucify canberra people for having ONE c'wood game to see live all year, when we have the luxury in melb to see 18 games.

GeorgeQ, as I mentioned in another post, my mate and I will most likely be staying at the forrest motor inn motel. I look forward to sharing a few ales with you (and other Canberra magpie fans) should the opportunity arise. LET'S NOT VENT OUR FRUSTRATIONS ON CANBERRA FANS. LET'S VENT THEM ON THE KANGAROOS BY THRASHING THE LIVING BEJESUS OUT OF THEM IN CANBERRA!!! LET SEPTEMBER 2 2001 BE KNOWN IN HISTORY AS THE MANUKAH MASSACRE!!!

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 10:36 am

LOOK GUYS LETS JUST ACCEPT IT
THE GAMES IN CANBERRA AND NOTHINGS GONNA CHANGE
SO LETS ALL GO THERE IN OUR DROVES AND TURN IT INTO A MINI VIC PARK WHERE 99%OF THE SUPPORTERS ARE COLLINGWOOD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: