Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL considers re-selling members' seats

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:01 pm
Post subject: AFL considers re-selling members' seatsReply with quote

The AFL will investigate re-selling empty membership seating to boost attendances at big games. This is good news because clubs were not able to work their way around the multiple ticketing agencies involved.

The down side though is that the scheme will be overseen by Darren Birch, the AFL dud who gave us the Variable Ticketing this year. How did that guy keep his job?

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/afl-ticketing-shake-up-could-see-empty-seats-member-tickets-resold/story-fnii5smr-1227133621000

dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea. If anyone has had any experience with mobs like "Stub-Hub" in the US.

I toyed with working on something like this in Aust but didnt have the $$$ nor the contacts or knowledge to start it

The idea is that you register your tickets for sale at face value with "Stub-Hub" who then advertise the ticket for you.

The purchaser pays a 10% purchase fee to "Stub-Hub" and "Stub-Hub" pays the seller 10% under the advertised price. Therefore they get a piece of the action on both sides for managing the entire transaction.

Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Would give people a chance to recoup some of their membership on the days when they cant go. As its stands I usually miss one or two vic games due to family or home duties and it would be great to have a chance to cash in the unused ticket.

Hope they pull it off.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:27 am

I wrote to the Club a couple of years ago (as I'm sure many others probably have) and they liked the idea, but too many other stake-holders were reluctant.

It would be great to fill up the Supporters End, but there has to be a plan to keep opposition and even neutral supporters out.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:48 am

To be viable they would have to ensure that the vast majority of individuals taking up the seats in the Ponsford and other members seating areas where Pies supporters.

One of the great things about sitting in the Ponny is that you sit near the same people who you get to know and we all go for the Pies. The last thing I want is some pizzed feral who supports an opposition team being obnoxious, offensive and aggressive in my face.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: