Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

hi

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2001 4:40 pm
Post subject: hiReply with quote

(nick/mike, sorry it's the beer talking)

ATTENTION all magpie supporters who, in the past, have bagged tony shaw or peter daicos. I've just come back from the legends club night, where daics mentioned that, whatever persona he portrays on 3AW, he's doing it as a commenter. BUT HE IS BLACK AND WHITE THROUGH AND THROUGH. He said so tonight and I believe him. I even shook his hand (and josh's, and bucks,.....) same goes for shawry for 3AW. ANY of you have ANY BEEF with shawry (or daics) please email me and I will explain why you shouldn't be bagging C'wood's last premiership captain.

joffa, I will be there for the geelong game. mate, you name the place and I will shout you any drink you want, even a Cosmopolitan (if they know how to make one), and any cheer squad member who's there, I will shout you a drink too!!! mags, please bring a crow bar, we will see greg miller that afternoon.

"everyone's a winner hot pies"

[This message has been edited by junkboy75 (edited 03 July 2001).]
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 3:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

strewth! what a night. feeling better this morning, though I'm paying the price for my overindulgence!!

anyway, I would just like to thank Eddie and the Collingwood footy club for putting on such a magnificent event last night. I went to the Palladium not expecting much, but was overwhelmed by all the food, drinks and glitzy surroundings (far too classy for me). great food - point sandwiches, salmon rolls, sushi, beef pastries, mini pies, chicken satay skewers, calamari rings, crumbed fish, even oyster bloody mary shooters (not alcoholic though).

brian taylor actually compered the night, as eddie was still in london, and barge also acted as the auctioneer. the messiah mick malthouse, daics, tazza, burnsey, rupert, roghan, pebbles and bucks all came on for a bit of a yak on stage, resplendant in Versace, then mingled with the crowd afterwards. when daics said that, although he may be a bit harsh and critical about c'wood on radio, he was black and white through and through, it drew thunderous applause. from memory, the most expensive auction item last night was a signed jumper of past c'wood captains, which went for about $5000.

they also played that clip again with "You'll Never Walk Alone". geez, it really sends a shiver down your spine when you hear it played that loud and amongst all the c'wood people. joffa, I was hoping that you would have been there so that we can sing it together! I think some of the cheer squad was there, selling raffle tickets. Again, what a rip roarer of a night!!! as Eddie says, "only the BEST for c'wood".

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: