Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pick 48 as well?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

magpieazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
Ok then no use for it . Question answered, should be able to work it out now anyway. Thankyou.

It's 38-6 through to 40-4 giving a total of 44. Cat B rookies like Cox are in addition and a club can have up to 3 of them.

Beauty thanks for that mate.

Ive just had a quick look...

7 going out... Maxwell, Clarke, H, Ball, Beams, Lynch & Hudson.

7 coming in....Greenwood, Varcoe, Crisp, Moore, pick 5, pick 30, pick 48.

No one left on the rookie list... Martin , Mooney, Yagmoor gone. So looks like we will be big players in the rookie draft.

Still got Gault on the rookie list and technically I think Oxley and Frost are still there unless formally upgaded at the draft. Mooney was a Cat B rookie last year as well I think.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:25 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
Ok yep I understand the list numbers will restrict what picks we need to use. Im not sure on the numbers because I remember something about clubs allowed to have less senior spots but having more rookies on the list.
I think that was due to salary cap payments...

If someone could answer the question of how many we are having on senior list that would be great.

Don't think I've seen Derek Hine make a comment about how many spaces we'll fill this year but last year it was 38. I believe the maximum is still 40. I have been trying to do a little list analysis and have not yet finished but, as things stand, I think we will probably have at least 39 after the draft, unless there are to be further delistings.

Edit: I see that jackcass has confirmed the required senior list number remains between 38 and 40.

Im having a look at our list atm.

Fasolo Dwyer Macaffer Grundy Goldsack Kennedy Pendlebury Blair Adams Young Witts Brown White Elliott Reid Sidebottom Keeffe Thomas Williams Armstrong Sinclair Broomhead Ramsay Cloke Karnezis Toovey Scharenberg Swan Freeman Seedsman Langdon Oxley Gault Frost Marsh

Plus Greenwood Varcoe Crisp Pick 5 Moore Pick 30 pick 48.

That equals 42 on the senior list as it stands now.

Out are Maxwell Lumumba Clarke Ball Beams Lynch Hudson Martin Yagmoor Mooney.

Looks like 2 rookies to come in, plus 2 to come down from the senior list to make it 44 players unless we delist 1 or 2 more.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:29 pm

How many senior listed players are we allowed?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:44 pm

thompsoc wrote:
How many senior listed players are we allowed?

38-40
4everpies 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:47 pm

jackcass wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
Ok then no use for it . Question answered, should be able to work it out now anyway. Thankyou.

It's 38-6 through to 40-4 giving a total of 44. Cat B rookies like Cox are in addition and a club can have up to 3 of them.

No one left on the rookie list... Martin , Mooney, Yagmoor gone. So looks like we will be big players in the rookie draft.

Still got Gault on the rookie list and technically I think Oxley and Frost are still there unless formally upgaded at the draft. Mooney was a Cat B rookie last year as well I think.

Oxley is not a rookie, only Gault is left on the rookie list from 2014.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:28 pm

4everpies wrote:
jackcass wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
magpieazza wrote:

That may well be the case but Hudson and Oxley were elevated rookies at the start of the 2014 season, I'm not too sure that becomes a formal elevation until done via a draft process. Same with Frost who got an injury upgrade (for Scharenberg) and then the mid season upgrade.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:36 pm

Will we necessarily upgrade Frost?

He probably deserves it but he is fourth in line for two spots. Brown and Keeffe probably hold him out of the starting line-up, in which case he may as well be rookie-listed. If we suffer a serious injury he can be upgraded accordingly.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:51 pm

jackcass wrote:
4everpies wrote:
jackcass wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
magpieazza wrote:

That may well be the case but Hudson and Oxley were elevated rookies at the start of the 2014 season, I'm not too sure that becomes a formal elevation until done via a draft process. Same with Frost who got an injury upgrade (for Scharenberg) and then the mid season upgrade.

Frost would need to be formally elevated (using, of course, a late pick, if that's what the Club wants to do). Oxley was elevated to the senior list in last year's draft - Dwyer was elevated with draft pick 87 and Oxley was elevated with draft pick 92. That is, for clarity, we drafted a total of 6 players in the 2013 national draft - Shazza, Freeman, Langdon, Marsh, Dwyer and Oxley.
E 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:58 pm

The irony of this move, of course, is that if pies had of approached Brisbane at the start of the trade period, I'm pretty sure we could have gotten Crisp in a straight trade for Pick 67!!!

Brisbane will be laughing their asses off. end of the day they got us to accept 5 and 25 for beams and 67 for Crisp.

We did this Crisp thing purely as a face saving exercise as we are without choice at this point.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
jackcass wrote:
4everpies wrote:
jackcass wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
magpieazza wrote:

Frost would need to be formally elevated (using, of course, a late pick, if that's what the Club wants to do). Oxley was elevated to the senior list in last year's draft - Dwyer was elevated with draft pick 87 and Oxley was elevated with draft pick 92. That is, for clarity, we drafted a total of 6 players in the 2013 national draft - Shazza, Freeman, Langdon, Marsh, Dwyer and Oxley.

Cheers P4S, saves me getting off my fat Rs and working it out.
Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:13 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:

He probably deserves it but he is fourth in line for two spots. Brown and Keeffe probably hold him out of the starting line-up, in which case he may as well be rookie-listed. If we suffer a serious injury he can be upgraded accordingly.

Frost is first picked tall defender for mine. Browny at CHB if fit and Keefe as the third tall. Frost has already been told he'll be upgraded anyway.

As for Gault and Hudson, both rookies this year. Huddo was promoted prior to round 1, but that spot is not a real senior list spot. You can't use a draft pick to replace that player, gotta be a rookie pick.

Oxley is a fully listed player, promoted last season.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:16 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:

Could technically get an upgrade on the back of Scharenberg's LTI (again!), just depends on the commitment that's been made to him by the club and what he's expecting. See who is available at pick 48 which may also be a factor. My preference would be to reward his 2014 performances with an upgrade rather than risk losing him at the end of 2015 because he's pissed he's still a rookie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: