Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Scotland, Kinnear arrested

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 3:35 am
Post subject: Scotland, Kinnear arrestedReply with quote

it seems that heath scotland and ben kinnear were arrested last night for drunkeness and spent some time in a jail cell. they got into a cab at around 5am last night with their girlfriends and one other friend, but the cab driver called police and drove them to flinders st station where they waited, in the cab mind you, for the police to arrive. I cannot fathom this. if they were really drunk and were abusive and "dangerous" why didn't the cab driver just kick them out? why did the driver allow them to wait in the taxi for the police? why did the police only arrest heath and ben and not their girlfriends and their friend?

while the club is considering challenging the charges, it does bring unwanted publicity to the club in the wake of the carlton incident last weekend and earlier in the year, and Everitt's misdemenour at phillip island. personally, I think these earlier incidents have given a bad rep to footballers whenever they go out drinking, and have promoted a knee jerk reaction from police, hotel/bar owners, and now taxi drivers. I believe it was an obvious overreaction by the driver. however, it does raise the issue of player's behaviour outside of footy. obviously they are allowed to do whatever they want in their free time. then again, this kind of behaviour lacks discipline esp if the club is pushing for a finals position, and the likes of scotland and kinnear are pushing for senior selection.

what do people think?
http://www.afl.com.au/news/story_234761.htm

"everyone's a winner hot pies"
ed healey 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 3:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

being a cab driver hes probably a carlscum fan so it could be a set up.
but MM will be very dark on the 2 lads and i reckon they may well be the trade bait for a draft pick now.

hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 5:33 am

scotto & bolts did nothing wrong from what i read

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 6:38 am

i havent read the article but i was told scotland got put in a cell with some violent person or something, if this is true then thats bullshit what if he had have been attacked or something??

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 6:49 am

you can read the article from the link in my first post. but yeah, scotland was in a cell where another prisoner assaulted a third person, with the third person requiring stitches afterwards. the police say that they treat everyone who have been arrested for public drunkenness equally, but that would have been a bit harsh if they were not drunk. as I've said I think the cabbie overreacted. perhaps they may have mouthed off to him, or said something that he didn't like, and he thought he would pay them back. perhaps he recognised them as footballers. mate, I've been in taxi's where the other occupants have thrown up or used bad language, and still we weren't chucked out of the taxi, let alone have the police called on us.

still, they should not have been out that late, particularly in the middle of a very important season. we've carted off past players for such misdemeanours before. I can think of trent hotton and aaron james.

afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 7:28 am

am i missing something, they were drunk took the safe option and got a cab , and the cab driver said "mmm drunk" , and took them to the police". I could understand if they were walking along the street and causing problems, or fighting etc but I didnt realise that being drunk in a taxi was an offence What next . . breaking down the front door and being arrested for being drunk in your lounge. Is there more to it or is the taxi driver the biggest dick in the world.
someone explain it to me ??????????

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 7:57 am

lol lol lol had to be Ben Kinnear didn't it hahahah hence the name Magpiegal19 and i came up with after being out with them one night...glass smasher ay Magpiegal lol

It's pretty obvious why a lot of names are being left out of the senior team now u may say to me not to believe everything we hear but we have actually seen how a lot of them behave off field with our own eyes and i can tell u now which ones are missing games for disciplinary reasons and will most likely be cut at the end of the year!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 9:56 am

Guys they are being charge for public drunkeness. Now correct me if I'm wrong BUT is a cab considered a public place? I've studied this in Legal Studies, and the last thing I remember that it a grey area in the law.

And the cabbie - What a friggin' tool.

JDF
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 10:15 am

the rub was that the cabbie drove them back to flinders st station, which constitutes a public place. the more I think about it, the more stupid the situation sounds. why didn't they just get out of the cab and catch another one? why didn't their girlfriends do something, try to explain the situation, presuming they weren't drunk because they weren't arrested? maybe they tested the cabbie, i.e. "go on I dare you, call the cops, see if I care?". I don't know, I think there may be more to this than the papers are letting out.

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 12:10 pm

I have just been listening to Steve Price talking about the subject. This behaviour doesn't surprise him coming from Collingwood Players and apparently their supporters are no better. When a Collingwood supporter rang up in our defence, he was ridiculed and insulted until he hung up.
I wish I could give him a piece of my mind. He hangs sh*t on Sam Newman for being rude to people and he is even worse!
I know, I know - don't listen to 3AW - Great Idea!

biodave 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 1:03 pm

Price must have a short memory. Look at Richmond and Brad Ottens. How hypocritical.

bless their courageous hearts

Seth 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 1:26 pm

Sorry Joel, but being in your own car which is on a public road constitutes being in a public place. Believe me I know that one, there is a very good case law authority on it which escapes me at the moment.

The only thing I can say is that there has to be a little bit more to it for the coppers to lock em up. And contrary to what someone said before, Police members don't go around looking for footy players or celebrities to arrest or whatever as usually it carries with it a lot of heartache and anguish as more often than not the story will be front page news with a leading barrister protesting their innocence etc and for Police members that is something you don't need with all the other crap you have to deal with.

I am suprised by the reaction from Balmey who obviously was not there to make any judgements on a persons sobriety or demeanour. He was over .05 but not drunk. Well shit what does that mean? And if they were drunk and placed in a cell with others then so what. I can't see why they need special treatment. Wow Scotto saw a fight, gee next time they push and shove in the footy field I hope he doesn't witness that.
I laugh when all this occurs. What is the big deal about being drunk in a public place. You do 4 hours, get released and when the matter comes back, no-one turns up and you get the charge dismissed because the penalty has already been served by the 4 hours. So please Collingwood, don't waste my membership money by placing it in a lawyer's back pocket over pissy drunk charges. It's all over and done with.

What is concerning is the time of the day they were out drunk for.
Gee from now on the Police will ask all suspects your name, address and do you play for an AFL team. If the answer is yes to the third then what, are you supposed to get special treatment, sorry mate doesn't work like that.
We've all done it, we all live and learn.

Collingwood is Coming!!
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 1:35 pm

I read the article, it sounded as tho they weren't drunk and had done nothing wrong.

the great number 17
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 2:42 pm

Cup Storm A Tea In

rearrange words to make a popular phrase.

it must be a sssssslllllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww news day in Oz!

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2001 5:24 am

well, eddie said on last night's london footy show that, apparently, the lads asked the turkish taxi driver, mustafa, if he was the bloke from the lion king. what a jibb!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: