Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lumumba (plus steak knives) to Nth for their first rounder?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:10 am
Post subject: Lumumba (plus steak knives) to Nth for their first rounder?Reply with quote

i wouldnt mind getting a mid teens draft pick like a Tom Lamb. Not a monty to make it, but has a chance.

This thread isnt really to debate H's worth, i just think we should come up with some package of players to get North or Essendon or Richmond's first pick as i think there might be some tasty morsels at pick 13-16 and those teams have lists that need additional help today to get their current list over the hump.

Please dont respond by saying that H isnt worth it.

Instead, the question for this thread is whether we think the pies should be working really hard (and sacrificing some experience) in order to get a mid teen draft pick.

I say we should. Look at theage profile below;

2011 - Elliot, Adams (GWS), Williams, Gault
2012 - Kennedy, Broomhead, Grundy, Frost
2013 - Scharenberg, Freeman, Langdon, Marsh
2014 - 2 more first rounders and an early second seem like the right thing to do here.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly an idea. I think I would be tempted to get Mitch Clark for H though (or some sort of combo). At 26 he should have some more footy in him and we need someone of his playing capabilities. He can certainly play to a high standard at AFL level.

Adding in Darcy Moore and we have lots of good quality young players on our list already.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:37 am

Do Essendon get a 1st round pick this season or are there still penalties?
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:26 pm

jackcass wrote:
Do Essendon get a 1st round pick this season or are there still penalties?

That was last year they lost the first round, this year i think they lose their second round pick.... i might be wrong. At any rate i am not sure they would want to trade it as they got a pretty good player last year with Merrit....just shows i guess you don't need all the picks in the world to unearth a star.

I think we should chase GWS.....we had a win/win trade with them last year with the Shaw/Adams deal that both sides were happy with.....they have jonathan o'rourke who wants to come home and seems to be list clogging there.

Jonathan o'rourke for Harry plus our 3rd round (pick 44 ish) Given that he was pick.2 in the draft they will want more then just a player.

Or

Watts plus Melbourne's 3rd round (pick 38ish) for Harry plus 4th round.. It could be that those pick options are switched around, but Melbourne clearly have interest in him.

Or

Harry to Carlton plus our 3rd round pick for Calrton 2nd round pick (should be around pick 24). We might be paying slightly over but we shall negate useing our first round pick on Moore by having two second round picks.

I am not sold on chaseing Clark...who is to say in a years time he won't leave football again? Yes, he is only 25....but is his heart really in it?

Just some ideas anyway Very Happy
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:31 pm

I wonder if either of this years likely grand finalists in Sydney or Hawthorn might be interested in return for there first rounder.

Whoever wins will be looking to load up immediately to have another crack, whoever loses will know there pretty close and will look to any experienced players that might help close the gap.

Not sure if Harry would fit the bill but his best is very good and both those sides have a good strike rate with recycled players and would back there ability to get the best out of him.

Rexy17 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Essendrug don't get a first or second round pick, but get one at the end of the first round as compo.......go figure
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:55 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I wonder if either of this years likely grand finalists in Sydney or Hawthorn might be interested in return for there first rounder.

Whoever wins will be looking to load up immediately to have another crack, whoever loses will know there pretty close and will look to any experienced players that might help close the gap.

Not sure if Harry would fit the bill but his best is very good and both those sides have a good strike rate with recycled players and would back there ability to get the best out of him.

Lumumba is exactly the sort of player Sydney likes off half back, and they may be looking for a Shaw replacement.

I don't think we necessarily need to push for another draft pick, we've had quite a few in the last two years and we'll get Moore and an early second rounder this year. If it's doable, going after a more established but still young player, like O'Rourke, might be smart and possibly less of a risk.

slangman 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:57 am

Harry and 2nd round pick for Clark and watts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: