Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#30 Darcy Moore

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Defender wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
According to the Herald Sun we might have to give up 2 Picks IF we want Moore.

Bloody Idiots at the AFL

They won't change the rules this year.

Was mentioned on the footy show that they may change the bidding process for father son and academy players. Could become a committee assessed value which may indeed mean Moore costs us our 1st and 2nd picks. Could be implemented prior to this years draft.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:11 pm

jackcass wrote:
Defender wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Bloody Idiots at the AFL

Was mentioned on the footy show that they may change the bidding process for father son and academy players. Could become a committee assessed value which may indeed mean Moore costs us our 1st and 2nd picks. Could be implemented prior to this years draft.

Yeah I know that, but I'm my expert opinion they won't change it this season. Smile

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:03 pm

This change would have nothing at all to do with the existence of Moore, his level of quality and the fact he is going to come to Collingwood.

People who think that one would be motivated by the other are just paranoid and a bit delusional.

There is no existing evidence that the AFL has a deep-seated and long-established bias against the Collingwood Football Club

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:28 pm

Moore wont cost us two picks IMO given the way our season is heading.

The Swans on the other hand might have to part with two given there looking likely to make it deep into September and might finish up with selection 17 or 18.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:57 pm

jackcass wrote:
Defender wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Bloody Idiots at the AFL

If that is the Case I reckon Hine would pass on Moore Sadly

Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:07 pm

Agree with the majority, things won't change to next year. But if they do I think we would give up a first and second pick. Key positions are like gold, what are we missing right now? Yep that's right a KPP.

Looking at Carlisle again tonight, would be nice to have our Reid playing. A Moore will do just fine in a couple of years.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:37 pm

Bucks2014 wrote:
Agree with the majority, things won't change to next year. But if they do I think we would give up a first and second pick. Key positions are like gold, what are we missing right now? Yep that's right a KPP.

Looking at Carlisle again tonight, would be nice to have our Reid playing. A Moore will do just fine in a couple of years.

True that KPP have way lot more Value then a Mid

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:03 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
This change would have nothing at all to do with the existence of Moore, his level of quality and the fact he is going to come to Collingwood.

People who think that one would be motivated by the other are just paranoid and a bit delusional.

There is no existing evidence that the AFL has a deep-seated and long-established bias against the Collingwood Football Club

More to do with Swans access to kids via the academy system. Heeny this year is apparently a top 5 prospect and there is another kid next year who is highly rated. That's on top of a kid named Dunkley who is also a top 5 prospect.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:20 pm

Agree, this move is more about the acadamies than the F&S. Potentially, if the acadamies really took off, teams like Sydney could be getting a top 10 pick every year for a 15+ selection.

In our case, if we had say pick 10 and Moore was valued at 5-7, we'd be overpaying if we had to throw in a second round pick as well as a first. There'd need to be some other compensation, like moving our second pick down.

Anyway, if we do end up having to pay more for Moore, chalk it up to Ed's big mouth over the acadamies Wink.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:26 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Agree, this move is more about the acadamies than the F&S. Potentially, if the acadamies really took off, teams like Sydney could be getting a top 10 pick every year for a 15+ selection.

In our case, if we had say pick 10 and Moore was valued at 5-7, we'd be overpaying if we had to throw in a second round pick as well as a first. There'd need to be some other compensation, like moving our second pick down.

Anyway, if we do end up having to pay more for Moore, chalk it up to Ed's big mouth over the acadamies Wink.

No Ed is spot on. You said it yourself. Just another way Sydney is trying to get an advantage on the other teams. They already have father/son picks now & so can Brisbane. If they are having an academy in QLD & NSW it needs to be ran by the AFL with every player having to go through the draft like everybody else. Ed had the balls to say something where as the other Presidents just leave Ed to take the wrap even though they agree with him completely. I am disliking Sydney FC more & more every year.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:34 pm

Yeah, that last comment wasn't serious. I agree. So far there haven't been many players coming out of Sydney, but they'll be getting a top 5 talent this year (with a few others a bit further down) and there's suggestions of another quality player next season. The current rules really aren't fair if the system starts to regularly produce players. Quality father and son picks are fairly rare for each club so are really not comparable.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:54 am

woftam wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

No Ed is spot on. You said it yourself. Just another way Sydney is trying to get an advantage on the other teams. They already have father/son picks now & so can Brisbane. If they are having an academy in QLD & NSW it needs to be ran by the AFL with every player having to go through the draft like everybody else. Ed had the balls to say something where as the other Presidents just leave Ed to take the wrap even though they agree with him completely. I am disliking Sydney FC more & more every year.

Yeah you can understand GWS and GCS getting preferential access to the academy kids as they don't have FS prospects coming through. Not so Brisbane and Sydney. That said, I think the establishment clubs have been gifted more than generous draft concessions so there has to be a limit. If the AFL are concerned about reduced crowds in 2014, wait till we get to the stage where these 2 clubs are so much stronger than all others.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:19 am

I hope Sydney, Suns and GWS win the next 15 premierships. Then we will see the AFL reduced to the 3rd code behind League and Soccer.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Did his Hammy today in the Game vs Calder.

Well he be a Collngwood now

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:25 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Did his Hammy today in the Game vs Calder.

Well he be a Collngwood now

I assume in that case we have been planning his fitness program in the past few months?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
Page 30 of 122   

Jump to: