Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan Buckley on Talking Footy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:
Nathan Buckley Talking footy interview here :

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/videos/watch/23055445/talking-footy-nathan-buckley/

Thanks Mate

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:18 pm

Bucks is all class.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:55 am

Mugwump wrote:
A few nights ago, I watched his "Open Mike" episode from a year or two ago. He is the most self-possessed, collected, thoughtful and mature communicator I have ever seen in a public role in the AFL. If our politicans were as honest and credible as this man, we'd be the luckiest country in the world. It remains to be seen whether his undoubtedly champion qualities as a player can translate into the tactical overview that brings on-field success ; but unless he is completely different behind the scenes to his public persona, I think we will prove to have the best coach in the AFL by a street. Success needs demonstration, and I need to see the on-field dominance secured before I can believe fully, but he's incredibly impressive.

This post really struck a chord for me; the comparison between Bucks (and really for that matter, a lot of AFL coaches) Vs the clowns on the Hill is apt. I think the difference lies in the fact that Bucks is, and always has been, a proud servant of the club, whereas the jokers on The Hill are proud servants of nothing but their own ego and thirst for power.

The other point is player development; and I'm speaking in a non-football sense. I feel there's a really good culture vibe coming from the club, particularly the playing group, this year. Its all feels very pre-Buddy swans like to me, very 'No dickheads' orientated. Top stuff, and all thanks to Bucks

Anyway, rant over; suffice to say that Bucks is a class act. I certainly had my doubts after Round 1, but my word what a turnaround

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
slydog81 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:23 am

The questions by these so called journos were shidhouse

the best question was from a fan via twitter about Ben Reid.

Darcy is a flog.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:58 pm

^Tim Watson concedes this re questions

Thanks for posting BTW - C4E

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:32 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
A few nights ago, I watched his "Open Mike" episode from a year or two ago. He is the most self-possessed, collected, thoughtful and mature communicator I have ever seen in a public role in the AFL. If our politicans were as honest and credible as this man, we'd be the luckiest country in the world. It remains to be seen whether his undoubtedly champion qualities as a player can translate into the tactical overview that brings on-field success ; but unless he is completely different behind the scenes to his public persona, I think we will prove to have the best coach in the AFL by a street. Success needs demonstration, and I need to see the on-field dominance secured before I can believe fully, but he's incredibly impressive.

This post really struck a chord for me; the comparison between Bucks (and really for that matter, a lot of AFL coaches) Vs the clowns on the Hill is apt. I think the difference lies in the fact that Bucks is, and always has been, a proud servant of the club, whereas the jokers on The Hill are proud servants of nothing but their own ego and thirst for power.

The other point is player development; and I'm speaking in a non-football sense. I feel there's a really good culture vibe coming from the club, particularly the playing group, this year. Its all feels very pre-Buddy swans like to me, very 'No dickheads' orientated. Top stuff, and all thanks to Bucks

Anyway, rant over; suffice to say that Bucks is a class act. I certainly had my doubts after Round 1, but my word what a turnaround

Absolutely. Love the way Bucks handles himself in the media, professional and controlled without being overly dull. Though, he can slip into an overuse of businessese - intellectual property is one he likes to use a lot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: