Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Anzac Day match. Pies v. Dons - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

weather looks ok. i'd keep witts.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:05 am

There's only one obvious omission imo and that would be Langdon. Really impressed with the kid but he's looked a little shaky the last 2 weeks. A stint in the twos would serve him well. Brown would have to come in, surely. If Bellchambers comes in I'll be amazed if we don't stick with Witts, I think he's coming along nicely. So that's it

IN: Brown
OUT: Langdon
SUB: Blair

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:25 am

That's the key, Mr Emu: will Bellchambers play? If he does not, then we may well play only one of Witts & Grundy, with White and perhaps Keeffe to help out with the taps. If he does, we are probably better to stay with two rucks.
melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:26 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
There's only one obvious omission imo and that would be Langdon. Really impressed with the kid but he's looked a little shaky the last 2 weeks. A stint in the twos would serve him well. Brown would have to come in, surely. If Bellchambers comes in I'll be amazed if we don't stick with Witts, I think he's coming along nicely. So that's it

Nup. Tall defender for small defender. We are playing two rucks and your adding another tall. It's just too tall and unbalanced.

We could put Brown in for Witts. Then Keeffe and White can play 2nd ruck with Brown filling playing key back and Keeffe switching ends as needed.

But to be honest I'm not real confident with that mix. I'd rather go with an extra runner if anything. Not an extra tall.

I think Dwyer is the player to come in. We need more goal scoring power from our smalls. Who goes out, I can't work out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:54 pm

Langdon is a small defender? Ok, he's not super tall but he's surely more in the medium tall range. Regardless, he needs a spell which means we need another defender of which Brown is the only likely replacement. He can play 'shorter' and has done well on the Crameri types before (yes, I know he's no longer at essendon). There may be no change at all, a lot depends on Bellchambers inclusion which is likely but I get the feeling Daniher will be dropped. Perhaps Witts might miss, who knows?
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:59 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:

i'd be rewarding langdon with an anzac day game. will certainly test his mettle and see what he is made of.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:06 pm

I like the romance of it, Mr. Wren but on current form, I can't agree.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:11 pm

What's the Essendon forward line look like these days? Do they have a single tall or even medium, worth worrying about? Seem to have a number of similar types, none of which are yet all that good.

This is the only reason I'd not necessarily bring back Brown. He's hands down our best one on one defender, we just may not need him against the Bombers. If he's 100% fit though, he should play. No sense in playing a lesser player is he's available.

It would depend on matchups, but Keeffe or Langdon could be the out for Brown, possibly even Witts. Frost is mobile enough to play on a medium. Would need to see the Essendon lineup to be more sure.

Brown in (if fully fit). Possibly Dwyer or Adams (Thomas was only passable) a chance, but I don't think it's likely if there are no injury concerns.

melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:42 pm

I'm guessing Daniher will be dropped. He has given them nothing two weeks in a row and before that was just average.

From radio pregame coverage today, sounds like Bellchambers is still another week or two away.

Not sure what no - name ruck they have to bring up from VFL.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:01 pm

Goddard's the key, I think. If he's not playing I think they might struggle for scoring power.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:29 pm

melliot wrote:
I'm guessing Daniher will be dropped. He has given them nothing two weeks in a row and before that was just average.

From radio pregame coverage today, sounds like Bellchambers is still another week or two away.

Not sure what no - name ruck they have to bring up from VFL.

They won't be dropping Daniher. Without him their forward structure is shot. Don't be surprised if Thompson switches Carlisle and Hurley around again. Bellchambers missing has robbed them of that extra tall player up there to draw a man.

The only backup ruck they have to bring in from the reserves is a young kid called Fraser Thurlow. He's on the rookie list though, so I'm not sure if they have room to upgrade him...
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:49 pm

I wouldn't be underestimating Essendon based on their game against the sainters.

1. They played Freo in 38 degree heat. Players can lose between 2-3 kg's
2. 6 day turnaround
3. About 8 players had gastro / flu like Symptoms (mancold)

Like us they lift for big games a lot of the time.

Should Goddard, Wunderlich & Bellchambers be fit & ready to play this will be no walk in the park

Even if they're not playing it will still be a tough prospect although (& obviously) we should be in a better postion to win.

(Jesus, I still feel pissed off about our Anzac day game last year).

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:41 pm

I think this will be very close, but I'm feeling optimistic.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:20 am

Feel very optimistic at this stage. Can't actually see any changes being made to this team. May well find that any possible changes present themselves in the emergencies.

I feel very very confident, if we can bring our pressure game. But it's Anzac Day... and we know they lift. We do owe them for last year's match. Knowing our coaches though "last year is irrelevant". Sometimes I wish we'd play on stuff like that.

How good would it be if we can beat the Bummers and then the Scum going into the break? Magnificent.... that's how good.

C'mon Pies... can't wait. Bring. It. On.

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:44 am

Can't wait!!
The Dons will be keen to get their season back on track BUT I'm sure they'll be having some sleepless nights!... Of course, the cheats will probably take something for that!!!
We'll be favourites for this game I imagine?!?!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12   

Jump to: