Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Grand Final Ticket Allocation Idea - Feedback Wanted

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think that game attendance or how many years you have been a member will solve this either.

Firstly, We would loose a lot of country & interstate members and secondly we wouldnt get hardly any NEW members becuase there is no incentive to buy a membership if there is a 10 - 20 year wait to become one of the elite. (How many of our 40,000 members would have brought a SC membership if they knew there was zero chance of a GF ticket???)

Then there are people like me who can only attend a handful of games per year due to work commitments....

Trippy Pie Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:41 am

Welcome to the harsh reality of football in the twenty first century.

If someone out there can find a way a club can raise the twenty milion dollars it costs to field a team each year, without bending over for the business dollar, I am sure Eddie would love to hear from you.

Ask yourself this question. If you as a sponsor gave the club a million dollars, what would you expect in return? A couple of sausage sizzles during the year? I don't think so.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:25 am

If we go on the theory of giving those a ticket who turn up each week could we please plant a collingwood chip in the tv and radio because there's a few of us interstaters who turn up each week (in spirit). We'd give our right arm to see them once or twice a year let alone 18 weeks a year plus a GF. I do understand what is being said because from reading there was a lot of people who missed last year who attended all games and that's unfortunate.

The GF ticket allocation will always cause problems because as Trippy said we dont' have the coin that the businesses do. If a GF allocation meant signing a $1mill contract then the club is stupid not to do it.

I wish we could ALL go, interstate members included who don't get to see any games (WA - this year anyway). I doubt there will ever be a fair and equitable system for allocation unless the stands become like the Italy soccer stadiums and hold 150k people and stand upright.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:49 pm

Quote:
Ask yourself this question. If you as a sponsor gave the club a million dollars, what would you expect in return? A couple of sausage sizzles during the year? I don't think so.

I'd probably expect massive exposure of my company at all functions involving the club I was investing my money in. I wouldnt be expecting 10 tickets to a grandfinal between Adelaide and StKilda if I were sponsoring Collingwood. Just like I wouldnt be expecting 10 tickets to the Robert Reynolds Trophy Carlton best and fairest night.

Clubs sponsors are exactly that - sponsoring the club - not the afl... so why should they get tickets to an adelaide V st kilda match if you dont friggin sponsor them? Sure if the sponsors club makes the grand final give em tickets, but why can they be guaranteed tickets if the club they are backing doesnt even make it?! If anything, by allocating tickets to sponsors of competing clubs only, it gives the club more incentive to do better during the season so that their sponsors get the rewards.

If each non-completing club got 3,500 tickets instead of 1,500 meaning there were only no tickets remaining for any club members would this be fair? It would be as fair as the current system. We might be able to get a hell of a lot more sponsors and make millions more by the above sound logic (not mine). We should rule out club members getting tickets to the grand final full stop. Then all the clubs would be laughing to the bank with the amount of sponsors they'd then be able to have. (or maybe they'd then be struggling to find sponsors since people no longer attend the matches during the season).

all i am saying is, where is the fairness in giving non-competing grand final club backers (and high paying packaged deals executives) so many tickets.

True there will be still members who miss out, but the i'd feel a hell of a lot better as one of those supporting members if i missed out but knew my ticket wasnt being given to the cousin of the executive of Mayne Health or SAAB simply because they are a sponsor of the carlton football club while their club sat on the bottom of the ladder.

Give the sponsors the share of tickets if the club makes it to the grand final by all means.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:04 pm

Blanch wrote:
If we go on the theory of giving those a ticket who turn up each week could we please plant a collingwood chip in the tv and radio because there's a few of us interstaters who turn up each week (in spirit).

Obviously this needs to be taken into account, and that's why in my first post I made the point of saying Melbourne based supporters.

I don't know what the answer is, but I do believe the interstaters need to be covered as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: