Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is it in the blood?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharp9 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ConBigWig wrote:
Once a Magpie always a Magpie.
It's like drinking wine and going back to beer.
It will make you sick.

Just not true, I'm afraid, romantic though the notion is. People do change allegiences - and that's the facts. I guess you might say that they were never real supporters, then. Whatever.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:03 pm

Blunt9 - who gives a RFC about your opinion.

Anyway back to the subject.

Well...where do I start.
It all began on the GF of 1966, when I was four months from being born. The Pies had lost by 1 point. Well would you believe, if tell ya that...it all began back when I was 5 or 6 in primary school, and after Richmond's premiership in 1973 or 1974. My school friend was a Richmond supporter, so I thought I would become one too. I asked my mum and dad to buy a jumper for me. But instead of getting me a Richmond jumper they got me a Collingwood jumper by mistake. My parents were early immagrants from Italy and knew nothing about footy at the time. My dad still calls Collingwood "Collin-good" as a stir. I never asked them to return the jumper. I thought to myself. "Hmmm nice colours...I may as well support them". It was fate. But I never really got serious about supporting Collingwood until I turned 10 in 1977. I was visiting my cousin Rena's house and he would always listened to them on the radio when were were young, and coincindently they were playing Richmond that day. I'm not sure what round, but they beat them well and I was hooked. Ever since that day, I have got more and into them. My cousin and I are inseperable and have watched the Pies together on TV or live for many years. We have progressed from being supporters to season ticket holders to social club members. We've had our highs of 90 (although we missed the GF as we couldn't get tickets) and lows of 77 (and the replay), 79, 80, 81. But I can see a big future for the Pies. Look out.

PS: Joffa created a post similar to this on Sun Oct 28, 2001 @ 6:37 pm
It was titled "Post subject: WHAT MADE US' COLLINGWOOD PEOPLE'."
Check it out !.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=5382&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Last edited by Clemo on Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:07 pm

sharp9 you really must be thick not to have noticed by now - WE DON'T GIVE A DAMN what you think or have to say. You will NEVER know what it means to be a die-hard Collingwood supporter who bleeds black and white.
GO AWAY!
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:16 pm

I was born into a collingwood family. Everyone in my dads family are collingwood supporters. It was never an issue of which team to support.

My great grandfathers cousins were the legendary albert and harry collier from the 1920s and 30s who helped the pies to 4 consecutive flags.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:03 pm

From the moment I was born, I was Collingwood. That is the simplest way to put it.
Beth Leo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:48 pm

Thanks Clemo. I checked out the posts and they were a really interesting read. I specially enjoyed the bits of poetry.
There seems to be a bit of a trend here. Most of us are following in our father's footsteps as to who we follow. (with a couple of exceptions.) I wonder why that is??? Anyhow, thank you to everyone who has replied, I've really enjoyed reading your stories. After I originally posted I thought it might seem a bit like the "Why I love the Pies" series on the website. I've enjoyed reading those too and I see the next one is up so I'll be off to read that in a minute.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: