Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

To fly.. or not to fly..

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
klf Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:33 am
Post subject: To fly.. or not to fly..Reply with quote

I'm new here, so excuse me if I'm posting this in the wrong section, but I need some advice.

In the past few years I've been converted to an AFL, and more importantly, Collingwood fan and I'm having a bit of a dilemma. I live in Brisbane and am yet to attend an actual AFL game.

I'm contemplating flying down to Sydney for Saturday's huge match. I'm a bit wary because I'll be going on my own and my flight back to Brisbane won't be until 630am on the Sunday morning. I've never been to Sydney, so being a 23 year old girl (woman?) with nothing to do all night could be a bit scary, but I am DYING to go.

Someone.. anyone.. tell me what I should do!

Thanking you all in advance! Confused
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Drop a line to someone from the Sydney Magpies, or the Cheersquad who's going up, they'd be able to help ya.....might even be some people from the Nth Army (Qld supporters) going to the game as well, dunno who the contacts are in Sydney..I think MG77B and Gonzo are incolved off the top of my head
Trippy Pie Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:13 am

If you have not been to a game before I suggest that you just do it.

You will enjoy a fantastic night with the army and if you can make to the prematch circle at the Homebush brewery, you will also meet many people from Nicks who are attending the game.

So do yourself a favour, check out the related sites on this game and get yourself there.

You will never forget the evening.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:31 am

Is there any tickets left?
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:00 pm

When you get a ticket, just make sure you ask to be in the Collingwood section (behind the goals, S1 and S2 I think) and you will be amongst the faithful.
Geoffy Pie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:09 pm

I have reason to believe the c/s may have a few extra tickets available in the c/s section but not entirely sure
klf Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:43 pm

Joel wrote:
Is there any tickets left?

Yeah Joel there are some pretty decent single tickets left, whichs is why I'll be going on myo wn if I go. I had a friend who was willing to come with me, but the only seats we could find together were way up near the roof and I think I might have a heart attack if I sit there. Smile
klf Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:48 pm

Rather than replying to everyone one by one and being annoying I just wanted to do one post saying thanks to everyone for their ideas and support.

I am on the brink of making a decision! Well I'd bloody want to be otherwise the plane tickets will cost a squillion dollars and there will be no seats left in Sydney. Smile

Thanks again! Very Happy
MG77B 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:12 pm

You would be most welcome at our Sydney Magpies function. We have plenty of ladies in our group that would make you feel right at home. Getting to the airport by 6.30am the next morning means your accomdation should be close to that part of town as possible. There is three airport motels.
What time do you fly in on saturday as I'm picking up a mate around the 2.30 mark.
I'm sure we can find you a ticket. Great Gonzo (Malte) has 6 spare tics in the Collingwood area.
If you have any further enquires let us know....
You will not regret your first Magpie experience, but be warned once you have the bug look at your bank balance go down especially living in another state.

Cheers
Craig

klf Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:29 pm

Sad

I'm so appreciative of all the help everyone has given me today. I didn't know a bunch of strangers could be so friendly and helpful.

I was all ready to book my flights but then my babysitter for the night fell through, talk about heartbreak. I have a babysitter for part of the night, but that's not too helpful when you have a 2 year old that needs constant supervision.

What I need help with now is a place in Brisbane that I can watch the game! Does anyone have any ideas? Stupid QLD Tv not airing the important games. Evil or Very Mad

Anyways.. I expect all of you to be barracking on my behalf, and hopefully in the not too distant futire I'll get to that elusive first game of mine!

Thanks again for all your help!

Very Happy
roccasok 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:56 am

Why not bring the little one with you?

I know it's hard to travel with a 2 year old (I just did it with my cousin's 20 month old), but what an initiation into the Collingwood family it would be to take the little one along!! I bet there would be heaps of magpies supporters who would make you both feel welcome.
klf Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:06 pm

roccasok wrote:
Why not bring the little one with you?

I know it's hard to travel with a 2 year old (I just did it with my cousin's 20 month old), but what an initiation into the Collingwood family it would be to take the little one along!! I bet there would be heaps of magpies supporters who would make you both feel welcome.

I only wish that was feasible, it'd be awesome! My little boy isn't quite the same as a lot of 2 year olds though and if I took him to the football I think he'd just cry and squirm and try and get away from me. He's not one to sit still and be good, he'd want to run off. So I fear I may spend the entire game chasing him around and trying to stop him from being sad. :S

Maybe I just need to move to Melbourne, then I can attend the footy as often as I like.. Very Happy

It was a good idea though roccasok, and one I have seriously considered many, many times recently!
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:22 pm

klf wrote:
My little boy isn't quite the same as a lot of 2 year olds though and if I took him to the football I think he'd just cry and squirm and try and get away from me. He's not one to sit still and be good...

I'm sorry I thought you said he isn't your fairly normal 2 year old boy.

klf Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:33 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
klf wrote:
My little boy isn't quite the same as a lot of 2 year olds though and if I took him to the football I think he'd just cry and squirm and try and get away from me. He's not one to sit still and be good...

I'm sorry I thought you said he isn't your fairly normal 2 year old boy.

Haha, nice one. My son actually has quite a few health problems and developmental problems, I just didn't know how to word it. But instead of trying to simplify it I made him seem like every other 2 year old in the world.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: