Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFL Record is garbage

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2001 8:42 am
Post subject: AFL Record is garbageReply with quote

Well I went to the Essendon V Adelaide game last night and got a copy of this rounds AFL Record. At the start of the season they predicted us to finish 15th....how wrong they are when we're currently 6th. So how have they changed their tune??? not bloody much coz they're predicting us to now finish 13th. Gimme a break! what crap.

Only reason to buy the record for the game next week folks is for the Chris Tarrant interview for Mark of the week.

Fradam Wrote This
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2001 9:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a cheaper option, Fradam.

We all know the Record is garbage, so wait until after the game and have a look through the bins at the ground and find a discarded copy. Save yourself $3.

Why pay your hard-earned money to encourage their drivel? Put it towards your finals tickets.

**floreat pica**

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2001 5:56 pm

It just irritates me that the for all the price hikes, they still can't make a footy record durable enough to not get ripped throught the staples by quarter time.

And I mean the AFL go on about $3 being cheap compared the other programs, but when you buy one every week it adds up. Plus the food is the biggest ripoff ever.

You'd get better value eating your record and reading your hotdog bag.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 3:33 am

Wake up folks i never buy the AFL record and you wanna know why
ITS AFL PRPOGANDA BULLSHIT....we the paying people the people who have supported the AFL through attendances memberships merchandise etc etc etc...are nothing but a consumer we are not a supporter anymore we are now the consumer.

We have been hijacked by a group of egomaniacs hellbent on wrecking our game they dont ask us ever what do we think is good for the game they tell us what they think is good for the game.

So therefor one has to conclude we know nothing and yet they must know everything.

If i am a member of a football club which rightfully mirrors my dedication to the game and obviously the club for which i am a member then why cant i democratically vote on any changes proposed for our game.

When are we the consumer (might as well use the inword) going to ever get the message across 'enough is enough' could it be that club people loaded with passion are not able to make decisions for the betterment of our game.

Could it be that some one taking home $370 per week has not the intelligence to even suggest something which might benefit the game.

We have seen to many changes in football and to be fair some have been good whilst others have just been absolute shockers many many shockers and generally bad decision making.

I dont understand this if yourself and i are paying big money on a weekly basis to support our club which in turn supports the AFL
why are we never given a say.

Its like it has become a game of them versus us,we the paying consumer are not involved with decision making in a game we all love can you see how rediculous it has all become.

Ok a simple solution a change to the game is introduced it can be anything ,tribunal matter , a proposed rule change in the game itself,any thing related to our game and it is our game dont ever be mistaken if we dont go it will no longer be.

Members of all clubs vote on what ever the proposed change maybe
its simple just like a referendum you vote as you go through the gate.

Now wouldnt something like that bring us all together in deciding what direction we wanted our game to go.

Now im waffling all this stuff simply because the AFL RECORD is a very good way for the AFL to get the message across.If you keep telling some one something is good they will believe its good and yes our game is good but it could be greater it could be far greater it could involve all of us in deciding the true direction of our game in which we are all crying out for, and that is BRING THE GAME BACK TO THE PEOPLE.

WE MARCH WITH PRIDE,WE MARCH WITH LOVE,WHEN IT COMES TO OUR COLLINGWOOD WE FOREVER MARCH ! we will never forget our great number #42...GO YOU BLOODY PIES yeaaah LETS KICK ASS.lets kill the bloody bastards !!
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

eMmA 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 7:22 am

I hate it when the ppl selling it jump in ur face and yell
"RECORD", it pisses me off!

"gO AnThOnY"...#23

Mick 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 9:01 am

Sure is...so do yourself a favour and pick up a copy of HOT PIES for only $2.

It's entirely about the Pies so you don't have to flick through pages of crap about other teams.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 9:05 am

Alf,

I USED to buy the Record religiously, but 3 bucks is a bit steep. I too wait for after the game and pick one up after the game - but not from bins, just from underneath seats. With all the advertising, you'd reckon it would be cheaper. The only articles I read is the Collingwood stuff anyway. Most of it is crap.

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 9:07 am

The VFL record is betta than the AFL i think.
Only $2! Cheaper too.
Not as much in them, but betta reading coz I know 1/2 the people in it!

I LOVE DANNY ROACH 4 EVA AND EVA
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 6:22 pm

might have to look into the hot pies. Whats actually in it, is there any back issues or anything on the web?

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 5:04 am

yeah the record is one big ripoff.
im sure the tossers sitting in their glass boxes dont have the staples ripped out by half time, even though they would be using it a lot to figure out who number ? is for probably their own team.
i used to buy it too buy for $3 they can stick it where it fits, theres alot of things i can buy with the $66 a season, and bloody hell dont even mention the price for one during FINALS, youd think the pages were made of gold for the ridiculous prices they charge.

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 6:45 am

Good one Dantheman.LOL.
I might try that - Eating the Record and reading the Hot Dog bag.

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 12:06 pm

Hehe, yeah better quality all round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: