Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ian Collins your either a LIAR or just IGNORANT

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trippy Pie Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the game was called a sell out as they double sold tickets for the same seats and these were cheer squad seats.

As for Telstra security those that know me, know what I think of them, the child bashers
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:20 am

Screw the dome it's not our home ground we should not be playing there.

How many more stuff ups need to happen at the Dome before people realise the place is a joke.

Why the hell we play our home games there still has me pissed off. Give me the G anyday rain, hail or snow. That's where premierships are won not at the dome.

As far as getting drinks in the ground goes anyone can get it in if they tried at any ground at any venue. The idea is to make sure they are small and carried on your person not in a bag. Razz
Broadie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:16 pm

Ian Collins seems to have contracted the same disease that affects all operators and administrators at the Docklands: that the "Docklands reality" bears no resemblance to the real world.

I, too, arrived before 6pm and heard numerous announcements about there being NO general admission; that there was only seating on the third level for clubs members and that anyone needing to buy a ticket could only get STANDING ROOM tickets.

This was blatantly untrue.

As a club member I knew I could get in, but changed my plans as a result of the pre-game warnings / paranoia / propaganda, arriving an hour earlier than normal. This was an absolute waste of time, as I could have turned up at 7.35pm and still had very good seating. (Thank GOD for "Hot Pies" giving me something to while away the time).

Ian Collins comments are an absolute insult - does he really think there are hundreds of people calling up radio stations in some conspiracy to criticise the stadium? Many callers I heard on the way home spoke of how it's a great place to watch footy, but these admission problems are just too unpredictable, particularly if you have a family.

blackandwhitebeliever Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:28 pm

Like Broadie I arrived way too early to get seats I could have got 30 min. before the game.. also walked through without bag being checked.. saw the table they use.. but no one being checked !!
blybo 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:48 pm

I walked in at 7.40, bloody public transport. As a reserved seat member it was not a problem for me. However if all the people standing at the back of the seating on ground level had gone to level 3, it would have looked full.

I guess the only way to really understand is to know what % of members to they expected to turn up and how many really did. I also suspect that many members choose to stand on ground level rather than going to level 3 to access bars, Locker room etc. I have never sat in level 3 so I am not aware of the facilities there, I was just thinking out loud.
Madi Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:16 pm

I have a reserved seat so seating wasnt a problem for me, but I could hear the loud speaker saying there were only standing room seats left, Which i realised was absolute bs when I got inside, there were heaps of seats left, Ian Collins is such a liar - denying that he said the ground would be full, it was marketed as a sell-out (i think :p) Does he really think people will believe that they misheard the ticket sellers and announcers saying there was only standing room.

About the bag check; My bag is checked 60% of the time (even though i'm very innocent looking Smile) but never properly, they normally just look in, see a jacket on the top and tell me to go, Bottles or anything else could be hidden underneath but they never bother to check.

Ian Collins is lying about the bag check as well as the 'sell out' crowd, I see plenty of people walk past the table and not get their bag checked, about 2-3 people out of 10 get their bags checked, and I'm nearly always one of them! Sad Razz

T rustworthy
T errific

B rave
U nderestimated
R eliable
N ice
S uperstar!!!!
Rach20 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:53 pm

I have no problem with the seating as I got all my reserved seating at the start of the year. I can't believe Ian Collis. Ever since the Dome opened I have never had my bag checked. I carry a big bag everywhere. I also heard about Level three being full. It clearly wasn't.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:48 pm

i was busy during the day and decided not to go bcos i couldnt get there early enough and thought i'd be locked out.

good onya collo Rolling Eyes i missed the game for nothing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: