Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

BOARD WARS!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing, there are plenty of collingwood wankers out there who like to cause problems for the rest of us. After the prelim last year some of my fellow 'supporters' read 'morons' were harassing well behaved, minding their own business, elderly, crows supporters on their way home. i felt ashamed and actually apologised to them.

I had a run in with a not so minding his own business crow supporter on the train back into melbourne - but people should be able to come and go to the footy in peace if they wish. i've regularly cruised other boards reading stuff - and seen other pie people or pretend ones (but SOME would be real lets not forget that) going too far in their sh@t stirring after a win. We HATE it here if some opposition #$@@ starts mouthing etc.

I heartily agree about passion, etc and also leaving things go after the siren finishes. The Port board obviously know what to do, and the starter of this thread pales as an amateur who either doesnt actually run a board or someone who hasnt been doing it long when compared to the astute posts from our port adelaide colleague.

As for the name cooldewd. what a joke. go visit any game playing domain and you'll find 95 cooldewd/dood/dude/d00ds.

Live long and prosper Wink
cooldewd Sagittarius

DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:55 pm

Time to set the record straight.

It was me on the Port site, not some imposter.

If anybody took the time to read my posts on the Port site, they would see that I was not trolling per se, just defending my beloved Collingwood FC and her supporters from unfair slander.

I did not bag Port at all during these debates, but I pointed out some forthright facts that they needed to come to grips with.

I made it clear that I spoke for myself and myself only and I made it clear that I am not a Nick's regular.

The complaint that I was trolling on Brisbane boards is pure fantasy. Not only have I never posted on any Brissy forum, I checked to see if somebody else was impersonating me on the Brissy boards, but there were no "cooldewds" there (naturally!). This was a bare faced lie by "dan the man" in an attempt to slander me.

I know the identity of this "dan the man" as he has sent me PM's full of profanity and veiled threats under his normal nickname. I am not scared and nor am I worried

If any of you get the chance to read my posts on thepowerfromport, you will see that I tried to put some perspective into their anti-Collingwood diatribe, but to no avail....any reasonable point I put forward was greeted with "f*#k off w%#ker"....

I have not been banned from thepowerfromport as the admin there is a nice lady and an honest supporter. There are some decent supporters on there to be sure, but many carry on week after week with their anti-Collingwood crap.

I started posting on the Port site from the week before we played Port earlier this year at AAMI, so Nick's had nothing to do with me being there.

So, no, I was not attempting to start a board war, nor do I advocate such unruly behaviour. It is uncalled for and a nightmare for mods.

I am guilty of nothing more than expressing an opinion in opposition to Port supporters. I don't particularly expect them to agree with me, but I don't expect to cop abuse either.

To quote Friedrich Nietzsche: "There are no facts, only interpretations."

As long as people understand this, then everyone would get along just fine.

Sorry that Nick's was dragged into this by some renegade Port supporters posing as admins.

Have a great day and GO PIES!

The Dude

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King Jr

Last edited by cooldewd on Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
piesfan_in_sa 

I'm on the dark side of the border...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:11 pm

look cooldewd - who cares what they say on the other board

just let it be and let them say what they want

and you say that you have no link with Nick's site. well why do you use the same nick there as here then? theres the link right there

Last edited by piesfan_in_sa on Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:11 pm

Well in my last post I was talking to Dan The Man, maybe I should of quoted his post. I aplogize for not doing so.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
cooldewd Sagittarius

DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:26 pm

Piesfan in SA, I meant it as in I only post on Nicks once every leap year.

Therefore, I was not "representing" Nicks.

Understand?

The Dude

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King Jr
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:25 am

Good on you cooldewd. I know how you must feel. I too post regularly (& have for many years) on the newsgroup rec.sport.football & deal with utter morons putting crap on Collingwood. I do this on my own, NOT as any representative of Nick's board. HOW they can blame you for anything beggars belief. I certainly lay into morons on rsf in no uncertain terms if they insult Collingwood or its great players & will continue to do so without any fear or favour. I urge you to continue your great work dude. Don't let the idle threats get you down when you deal with anti Collingwood wankers. They will NEVER be as strong as us.

Esto Collingwood Perpetua!
thepowerfromport 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:45 am

To be fair, while a majority of Port supporters hate Collingwood with a passion, it's only a few who really go overboard with it. A bit of friendly banter between supporters is fine but I really get annoyed when it goes too far. Unfortunately some people don't like to let things go and have to get the last word in so it's never ending. I'll admit I don't like Collingwood, but I don't like any club other than my own. I actually hate the Crows more than any other club so I have to say I'd rather see you lot get up tonight.

Joffa I was at the Collingwood game and never saw one incident, but I'm sorry if something did happen. I was at the cheersquad end too, but probably not close enough to hear what was going on at the end of the game. I have a family and wouldn't want them exposed to violence at a football game. Our supporters come back with horror stories too after trips to interstate venues. I'm a 'live and let live' type so I find it sad that people can't get along. Sure people disagree, but why can't they just leave it at that and move on. The idiots that do this type of thing are at all clubs so it's an unfortunate fact of life.

As for us only having 400+ members, we have only had the boards going this season and with an average of 4 or 5 people a day signing up over the past month or so I'm not complaining. It really doesn't bother me if we only had 50 people there, it's not the numbers that count.

Good luck tonight (you better win because I tipped you), and I hope your players don't pick up this virus from the Crows. Sounds a nasty one!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:52 am

...and I think we can leave it at that. Locked.
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:52 am

WHO GIVES a rats bottom what is said on other boards all i care and interested in is this board and topics here
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: