Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Fraser & Shaw have 2 year contract signings

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:08 pm
Post subject: Fraser & Shaw have 2 year contract signingsReply with quote

2 year extensions. So anyone looking at trade-offs - exclude them. Hey - why not exclude all of them and wait to the end of the season, at least. This is great new - IMO. Very Happy

Last edited by Clemo on Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see Fraser sign a contract he is really starting to come of age after a slow start to his career
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:23 pm

Clemo, what makes you think that signing a two year contract extension excludes tham as trade bait? A club can't trade an uncontracted player, and therefore, this now puts them in line for any trade discussions.

IMO, there wouldn't be any player worth giving up Fraz for, but Shaw? If the right deal was proposed, then it would surely be worth considering.

Hooked
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:32 pm

U beauty onya rogan thats great and I am even more overjoyed about Rhycey Shaw the future captain good onya mate keep up the good work your a star! Laughing

CARN THE PIES!!!!
grims 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:18 pm

Hey dale didn't they make a rule where you can't trade a player till a year into their contract. So we've just signed them up so we can't trade them till next year. I think that's how it works now i'm not too sure but.
Dale61 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:30 pm

I'm not sure how it works either, but if they have signed NEW contracts, then what you say is quite possible.

However, if they have signed 2 year extensions, haven't they extended their current contract by a further two years?

Hooked
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:53 pm

Dale61 wrote:
Clemo, what makes you think that signing a two year contract extension excludes tham as trade bait? A club can't trade an uncontracted player, and therefore, this now puts them in line for any trade discussions.

IMO, there wouldn't be any player worth giving up Fraz for, but Shaw? If the right deal was proposed, then it would surely be worth considering.

Dale,

The Heffernan rule, which prevents clubs from trading players until they are at least one year inside a contract, was introduced earlier in the year (along with the so-called Capuano rule which prevents delistings midway through a season). So unless there are gross extenuating circumstances we can't trade Fraz or Shaw until they are at least a year into the new contracts.

As I understand it, an extension to a contract would be a player with, for example, a year to go on his contract and the club moved early to sign him for two years beyond that. This is not the case here - both players' contracts had expired and if they were to stay at Collingwood, a new agreement needed to be made.

And no, I wouldn't trade Shaw anyway. I don't think there would be a favourable deal - he has made big strides this year and would frankly find it difficult to play at any other club, given his family loyalties. The club has rewarded his hard work and progress, and that's how it should be.

He has shown great ability to both win and carry the ball quickly out of half back this year and we don't have many like him doing that. Kicking needs improving, but he's not alone there.

The Weed

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:36 am

Dale. The point I was trying to make is that I am sick of players being discussed on this board for trade during the season.
pepstar 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:59 am

Now all we need to sign up are ROCCA and MOLLY and we r set...
Dale61 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:30 pm

Today's Hun also cleared up my concerns. Fraz and Shaw actually signed NEW contracts, as opposed to extensions.

Clemo, I too get peeved when discussions like this get started at any time during the season. Maybe one way to kill off discussions about player trade during the season is to not post in any of them, but the best way would be to not let them start in the first place.

Hooked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: