Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you here Cam. I totally agree with what you've said. I can see the viewpoint of impatient people wanting success every game right now. I'm one of those who wants to win each week and I'm gutted each loss we have....I'm also one of those people who does his best to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Let me tell you all our picture looks pretty rosy. I think we ARE better than last year and will be better again next year.

These kids will take us a long way for the next 5 - 10 years. I know I'll be enjoying watching them mature and grow. As for wages.... it's like saying Mark Philipousis doesn't deserve his runners up check at wimbledon because he lost. They get paid what they are worth.

One more thing...if you want to bag the kids and have me take the bagging seriously please make reference to their job on the day given to them by MM and state how they were ineffective in doing their job.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
swooper 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:42 pm

Well said indeed Cam ....I agree with you 100%. Having said that, everybody on this BB has a right to an opinion. Everyone should feel that they can come in here and say what they really feel. Thats one of the great things about this BB. Sure, after a loss sometimes emotions spill, people need to vent their spleen blah blah blah. I am very much against bagging our own players, young or not, but people will always do it, every club has supporters like that (whether we like it or not). Sometimes people just dont think before writing and I think its just the anger, disappointment, frustration speaking. We all know everyone in here loves the Collingwood footy club.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:39 pm

Brilliant post Cam. Spot on. I have been saying the same thing about Walker but good to see you include the other great kids. Instant footballers do NOT give you instant flags. Otherwise the average age of any premiership team would be 19 or 20!
Give them a fair go, sow the seeds, feed & water them for a few years & THEN reap the great benefits.
kaz7 Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:08 pm

Good work Cam. We're all hurting after Saturday's loss but look at the depth of talent we've got. Our youngsters have done amazingly well this year and indeed in 3-4 years we will have a team of mature experienced players who will see us at the top of the ladder for some time. As for player payments, and we must remember most of these guys are professionals so footy doesnt allow them the freedom or time to work outside in most cases. Many of the guys have to set themselves up with their earnings. Even tho many of them go to uni and do courses etc I wonder how many make a successful career from this later on. This is their time in the sun. Good on 'em I say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: