Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Club Night 7/8/03

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:03 am
Post subject: Club Night 7/8/03Reply with quote

Well last night was the final club night for the year.

Good to see such a huge crowd there, even if our table ended up being sort of stuck over the impaired viewing side of the room.

The players that attended were
Taz, Wakes, Woey, Ben Kinnear, Glen Freeborn, Heath Scotland, Presti, Scott Cummings and finally Mark McGough.

There were a few funny moments during the night, one of which I am not really supposed to go into Very Happy but I will say it was the club night one liner of the year which stunned all those in attendance (Don't worry though it's not a footy related comment so no one retired or anything).

Mark McGough must have been learning from Scotty because he was coming out with some funny comments, although I think he needs to learn to quit while people are still laughing.

There was a decent turn up of people from Nicks, Marg Oz, Nat and Molloymagic were on my table and we had Tess within bread roll tossing distance.

It was mentioned last night that even when the club moves to Olympic Park Club Nights will still be held Very Happy
Joe 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on ya Mel and Nat,good to see you flying the flag.Is it mainly a girls only function.That is the impression I get.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:13 am

I missed it due to work, spewing as it was the last ever one to be at Vic Park.
MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:16 am

Thanks Joe, It's a pretty even crowd.
You get quite an interesting mix actually, there are as many men as there are women.

Some of the girls can get a bit rowdy, and some of the players get completely overwhelmed by how many people want things signed but all in all it's a great night. The menu could probably use a bit of an over haul (though there are only so many times you can be served sweet potato).

Gives you a different perspective on the players and shows you how passionate some supporters can be.
Joe 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:24 am

MagpieMel wrote:
Thanks Joe, It's a pretty even crowd.
You get quite an interesting mix actually, there are as many men as there are women.

Some of the girls can get a bit rowdy, and some of the players get completely overwhelmed by how many people want things signed but all in all it's a great night. The menu could probably use a bit of an over haul (though there are only so many times you can be served sweet potato).

Gives you a different perspective on the players and shows you how passionate some supporters can be.

Sounds like agreat night Mel.
Id like to see some of the boys live,you get to see the other side.
They should get that chicken parma on the menu,that is all the go.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:43 am

Joe (and others), If you're replying to the immediate previous post, please just refer to it.

There's no need to use up space with the full quote.

The quote facility is there so other readers don't have to go back to other pages for reference.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
RitchieColeRocks Leo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:54 pm

Quote:

Ha Ha, sounds about right. Wish I could have been there, that's basically a compelation of all many of my favorite players.
OH WELL
Can't wait till next year Smile

molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:25 pm

WOW!!!!!!!!! WHAT A FUN NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!.

Thankyou to Tessa for making me go over to meet Jarrod Molloy. I was so taken aback about how pleasant he is.

Thankyou Mel and Tessa for booking me a seat in the 1st place!!!!!!.

Thankyou Mel, for driving me back to where i was staying afterwards and also thanks for showing me where our new olympic park home will be.

Thankyou Marg,for taking the photo of me and Jarrod!!!!!!. Thanks for making me feel welcome at the table when i asked'does anyone know a mel on this table' Very Happy

It was great to meet u Nat.

Thankyou Shane Woewodin,for having a photo taken with me and also giving me a autograph.

and last but no means least, one huge THANKYOU has to go to JARROD MOLLOY!!!!!!!!!!!. Thanks for the photo,thanks for the 2 autographs,that i kept on going over for. Thanks for just being you Very Happy

Also thanks for staying behind and being the last player to finish training on friday Very Happy

It was a FANTASTIC night and here was i,who wasn;t 2 sure about what happens at these things!!!!!!.

I think thats all,the thankyous. It was a great night.

GO PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!.

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
swooper 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:21 pm

Damn I wish I couldve been there, I had to go to class. Please, please, pleeeeeeeessssse share with us, those unlucky enough to not be there what that great one liner is!!! Please?
Yes, Molloymagic, Jarrod was great at training on Friday, he is unbelivably sweet isnt he? All the time in the world - and boy is he good lookin'!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: