Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Attention "so called supporters"

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 2:12 pm
Post subject: Attention "so called supporters"Reply with quote

I wish to have my “two bobs worth” on whether supporters and members are entitled to bag the club after a loss. I’m a bit undecided what it actually achieves with one side of me thinking that it is constructive, and the other thinking that it is de-stabilizing.
It’s very easy to criticize after a loss like yesterday because it is warranted. Just because one person bags the club constantly doesn’t make her/he less of a supporter. I found it interesting that our own president said that Sam Newman constantly bags his club because he loves the club so much and wants them to succeed.
The reason why our club fall to the depths they did in the mid to late 90’s is that members and supporters didn’t question and voice their disapproval at the club’s poor performance.
What is needed is perspective of were we are at. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to work out that we have a young list that is prone to inconsistency. But I don’t subscribe to the theory that it is because of our youth that we will be unsuccessful. Malthouse was quoted as saying that it will be because of youth that we will be successful.
The youth line is wearing thin. I think that if we can’t see results such as finals in the next year it is time to really start questioning the football club.
And it rues me that certain supporters in here think just because people bag the club they aren’t allowed to be called true supporters. Joffa is fanatical supporter who is to be admired for this. But this doesn’t mean he can call someone less of supporter because they don’t accept performances like yesterday.

May the St Kevin's Old Boys Prevail.

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 3:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I'm not anti criticism but Millane42 saying that Molloy stinks doesnt help anyone. How does it help? it doesn't, it's just derogatory slander. The guy has only played 10 games for us, give him a go!!!!!!!!!!!! lets encourage him. Let's let the coaching staff give Molloy constructive criticism that will help his game. As members we don't to get for what players we draft. We vote for the board so if you don't like what's happening well theres your first step.

Fradam Wrote This
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 4:52 am

The key word, as you have both mentioned, is "constructive". Times like this call for constructive criticism, as opposed to destructive criticism. It is certainly not the time to degenerate into pointless nihilism just because we lost a match.

**floreat pica**

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 5:49 am

Anyone who thought Molloy didnt play a blinder wasnt watching the same game i was...he was our highest possesion winner. So to see that post after his best game for us was kinda ironic.

rash 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 6:22 am

Ironic or moronic?

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 7:30 am

I agree with Alf, none of us mind constructive critism.
Posts such as "Pathetic Pies to miss finals yet again"
and "Molloy stinks" could hardly be called that.
Julee

Millane42 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 9:55 am

Point taken. Alf Andrews, you have probably the most inciteful, realistic and level-headed comments on this board. I apologise to everyone who took offence to my so-called "rants", but for me it was a way of getting it off my chest. I was angry, hurt and feeling dejected. But I stand by what I said. I'm a big fan of Molloy, I was only suggesting he actually calm down, get the ball and kick more goals - it'll come but like everyone I want them to be winning every week and on top of the table. What I have done is spark some healthy debate, and the passion coming from all supporters is great. Good one, tell me where to go, because I want the collingwood club to be the best in the land again where they bloody belong! And I want to go to the MCG on grand final day and see us knock off carlton and essendon for the record of GF wins. I'm a bit of a pessimist, so when I wrote "we won't make the finals" I'm being realistic in the hope we will actually make the finals, and the tough run home. You can't tell someone to barrack for another club - as was suggested i go for richmond, because I was born into black and white, and i'll die in black and white - thanks very much.

So on monday - shout for the pies and think about kicking my head in - so you'll shout louder and bring the pies home on the march to the finals!!!!!

GO COLLINGWOOD!!!!!!!!

Dazza42 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 10:11 am

Yeah i can see were your coming from millane and it great that your a passionate fan but as alf said we should keep criticism constructive no matter how pissed of we are.

GO PIES

Millane42 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 10:15 am

I know, I know - i'm thinking of taking some anger management courses, as I put a small hole in the wall of my house when williams kicked the sealer.....

Dazza42 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 10:27 am

I might have to join you on that 1 , ive also knocked a few holes in the wall over the years.Its amazing what this footy club can do to a bloke.

GO PIES

Millane42 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 10:29 am

I also broke a toe, when I kicked the fence after collingwood lost by 1 point to st kilda in 1991, and after willo had the opportunity to win it! god i hate st kilda!!

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 10:48 am

LOL....great stuff and i actually chucked a portable television outa the living room window once..true story i was the upset at watching the game and a very very controversial umpiring decision
and you know what was funnier,at the time i was living on top of a shop it wasnt funny at the time but when i think back about it i allways gigle to myself....of course i have changed now.

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL must never NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'NUMBER 42 FOREVER ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Dazza42 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 11:17 am

ROTFLHAO....Good 1 joffa, i suppose the telly probably deserved it to hey.

GO PIES

Woodsman 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 11:53 am

I also believe that constructive critisism is the order of the day. The negative posts during the past couple of days are important for the team to hear. We understand that the team is young and therefore inconsistent, though they also need to understand that this type of lapse is not tolerated by the club nor the supporters. When they come to terms with this they will become a top 4 side.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 1:01 pm

You're forgiven, Millane42. I think we can all see that you're the real deal as a supporter.

And I'm sure anyone who was reading this Bulletin Board last year will remember the negative raves I used to get into after a loss. So don't worry. I can understand why you would react like you did.

I guess the problem is that we sometimes get so caught up in how bad we feel that we forget what sort of negative impact it has on other supporters and The Club as a whole. We really mustn't let The Club fall back into that old negative mentality. And I think we ALL have to take responsibility for that.

It's interesting how watching a game on TV can make it even worse. I wonder why that is. I always find that watching us lose on TV makes me a lot angrier than watching us lose in person. Maybe I get pissed off at having to listen to the commentators having orgasms over the opposition players or something. I dunno.

But when I'm sitting at home watching a game I really suffer. Perhaps it's because I feel so much more powerless over it all at home. At least, at the ground, I can do something defiant, like start up a chant or something. I think chanting is actually quite therapeutic because it gets a lot of the anger out of your system ... sort of.

I'm trying to think of some of my worst atrocities after losing. Throwing things at the TV is pretty typical behaviour for me. Or getting so worked up that my face goes red and I nearly give myself a heart attack or a stroke or something. (that's pretty scarey, when I really think about it)

On ANZAC Day I nearly got in a fight with an Essendon loud-mouth outside the ground. And I often resort to verbally abusing opposition supporters. But I usually only do it if they start bagging Collingwood. In fact, I must admit, when we lose a game I sometimes actually hope that an opposition supporter will bag us so that I'll have a good excuse to give them a spray.

**floreat pica**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: