Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Changes to VFL team alignments looming from 2012

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Melbourne enter the comp next year and make it 15 teams (thus keeping the insane number of byes)? Or will Casey go the way of the dodo and Melbourne replace them (leaving it at 14 teams and thus at least 1 less bye)?

Quote:
But it is believed Melbourne became concerned about the Scorpions' financial position and has explored the possibility of forming its own VFL team, which would be called the Casey Demons and adopt the Demons' red and blue strip.

Melbourne has a long-term relationship with the City of Casey to deliver "community programs" and will play a NAB Cup match at Casey Fields in March. The Scorpions hold a 50-year lease to the ground.

The Scorpions moved from Springvale to Casey Fields in 2006, planning to build a social club to maintain a regular revenue stream.

They secured the rights for 40 poker machines costing $1.2 million, but the development has stalled.

The club transferred the pokies licences earlier this year, incurring losses, but it has told VFL officials its debts are manageable and that money has been set aside to pay the players.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/failed-pokies-venture-leaves-melbourne-affiliate-casey-fighting-for-survival/story-e6frf9jf-1226512561376

Here's an idea, AFL: instead of wasting time and energy meddling with the rules of the game, or entertaining these ridiculous ideas like imposing a cap on football department spending, why don't you set aside a little bit of that lovely pile of TV rights money to help set each club up with a reserves team in a new national reserves competition?
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Casey have apparently been given the all clear to play in 2013.

Whether that means that Melbourne stay with them or go stand-alone themselves, remains to be seen...

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:14 pm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150918/default.aspx
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:49 am

St Kilda, the Johnny-come-latelys of the AFL, want their own side:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/watters-out-to-blood-young-players-rather-than-win-cup-20130216-2ek3u.html#ixzz2LFgv327s

But what might become of Sandringham? Well, they seem to think they can get by:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/localfooty/sandringham-zebras-have-cash-to-go-it-alone-in-vfl-gerry-ryan-says/story-fn53khk2-1226581064101

So, the Saints want in? Guess that means it's back to an uneven number of teams, which means back to an insane number of byes... Evil or Very Mad

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:46 pm

the tigers and bulldogs (afl version) will be having stand alone teams next year.

in this year their final year with the seagulls will see 10 afl listed players play each week (rotated and agreed on) all part of the seagulls process to field their own team as well. the dogs don't know yet if they will be called footscray or western in the vfl 2014.

hopefully the other teams in the afl start to break away from vfl teams and then we can have the reserves back again
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:04 pm

Fire Up wrote:
the tigers and bulldogs (afl version) will be having stand alone teams next year.

in this year their final year with the seagulls will see 10 afl listed players play each week (rotated and agreed on) all part of the seagulls process to field their own team as well. the dogs don't know yet if they will be called footscray or western in the vfl 2014.

hopefully the other teams in the afl start to break away from vfl teams and then we can have the reserves back again

Reserve Comp would be better for AFL Teams and VFL Teams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: