Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie in line to run Ch9

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:21 am
Post subject: Eddie in line to run Ch9Reply with quote

Eddie in line to run Nine

By ROBERT FIDGEON
28jun03

From the Herald Sun: Full Story Here

Quote:
EDDIE McGuire is in the running to become boss of Channel 9 Melbourne.

Nine executives in Sydney have been assessing McGuire's suitability to take on the managing director role while still hosting The Footy Show, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and footy commentating.

Thoughts?
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely if Eddie was offered the position he would take it, and best of luck to him if he did. Working in Television and having an opportunity to do something such as being a Managing Director of the network would have to take precedence over his presidency of the Club. I am sure if offered he would not be able to stay away from footy though and you woud still see him commentate and host the footy show...Millionaire, and the Club Presidency would probably go, but I would think that he would still maintain in put at the club by keeping a lesser profile position on the Board at Collingwood.

Whatever he does I wish him all the best. Isn't it great to see a boy from broadie, with a bit of initative and a whole heap of bloody hard work can achieve such great success...GOOD ON YA ED!

Cheers

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:47 am

I was kind of hoping eddie would eventually lead the insipid pathetic labor party out of the wilderness with a true vision for the working class and under priveledged in our society which have been long neglected by laurel and hardy oops sorry howard and costello...sorry i'll get off my matchbox

seriously though eddie is a leader, channel nine supremo, the president of Australia, Labor prime minister i reckon ed could part the red sea if he wanted to, best of luck ed if your in the running mate.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:44 pm

Hopefully if he gets the hjob it won't affect him being President of the Collingwood Football Club. I actually like Joffa's idea, let him lead the Labor Party, they need a good leader. Least then our country could be called "Collingwood" Wink (Not serious about the Collingwood bit Razz )

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:56 pm

that'd be great havin Eddie as PM but i some how dont think australia would like that...well the non collingwood australians
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:22 pm

Id definately take an interest in politics if Eddie was PM. Very Happy

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: