Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

At the end of the day....well read this post ok

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Vicki Park Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When you follow another team its only half the experience.It can be described as the difference between light beer and full strength beer.

Laughing Well magpie joe i am so impressed with your line i love it, so well said i agree with your post sorry bansky he is so so right

Banksy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:01 am

magpie Joe as a Collingwood supporter i totally agree with you...but i will be biased while doing so.
What i said was..let's be more unbiased and look at it in perspective at why it's better to be a Collingwood supporter and in reality i couldn't see the difference between us and opposition supporters in the loyalty all supporters show their respective clubs.
The only difference i could see was ...there's more of us and we tend to brag about our club alot more than other supporters.
That's one of the reasons you either love or hate the Pies ....and that's why everyone loves to beat us.
Opposition teams of the past hated us because of our success....where as i feel now opposition clubs and supporters hate us because we're living in our past glories and are too stubborn to aknowledge we're not as good as we once were.
As a passionate Collingwood supporter all i want is to be able to brag and be arrogant about my team and have success to back me up...at the moment we don't have it.
In all my years of following the Pies i've hated all the bullshit jokes about our club...and if you're passionate you would have too....if you haven't you're kidding yourself about your alliance to Collingwood.
AnthonyC to answer your question...i was born a Collingwood supporter 36 years ago....i went to my first Grand Final as a three year old.
I have been to the G to see the Pies play in 8 Grand Finals.
Seen them lose 6 ..draw 1...and win 1.The draw being the 77 replay against North.
magpie Joe you follow the Pies the way you see fit...think positive like you say...you're entitled to be a supporter any which way you like.
Where as with me....i'll stick to the persemistic way as i've had my fair share of dissapointment in my time as a Pies supporter.
But i'll gladly change my ways with a bit more success.

GO PIES
Trippy Pie Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:05 am

We all know that when ever a team plays Collingwood, they lift their game.
Why is is it so?
The answer, total penis envy.
We are a club that rose from the cess pit of melbourne in 19th century. Very quickly a club that was suppose to make up the numbers became a very powerful force to be feared and ever since we have been the target of every little piss ant who did not see the light.

Remember there are two types of supporters.
Those that are Collingwood supporters and those that wish they did.

40,451 people can not be wrong.
p.s, Sheedy you lost the bet, we got there first pay up ya welcher.
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:08 am

Well all you guys are very lucky.
The only vision I have seen of the game is Lonie getting thumped and Licuria getting kneed by some ANIMAL!!!!!!
In Adelaide we had no free to air tv coverage...no radio coverage....very very few score updates....and I was out with my baby son for his 21st birthday [ god I feel so old!] ,so I couldn't even get to the computer to get Nicks scoreboard!

But as for the footy, my dear mum used to say when I was little...."We are Collingwood supporters..so we have to have broad shoulders to cop with all the trash we get dished up from everyone else..even thoses that don't even like football"

When it comes down to it..losing hurts like hell!!
But I would still much rather be a proud Collingwood supporter, than even think about cheering for another team! I just couldn't do it.

Go PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:15 am

that was a great post banksy!!!
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:20 pm

We love collingwood because we are collingwood!!!

Our love isnt based on premierships won or our position on the ladder we dont unload truck loads of chicken shit at the club after a loss why ? because we love the bloody joint.

In our dark years not so long ago we still ranked high in membersips and attendance figures why?
Because we are collingwood.

We dont have much onfield success one premiership since 58 but does that stop us..no it doesnt and so it bloody shouldnt.

Loyality is the greatest thing in football you cant buy it, you wont find it at some two bob garage sale, its not some free give away in a weekly magazine...collingwood is loyality and loyality comes with being collingwood, we support the greatest club in the world my loyaity wouldnt change if we were 10 times runners up wooden spooners.

The number of premierships won should never be the deciding factor in how much we are to love this club and how loyal we should be.

Im happy and proud to be associated with collingwood no matter what and our loyality and faith and love should never be accused for the reasons we dont win premierships year after year after year.
To do so smacks us all in the face.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:12 pm

oh boi did i cop it, i really wanted to knock them 2 dawks out, but i held myself back and i was also given shit by carlton fans at least essendon fans stuck up for me only coz they lost too lol, in the end i dont care coz i know we will be in the finals. PLus they all rekon now there coach in the league lol year right
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: