Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Players that will be gone...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

bloody hell budge McGough is 18 FFS get off his case and let him develop.
Kinky(36)Kate 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:51 pm

I still find it difficult to come to terms with 'the modern game', where players are delisted, traded or leave for whatever reasons. I hate seeing any player leave the club but that's the way it is these days. They don't fit the 'game plan' or are 'tradable' (is that a word? lol) The committee can have that job all to themselves! That list does give food for thought though 'Bucks', think I'll just go ponder that ...... hmmmmm........???? BTW, thanks for this forum, it's good to see other PIES supporters opinions and thoughts Smile
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:22 am

these players mentioned in this thread have 10 weeks to prove there worth maybe the next 4 games only as this could determine were we will finish.
BUCKS 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:17 am

I also forgot Ben Kinnear. He is another that should be traded.
Cotta 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:16 pm

I can't believe this widespread disregard for Ben Johnson amongst collingwood supporters. He is one of the premier small defenders in the league and the only one on collingwood's list. My bet would be he's chosen in the first 10 players every week at selection because we have no-one else to play on small forwards. We need him to play on Ph Matera, Milne, Burgoyne, Medhurst, N davis and the likes, because no one else can. Shaw has become very good at attacking out of defence but still needs to work closely on his defensive game. Go and watch him play against these players and you will relise that they rarely do well against him. He looks like a bit of a spaz when he kicks the ball but the results are usually pretty good. I doubt we would have won some games without him last year.
And as for McGough, regardless of what some think, he is well and truly the future. Once again he didn't get a go on Sunday. I couldn't belive that it didn't occur to mick in the second quarter, that gee its pissing with rain, our onballers are getting slaughtered, and the hawks are winning every clearence, lets get him on the ground. Look at Sam Mitchell, he's slow as a wet week, yet killed us by standing under the bounce and grabbing and kicking it their way. The same thing McGough does when he gets on the ground.
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:24 pm

You've gotta be kidding, Cotta. Ben Johnson regularly has 3 goals kicked on him. Teams leave BJ free to get the first kick deep in defence because they know he'll turn it over more often than not. He's too quick for his mind - he often runs fast but leaves the ball behind - it's as if he's got butter all over his body. He wears blinkers like Patterson used to have. Sorry Benny, but you're not a defender. He started his career as an onballer and looked like that was going to be his position in MM's first game (vs West Coast in pre-season comp). BJ did well, but MM has tried to turn him into a defender when Lockyer began to prove his worth up the ground.

I agree Cam. I've been saying it every week for a year - Leon Davis, learn how to crumb: FRONT & BLOODY CENTRE! Not from behind the marking contest, we want you at their feet (and so should MM). Even in juniors and amateurs that's all we learn't and I kicked bags playing that role. You too, Didak. Betheras was the only player who knew what front and centre meant - he regularly kicked hauls of 2 and 3 when he went forward adhering to this philosophy. Now he's not even in the team.
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:31 pm

People, take off your Collingwood hat and be honest with yourselves. Brisbane and Port are quality teams - their players are skilful, mean, and extremely talented. How many of these types of players do we really have? How many of our players would slot into these teams. Do you see the gap. Many of these players mentioned in this post won't win us a premiership. Furthermore, they are older and more experienced. We are too young to be a real threat just yet - youth is inconsistent (and 1993 was one out of the bag, OK). Experience brings consistency. However, WC are trying their hardest to refute this claim.
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:48 pm

dont get rid of rupe, when he's in our team we play good football.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: