Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Umpire Mclaren you're a dickhead !!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpie Jarryd Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

To me it isn't just Mclaren it is all the umpires they screw us over like it is the best time of there life, if they cut the crap then we might have won 3 or more games than we already have!

GO THE MIGHTY PIES!

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:36 am

CQ not even the captain can say anything to them anymore, its the old "if no one can say anything, nothing is wrong with the system" line from the AFL, talk about having your head in the sand!

McLaren is the worst umpire I have ever seen, and I'm not just talking about Collingwood games here either so you can put away the "whinging about the ump after a loss" comments. there hasn't been a game of footy I have watched, that he umpires in, that he hasn't had a biased opinion about who should win. it doesn't matter who's playing, watch him and you'll see.
He's not an umpire (and I don't hate umps) he's a maggot!

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:48 am

Giving or not giving free kicks will always be a contentious issue when it comes to appraising umpires but there's one area that needs adressing.

Reporting.

There seems absolutely no reason, these days, for an umpire to stop play and go through the reporting process. If the umpire could send a player off, and I'm not advocating this, it would have some validity.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't every game viewed through the week for exactly this reason ?

Pay the free kick and get on with the game.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:54 am

So how on earth did two Hawthorn players get reported and yet on the day not one single umpire gave us a free kick for either incident? Now, I know the umps have a tough job but how did they all miss such blatant incidents (when at least 30,000 spectators clearly saw them)??? It's a joke!

GO PIES!
Marg
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:57 am

It is quite evident this year that the umpires are letting things go far more than in previous times. On one hand this is desired as we don't have stop-start football the micro-second someone holds onto the ball. However the really disturbing trend is that free kicks are not being payed for obvious infringements that are actually harming the game.

For goodness sake if a backman is holding onto a forward pay it, I don't care if it's for or against us, I want to see goals kicked not a game of kick to kick between defenses. There is nothing like the sight of a forward being allowed to play unhindered and carving up a defense. Gary Ablett (note capitals) was just enjoyment to watch because not many dared hold onto him for risk of personal harm.

If a player is infringed against pay the free. I think that if the free is payed more often then we will achieve a more free flowing game. Tag as you will but be fair, and if a tagger knows that he'll give away frees he'll think twice before holding.

d9 tank 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:20 pm

However we must remember that in the long run it is this type of attitude that makes umpiring in the future worse.

They are already struggling so badly to get new umpies, and from the abuse they get who can blame kids for not wanting to get into the field.

However this leads to a much smaller pool to choose from in the big ones and as you would expect more and more of them have no idea.

I don't think there are any immediate solutions, umps will always cop it, just something we ahould all keep in the back of our minds.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:23 pm

One other thing while I'm bitching about the umps.

Why is it that a player can have about 2 nano-seconds prior opportunity and get pinged for holding, and yet some can get tackled hold onto the ball and do a 360 or more looking for someone to give it off to and not?

Okay I'll stop now.

Ian Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:02 pm

Seems to me that they dont pay Holding the ball enough these days - case in point Coll v Adel - 1 for 4 quarters.Should be a certain time to get rid of it if the player is grabbed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: