Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie and Trevor

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ytry4 

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2001 11:06 am
Post subject: Eddie and TrevorReply with quote

How come Eddie never used to give it to that idiot at the start of the season, up until we lost to the Kangaroos? What does he think he is, bagging Collingwood week after week? I mean, how bad were they doing at the start of the season, and Eddie doesnt give it to trevor? Remember that tally of Collingwood losses the other year? Well, why doesnt Eddie do the same to Trev? They are still near the bottom of the ladder, you know!

Go PIES 2001

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2001 1:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie can't say much anymore because he's hampered as Collingwood President, (which is why he should abdicate the position to me).

Imagine if Eddie said, "The Kangaroos are the biggest bunch of softcocks to ever play the game, so shut your gob, Trev."

Whenever the Roos met Collingwood, Pagan would have the footage of whatever Eddie said playing over and over for motivation.

Ever since he's become Collingwood President he's been really careful of what he's said - even when he's speaking as a Reporter and not the President.

That being said, if it were me I'd take a bat to Trevor Marmalade.

Then again, I'm not a very good loser and never have been.

Sly.
[i]MTA.[/i
The Collingwood Rant.
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 5:55 pm

What absolute bollocks, Sly.

Eddie's presidency is one of the best things that's ever happened to Collingwood.

Who gives a rat's arse what sort of motivation coaches like to use on their players. Everyone knows that sort of crap doesn't work any more. As if anything that gets said on a silly TV comedy show is going to motivate players!

Christ. I'm glad you're not our coach if that's your idea of "motivation".

If there's any conflict between Eddie being a presenter on the Footy Show and being our President, I'd rather he quit the Footy Show. I'm sure he'd make enough money just doing "Who Wants to be a Millionaire". But then I suppose he'd have to be careful not to ask any Collingwood-related questions

Really. People worry too much about that sort of stuff. Just because a guy has a job doesn't mean he can't be President of a Football Club. Conflict of interest my arse. What a load of legalistic frog shit.

The thing that makes Eddie a great President is the same thing that makes him a great TV presenter. He understands people. He can relate to them. And they can relate to him. Because he's one of them. He's not stuck-up or pretentious in any way.

He's OUR President.

And we love him.

**floreat pica**

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 5:54 am

Whoa, Double A, don't be so defensive.

First, I wasn't criticizing Eddie.

Second, if you don't think anything which is said (anywhere) isn't used by Coaches then you're deluding yourself. You have Sheedy pulling things off the Net to spur up the players. He even used that stupid McDonald's commercial with Mick Martyn and the calendar some years ago.

Third, Eddie's clearly been more watchful of what he's been saying. He was accused of using information privy to him as President about Nick Daffy last year when he was speaking as a reporter. There have been other instances; now he seems to have taken that debate away by really being careful of what he says.

Lastly, don't make personal judgements about me, dude, (in your comment about were I Coach). You don't know me, you know nothing about me, so don't judge me by a few sentences just because you disagree with them.

S.
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 8:46 am

Now who's getting defensive?

You seem to have taken my throw-away line about being glad you're not our coach to heart.

Does this mean mean that you are harbouring some sort of ambition to coach Collingwood?

Hmm? This is interesting. A coup is in the wings. But tread carefully, mate. Make sure you've got the numbers before you make your move.

Does Eddie know about this ... or are you planning to replace the President first?

**floreat pica**

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 10:05 am

Nope; you got defensive. I can only answer what's written there. I can't answer the tone.

Everybody knows my intentions for the next Presidency.

If I have any Coaching-aspirations, though, they're for Fremantle.

Sly.
MTA.
The Collingwood Rant.

[This message has been edited by Sly (edited 21 May 2001).]
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 11:31 am

Come on guys...settle down!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Unwitten Law]-[RATM]- [Rammstein]-[One Dollar Short]-[Linkin Park]-
[(HED)P.E.]-[Frenzal]-[28Days]-[Millencolin]-[Limp]-[Pennywise]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 21 May 2001).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: