Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 21 - Collingwood vs Casey at Victoria Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:44 pm
Post subject: ToughReply with quote

Very tough conditions for the three guys hoping to get back in. Windy all day, bloody cold and surface was very wet and muddy at both tends. Shame that we couldn't have had a dry day for our guys get more touch back. But as I suspected Johno looks ready and Krak had his best game back. Krak improved as the game went on and performed plenty of phone box type miracles in the wet. I was pleased with those two guys. Thomas was good, regaining his confidence and Buckley and Young played good games. Rounds was lively and Caff ok. On the surface I see no reason Johno and Krak can't have a shot at finals. Johno this week and Krak the week after.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Would they take Jonno to WA? Subi, travel, not ideal. I reckon the old boy will come back following week.

Krak may go to see his family as an emergency / possible last minute change / sub

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:05 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
How did Kohno, Krak and McCaff go?

From the stats Johno and Krak look like they did OK.

Johnson was BoG for mine. "Vintage Johnson" was the term used to describe his efforts on the LiveChat. Already I've heard more than just a few Collingwood supporters online saying "stick BJ in a taxi to Etihad now!" Laughing

Not to worry, he'll be back next week, count on it.

Krak got better as the game went on. Was worried that the slippery conditions might be dangerous to his knee, but a slippery deck is perfect for an even more slippery player in our Andy. Woud give him a half next week against Werribee, then unleash him on the hapless Bombers in the final round, before a mad dash through September.

Caff, I think, is not going to get back for September. Had 15 or so touches, but apparently he came into the game in "flashes", rather than building into it. Play him next week against Werribee as a reward for hard work, then put him on ice and get him right for 2013.

think better 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:29 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:

Johnson was BoG for mine. "Vintage Johnson" was the term used to describe his efforts on the LiveChat. Already I've heard more than just a few Collingwood supporters online saying "stick BJ in a taxi to Etihad now!" Laughing

Krak got better as the game went on. Was worried that the slippery conditions might be dangerous to his knee, but a slippery deck is perfect for an even more slippery player in our Andy. Woud give him a half next week against Werribee, then unleash him on the hapless Bombers in the final round, before a mad dash through September.

Caff, I think, is not going to get back for September. Had 15 or so touches, but apparently he came into the game in "flashes", rather than building into it. Play him next week against Werribee as a reward for hard work, then put him on ice and get him right for 2013.

thanks for this I was wondering how Caff compared to Krak. I reckon Krak is worth the risk for a WA call up for next week - imagine how pumped he would be in front of his 'home' crowd - especially if Thomas doesn't come good.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:47 pm

think better wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:

thanks for this I was wondering how Caff compared to Krak. I reckon Krak is worth the risk for a WA call up for next week - imagine how pumped he would be in front of his 'home' crowd - especially if Thomas doesn't come good.

Totally agree. Bring Krak to WA, see his family and celebrate a great comeback.

BrodieisTops 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:47 am

Big T wrote:
think better wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:

Totally agree. Bring Krak to WA, see his family and celebrate a great comeback.

Yep love to see Krak back next week and Johnno week after.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:15 am

Johnno will return next week as he predicted all along. Give Krak one more run in the reserves and then he'll return against Essendon in Round 23.

I've loved Caff's effort and determination to return, but his form in the VFL has been up and down and I can't see him playing this year unfortunately. However he deserves another chance and if he has a great pre-season, I'm expecting big things from him in 2013. It's sucked not seeing him blossom since 2010.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:27 am

^ I think after tonight, we might see both Krak and BJ back for the Eagles. Elliott is out of petrol, Sinclair is struggling, plus we badly need BJ in the backline again ASAP.

Caff, well, it was a wonderful dream, but play him next week in the VFL as a reward for his hard work. Then get him up on the ice blocks and prepare for 2013, where the absence of Cloke will see him get greater opportunities and responsibility up forward.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:03 am

BJ is a must after losing to North, unfortunately.

Also agree, Krak is now a must as well. Our youngens are tiring, which is totally expected and acceptabile.

When is the SACK ATTACK due back?

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:40 am

OK 1st question. why did we play 4 rucks knowing that it has been raining all week and the ground would be soaked.

2nd question. why did we kick short when we had the wind going our way in 2nd and 4th qtrs.

the players have no idea what to do on the ground. i was sitting at the interchange bench for 3rd and 4th qtrs. players would come on and off. a player (cribbin) wouldnt want to go on as he didnt want to play in the postion where a player came off.

krak,caff, jono played well reckon at least 1 will come back next week. by rd 23 all 3 would be in the seniors
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Anthony Rocca's comments

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/145385/default.aspx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: