Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Maybe bagging is the answer!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

blackmissionary wrote:
1. Players come and go, are remembered and forgotten, stay with a club for their whole careers or go to three or four clubs, but the fans are the ones that have to live constantly with the image, standing etc. of the club.

Tell that to Peter Daicos and see what he says. Is he a player or a fan? Ask matty richardson (tiges) whether he has to constantly live with a dummy spitters image. Ask bux how he feels after a loss. I got my money saying he feels equally as upset as we are. I cried after the GF last year but nothing like Lika. Yeah, they are professional and they get paid big money....yeah, yeah, i'm sure that's what lika was thinking after last years GF - "it's ok, i'll fake some tears because I'm professional and I get paid good money and it doesn't matter anyway because its the fans who 'have to live constantly with the image'." It's just my opinion but it sounded ludicrous to me.

If you think they don't bleed like the rest of us you are wrong. They feel with us after each win and loss and they carry the image of the club with us. The standing of the club means as much to them as it does to us. As far as I'm concerned they are all part of the family and the family sticks together on ups and downs.

MM is always talking about getting people with the right character to the club. This is exactly what I think he's talking about - getting players who will feel the emotions lika did, loving collingwood as much as the fans do.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:20 pm

Cool
Blanch , If your oxygen is Collingwood and you would die without it, how can you possibly bring yourself to bag the ones you say you love so much????I say to all the baggers out there,get off your fat arses and show us all how it's done. It seems a pretty easy game by some of the accounts that are given here.
I totally agree with Magpiemad, this is not the place to bag our own.So put up and get out on the track and show us exactly how its done!!

blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:55 pm

I didn't mean to say players don't feel, but here's the thing: Most players don't get to play for the club they barracked for. Easy example, Dermott Brereton was a Collingwood supporter in his youth. Now, even though he also played for Sydney and Collingwood, he's now one of the Hawks favourite sons, and his loyalties are utterly with them. Another one is Glenn Manton, who played first for his club of childhood adoration, and then got sacked by them.

Players play for themselves and each other. Club (franchise in the modern game) comes second. Criticism should be constructive, not like Millane_42's comments from a few weeks back giving the season away already.
Magpie Russ Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:30 am

Good call on Cole CQ. He did get dropped... but Johnno turns it over just as much if not more. I can at least see Cole improving his kicking. Johnno... not sure.
If Keneally (from Ireland to the Swans) can learn to kick a footy in 3 years why can't some players. Hmmmm...

Rarely bag players... not in front of opposition supporters anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: