Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

University assignment on 1990

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macedonianmarvel 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 11:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

damn annoying losing to port. They are fast becoming our number one nemesis. Anyway, thanks heaps to all of you who have responded to the questions on 1990, your responses will be a huge help. If there is anyone else out there with a take on 1990, which I am sure there would be, i would love to hear from you.
macedonianmarvel 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 11:45 pm

damn annoying losing to port. They are fast becoming our number one nemesis. Anyway, thanks heaps to all of you who have responded to the questions on 1990, your responses will be a huge help. If there is anyone else out there with a take on 1990, which I am sure there would be, i would love to hear from you.
Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:41 pm

hi ya mate here are my answers I hope this helps with ya Assignment

How important was the win

Well to me it was important to burry what they called the colliwobbles. Being brought up in a mad Collingwood family I was taught about all the Granny Loses in win over the years. So it was good to win the Big one in 1990 coz I dont think we could have managed another broken hearts ( I mean another Loss)

the Moment that sticks in my mind the most

This has to be at half time sitting between my parents at the g knowing about all our G/F loses and asking my parents if we're going to win! lol

I remember the final siren when Pants threw the ball up into the air and Gavin Brown getting knocked out oh and Dougy Barwick throwing his arms in the air after his goel

How long did the clelbratiuons lasted for

Well Since I was only 9 years old I didnt go back to the club that night but my brother did as he was 18, My bro brought something of Essendon and he burnt it and he remembers there was huge cheers as it went up in flames. Mum and dasd took me down the next day where it was still going off. I remember the huge crowd and we sat in out than seats in the sherrin Stand (behind the C/S) watching everything that was going on on the stage

any other info

Suzie now age 22 than 9. Wheelers Hill, my 1st game I cant remember i was too young well it would have been at Vic Park back in 81 or 82
fav player in 1990 was B.Taylor
willy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:24 pm
Post subject: 1990!! What a great year!!!Reply with quote

How important was the 1990 premiership to Collingwood at the time?

Put it this way,it lifted the monkey off Collingwood and it's supporters backs. I even lost my chip that I had on my shoulder.

What is the moment that most sticks in your mind from the game?

The looks on all the faces of all the Collingwood supporters , half way through the last quarter. They couldn't believe it was happening! Our mind set up until then was " we always lose"

How long did you party for afterwards?

My brother and I lapped it up. We went to Vic Park that night and then Sunday. We didn't have a drink because we wanted to remember everything.It's pretty hard to take when you lose every single time......and then all of a sudden, Wow! We actually won a premiership!!

Do you think the unparalleled jubilation that followed the win played a part Collingwood’s fall from grace over the next decade? Was there more to it?

The newspapers said that Collingwood would dominate the decade. Don't believe what you read! There was no hunger and I think the playing group at the time,thought they had done their job. Believe me,I'm not complaning. But they were definately in their comfort zones.

Also if you could detail some brief details about yourself. ie. first name, age etc.

Yeah , my name is Will, I'm now a very old man of 42. I've been to the 1980, 1990 & 2002 grand finals.

macedonianmarvel 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:52 am

thanks again for all the responses, there is still time for more if anyone has any. I will post a copy of my assignment when it is done for anyone who wants to see it.
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:27 pm

How important was the 1990 premiership to Collingwood at the time?

I think at the time it was very important, 32 year drought and many runner ups, The colliwobbles needed to die eventually

What is the moment that most sticks in your mind from the game?

Mick McGuane kicks the ball to Darren Millane inside essondons 50, The commentater says: Darren Millane marks with a broken thumb, he will feel no pain tonight, this will probably be the last kick of the day. The siren sounds before he even gets a chance to kick it, he throws the ball into the air, it sends shivers down my spine and tears to my eyes evey time, Millane is sadly missed.

How long did you party for afterwards?
after the game we went to vic park, i was not even 3 at the time so i only vaugly remember, probably until i was put to bed!

Do you think the unparalleled jubilation that followed the win played a part Collingwood’s fall from grace over the next decade? Was there more to it? I think it was maybe a bit of a premiership hangover, and the death of Millane also, then players got older and wernt retiring or finishing and just got too old.

Also if you could detail some brief details about yourself. ie. first name, age etc. My names Bec and i'm 15 years old

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: