Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Capuano Sacked

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
natkingcole 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:59 pm
Post subject: CapuanoReply with quote

What I don't understand is how we knock StKilda for in my opinion doing the one correct thing in their recent pathetic history of their club. I love MM as our coach but in this instance he is wrong in commenting. MM should understand that the Collingwood FC is bigger than any individual, including even the coach. What StKilda FC does is their business. MM should be concentrating on beating Port Adelaide on Friday. We have enough problems to contend with on Friday without the focus being drawn away from the game. Again, and this is my opinion only, and you can knock me all you like, the two worse ruckmen in the league after Capuano are McKee and Richards. Until we rectify our ruck deficiencies IMHO we will never win another premiership. And burying our heads in the sand and pretending that ruckmen are'nt important in the modern game and that centre clearances all come from the midfield is pretty stupid. You only have to watch the centre tap work that Clark does for Adelaide to realize the folly of this thinking.
PS. I'm not having a go at the work McKee does around the ground, only in his capacity as our no.1 ruckman.
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What does Collingwood FC have to do with Mick's comments? He was commenting as himself, one of the most experienced coaches in the AFL not as the coach of Collingwood. He has every right to comment. And what makes you think he's not 'concentrating on beating Port Adelaide on Friday'? Are you accusing him of not doing his job? Does his having an opinion on St. Kilda's shocking treatment of Capuano mean that he can't concentrate on his job? Of course not.

Quote:
burying our heads in the sand and pretending that ruckmen are'nt important

Who's burying their heads in the sand? We have had years to rectify the alleged shortcomings in our ruck and it hasn't been done. That's not head burying, that's a conscious decision. We have beaten Adelaide and their fantastic ruckman with our two "worse (sic) ruckmen in the league" Why is that? It's because we haven't spent our salary cap on a player who spends a minimal amount of time exercising his speciality at the expense of players whose skills are better suited to our faster flowing game. The balance of the team that beats Adelaide and plays in premierships would be ruined if our midfield was sacrificed for our ruck. It's a fine balance and one that our football management team have got right.

Quote:
Until we rectify our ruck deficiencies IMHO we will never win another premiership

I suppose that's why we managed to play in a premiership last year and Adelaide didn't.

The trouble with your post is that it has nothing at all to do with reality.

Your post style is very familiar natkingcole. There has only ever been one other poster on this BB with that mastery of the hackneyed truism.
chalky 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:08 pm

Thanks Mike,I was just about to post again to NKC in regards to the riddle of the ruck when you posted the points I wished to make far more eloquently. The aim of all my "ruck" posts (you've been doing it longer it would seem) was never to make them listen but rather to open up to other points of view, other possibilities and perhaps a new understanding of MM's game plan for 2003. In this way we might cut some players a bit of slack esp Fraser and McKee who cop a fair bit when we lose, which I think is totally unfair.
NKC, McKee/Fraser have specific roles - compete at the jump and hurt them hard around the ground. Very few current ruckmen are able to combine both to completely dominate a game. IMO Darcy is the closest I've seen and only in a number of games 2002.
Who was the last ruckman to win a Brownlow?
cat 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:21 pm

The rumor is he was sacked because he wasn't concertrating on footy and thomas said that wasn't good enough. the reason he's mind wasn't on the job is because him and hes partner are having problems( i think health) he was advised to retire. Imagine if collingwood had done this to davis when he was going through problems. Thomas wouldn't no how to coach an under 12 football team. Read today's hearld sun what a loser.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:32 pm

If that is the case St. kilda should be ashamed of themselves for not supporting a player. Collingwood supported Leon Davis when he wasn't performing well and was having problems at home. Just think if the Australian cricket team did that with Glenn Mcgrath. Although he wasn't playing badly but he has some personal issues which lead him to miss games.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 12:28 am

I saw Mick Malthouse on the news tonight and he couldn't believe that a player could be treated like that and not supported during times when there may be personal problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: