Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 6 - Collingwood vs Sandringham at Victoria Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

dids was ok. i reckon was being held back for next game in afl. his 1st goal was typical didak. 1 step 45 metre goal on angle.

paine got a massive spray from tarks before half time on the interchange bench. he then came out and played the last half fantastic mainly that last qtr.

once again 2nd qtr let us down.

yagmoor takes kick in from full back and turns the ball over a few times. kicked no longer then 40 metres. but was having a shot 55 out and went for it (point) he has a long kick why does he go short.

witts and wood rucked well all day. (good to see tarks stick with these 2 rucks all day)

ceglar was ok, nothing special

shae, umm where to begin. does the opposite to what he has to do. 1 instance went for a pack mark (could of marked it) but decides to punch it out of bounds Confused and we had a player on. another instance kicks the ball to a sandy player off the ground

m. williams another good game. i think he is promoted onto the senior list

elliott. what a gun! took a good mark and looks good for afl footy this year. he goes in hard for the ball and has a good kick

tarks gave the team a massive spray at half time in the change rooms. in the 3rd qtr it looked like a different team out there.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:52 am

Paine's marking in the last half was sensational. Much like Trav. Very exciting prospect.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:32 am

Paine, Elliott & Witts have massive potential. All 3 will play many games in the AFL.
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:53 am

scoobydoo wrote:
Does Ceglar play in the ruck? If so any hitouts?
If not where does he mainly play??

Thanx Magpiebat

ceglar didnt play ruck. he was just mainly as a forward. took a good pack mark.
roar 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:03 pm

Paine's marking in that last half had me salivating. And I agree with others regarding Witts and Elliot. Thought Mooney went alright for a newbie, too.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:29 pm

scoobydoo wrote:

Thanx Magpiebat

My pleasure, as always.

Was at the game yesterday with dad, my uncle and his son. Just before the third quarter started, I turned to them and jokingly said "does anyone want to put money on a miraculous comeback?" Little did I know... Shocked

My laptop battery went all day, but died about 10 mins into the last quarter, which is why I was posting in "text message" for the last quarter, and why I couldn't post at the finish. Sorry about that. Embarassed

Paine is shaping up as yet another Derek Hine gem. His marking in the 2nd half is the stuff of true power forwards, yet he looks smaller that his 191cms would suggest. If Dawes continues to put in shockers, I wouldn't have a heart attack if we dropped him and put Paine in his place.

Elliott had, perhaps understandably, a bit of a correction after last week's fantastic efforts, but was servicable nonetheless.

Witts had his best game in the black and white, for mine. Dragging down contested marks, getting hitouts in the ruck, kicking goals. Good to see after starting the season in ordinary form.

Young is delistment material for mine. Keeps making the same bloody mistakes over and over again. Had high hopes for him, and maybe he can turn it around, but right now he looks to have the learning ability of a pidgeon.

Wood... well, Wood was Wood. What more can you say?

Marley was alright. Went quiet at times. Needs to string four quarters together if he is to be a shot at elevation this season.

Heartbroken at the result, but so proud of the boys to fight back the way they did and almost snatch it. But we used up our petrol tickets to pull it back and had nothing left in the tank when the final quarter was in the balance. We kicked 8.7 in the third quarter. Had we kicked a bit straighter, we might just have had enough of a lead to hold on...

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:39 pm

Dids apparently rolled his ankle early in the game and was used sparingly after that. Just hope it hasn't further delayed his return to the seniors.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:06 am

MagpieBat wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:

Thanx Magpiebat

My pleasure, as always.

Was at the game yesterday with dad, my uncle and his son. Just before the third quarter started, I turned to them and jokingly said "does anyone want to put money on a miraculous comeback?" Little did I know... Shocked

My laptop battery went all day, but died about 10 mins into the last quarter, which is why I was posting in "text message" for the last quarter, and why I couldn't post at the finish. Sorry about that. Embarassed

Paine is shaping up as yet another Derek Hine gem. His marking in the 2nd half is the stuff of true power forwards, yet he looks smaller that his 191cms would suggest. If Dawes continues to put in shockers, I wouldn't have a heart attack if we dropped him and put Paine in his place.

Elliott had, perhaps understandably, a bit of a correction after last week's fantastic efforts, but was servicable nonetheless.

Witts had his best game in the black and white, for mine. Dragging down contested marks, getting hitouts in the ruck, kicking goals. Good to see after starting the season in ordinary form.

Young is delistment material for mine. Keeps making the same bloody mistakes over and over again. Had high hopes for him, and maybe he can turn it around, but right now he looks to have the learning ability of a pidgeon.

Wood... well, Wood was Wood. What more can you say?

Marley was alright. Went quiet at times. Needs to string four quarters together if he is to be a shot at elevation this season.

Heartbroken at the result, but so proud of the boys to fight back the way they did and almost snatch it. But we used up our petrol tickets to pull it back and had nothing left in the tank when the final quarter was in the balance. We kicked 8.7 in the third quarter. Had we kicked a bit straighter, we might just have had enough of a lead to hold on...

You saved me a lot of typing Wink

Agree all round, including being shattered at the result. 8.7 to 0.1 in the third was amazing. But like always it could so easily have been 11.4. We missed some sitters and then you include in the last quater Jono Ceglar's unforgivable poster and even Jackson missed an easy shot.

The signs were all good after half time though.

On Dids Rudeboy, now that you say that it explains alot. But I am very dissappointed that after the whole Luke Ball thing that Alan spent so much time in the forward line the rest of the game.

I think our VFL boys were terrific too.

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:14 am

yea dids injured his ankle going for a mark his 2nd goal. he didnt look right from then on. he had to dive for the ball
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:24 am

Dissapointed to hear that Dids injured his ankle. Guess we better not risk him this week against the Dogs. Will give Ugle a chance to play for his spot, though.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:02 am

Witts
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:08 am

neil wrote:
I suggest we ban Culprit from going to the VFL

or watching it on tv given what happened in the last.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:16 am

swoop42 wrote:
He might not have racked up big numbers today but Elliott showed in different pieces of play why he has the goods to make it at the next level IMO.

Just looked a class above.

Only knock I've got on Elliott is that he sometimes doesn't do the team things. For example, had a chance to lob the ball over to Paine (I think from memory) who could have walked into an open goal late in the 3rd but went for the miracle snap and kicked a point.

Bit like Fasolo really. Both only young and I think they'll learn to play the percentages.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:50 pm

Paine will be a good power forward one day. His strength in the marking contest is fantastic.
Witts has mongrel in him - thank god for a ruckman with aggression.
Ceglar has great pace for a big guy - look forward to 2013 and 2014 for his debut. The wind at Vic Park was quite strong going down toawrds the Yarra falls side. That is why i didn't give the boys much hope of hanging onto their 3/4 time lead as Sandy was kicking with the breeze in the last quarter

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:07 pm

jackcass wrote:
neil wrote:
I suggest we ban Culprit from going to the VFL

or watching it on tv given what happened in the last.
Don't worry I won't be wasting my time attending. The Coach isn't up to it, either is half the list. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: