Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

JOFFA

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no doubt that being away from home makes the supporters more united and passionate.

Home crowds are notoriously smug and lethargic. And it seems that the bigger the home team's supporter base, the more smug and lethargic it makes them.

At Collingwood games, it's only ever a small dedicated hard core that make the noise. The rest of our supporters just sit there like a stale bottle of piss, waiting for 1990 to come back.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:45 pm

Dr Alf Andrews wrote:
The rest of our supporters just sit there like a stale bottle of piss, waiting for 1990 to come back.

lol very descriptive.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:48 pm

Dr Alf Andrews wrote:

At Collingwood games, it's only ever a small dedicated hard core that make the noise. The rest of our supporters just sit there like a stale bottle of piss, waiting for 1990 to come back.

Spot on. At the Weagles game, a fellow Collingwood supporter told my brother's mate to shut up because he was barracking too loud. Bloody fairy.

Mind you, he didn't tell me to shut up and I was twice as loud as my bro's mate.
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 10:54 pm

lsdswooper wrote:
The feedback on this singing topic is great, at least we all know we have to pull our finger out! I reckon the interstate sydney match is going to go off! maybe it's the the bonding that goes on being a minority.

The collingwood cheer squad sounded it's best when interstate eg port last year and adelaide this year. WTF!?

One thing i forgot to mention, the circle is easily the highlight for me, the sound and noise generated recently at the g was amazing.

So perhaps I was a little pessamistic in my previous comment.

But we have to harness that circle energy for our players during the game, so they get that intense support they need and deserve.

Sadly its been quite some time since the last winners circle in melb..we will make up for it come this saturday night at the telstra dome against the same old's.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:15 am

rome wasnt built in a day maybe could be said about the chants.Maybe people are scared to make the first move to sing it of fear of looking like an idiot,everyone was involved in the collingwood clap,clap,clap against brisbane at telstra dome last year so the passion is there.Please dont turn into crow supporters and sit there waiting for the team to get a run on and then start cheering.Keep persisting
lsdswooper 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:28 pm

Well as if on que about 20 min mark last quarter in level 3 aisle 3 i quietly got up and let fly with the loudest Cooooll---ing--wood! (Liverpool version) the saints supporters right behind me enjoyed and had a chuckle, frighten the living shit out of a couple of younger maggie fans a little higher up. (Apologies to their parents)

I reckon about a dozen good collingwood folk responded (even if a little luke warm) but good on 'em for giving it a go.

Totally with the response I bellowed OKAY EVER ****ING BODY COOOll--ing--woood! LOOOOOUDER.

If more join in next time. they need to stand up and really sing LOUD, scream it if you can! then those who choose to remain seated and not sing will be the odd one out. Level 3 is ideal because acoustically the sounded bouces and is amplified by the roof!

About 300ml of Vodak did help!

Yes I admit I was a drunken loud sing piefan, but it's all innocent i didn't anyone!

Well done to the cheer squad, keep those chants going!

Floreat PICA!

I guess all my years of singing tenor in a renaissance choir helps.

(offensive text has been removed from this post- Moderators)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: