Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

4 weeks without a ruup .....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davros 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 5:47 pm
Post subject: 4 weeks without a ruup .....Reply with quote

Shocked …. no wonder the boys can’t see straight to kick goals. Mind you, they should be better at getting a much firmer grip on their tackles (unlike last week).

But seriously folks, I know we can all speculate but does anyone really know what is up with the following:

BETHERAS: Why isn’t he in the team – last year he was a star. Did he have an interrupted pre-season? Is he carrying an injury now? Is he in Malthouse’s bad books (even when he is selected he spends most of the game on the bench – a bit hard to show your skill or lack of it)? Or is he just having a bad start to the year? I just hope it sorts itself out because we need Rupert back as soon as possible!

DAVIS: He’s been flat for most of the year. Is he just missing his best mate Nick or is he injured? Hope he gets over it soon, because we need his best to help us out this year.

FREEBORN: I’ve been told he retired is that true? If not why can’t he get a game this year?

KINNEAR: will he ever be given a game – if not why bother keeping him on the list? Let him go and see what he can do elsewhere.

RICHARDSON: as for Kinnear, excluding his recent injury. I suppose there isn’t a big enough pool of players to replace all those now in the second tier.
Doska_1984 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 6:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rupe, has always been my favourite player at Collingwood. If he was to leave at the end of the year because he wasn't getting a game I would personally be shattered. Andrew Williams, yes he did well in the first few games for a player that is supposed to be taking marks his taken 10 in 5 games that is an average of 2 a game for me that is shit. Ontop of that runs away from packs, can't kick for shit and has done nothing for basically 5 weeks. I'm not saying he should never play again but who is he not to get dropped and prove him self at Williamstown before he is put up for reselection. As for the players playing in the twos, what kind of confidence is McGough going to have after getting 45 touches and not even getting chosen as an emergency. What about Dane Swan in replace of Williams? Betheras might not be doing much at Willy and even if he was will it make a difference, same with Scotland. Where gonna lose some very good players and I will be shattered to see Scotland and Betheas both leave. Look out for a sign BRING BACK RUPE tommorow night.
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 6:39 pm

Is Rupert thinking of leaving?????? Man,we need him, he should be playing every week. He's a cool kick for goal.

Where did u hear this btw.

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
tdesmaele 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 12:02 am

Betheras and Scotland must be in the Malthouse dog house. Not sure why exactly. I would be playing both of them before Williams and Johnson at the moment. If they don't start getting games soon it's likely both will want out at the end of the year. Betheras is a great player but he is 27 or 28 years old and therefore he is getting on a bit. I would definitely hate to lose Scotland as he is still young and did show something last year.

Kinnear is on the list because he has one year left on his contract. I would doubt he will be retained at the end of the year. We should have tried to trade him to the Bulldogs for Alvey last trade period.

Davis has been flat because of his wife's having a premature baby. Apparently it's all okay now but there was some problems. Hence the reason he played better last week. He didn't look lost like he did against Geelong, Brisbane, Essendon, etc.

Freeborn is playing for Williamstown. Hasn't been playing that well for them so he could still be a while before he is back. Had a injury over the pre-season that didn't help. Could struggle to keep his spot at the end of the year.

Richardson will struggle to play for the Pies due to age and injuries. At the moment Tex Walker, Kinnear and Maxwell (one of our rookie listed players) would probably get a call up before him. He has been a good player for the club but he will struggle to stay on the list past this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: