Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

My daughters big day out!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Rock 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 12:57 pm
Post subject: My daughters big day out!Reply with quote

I know this is a general discussion page but i would like to share my daughters feelings on her first game in the cheer squad.

With great exctiement she set out with me to catch the train to spencer street.After collecting our tickets(yay!) we entered the dome. After saying hello to some friends in CAAS,we took our seats.She was beside herself with anticiaption. 'Look she yelled -theres Rocca, is that Tarrant? can i have a drink, ohhhhhh theres Jarrod! she babbled continuously.
Sitting next to 3 older ladies, her enthusiasm was infectious.
When the song was to be sung and chants joined in ,her little voice did its best.
I thought the CAAS guys were fabulous and complimented the cheer squad beautifully, with the higlight being the rendition of Happy birthday when we got a belated free kick in the first quarter, very funny!

She was jumping on the seat and joining in enthusiastically At half time the dreaded words' i want to go to the toilet daddy- now!' were uttered. Oh well it had to happen i s'pose!

The 3rd quarter was one of great excitement. we outplayed the eagles thoroughly and my daughter's squels whenever her idol Buckley got the ball were delightful and drew a laugh from those a round us.!.
However it was not meant to be. Although we outplayed the eagles for nearly 3 full quarters we couldn't keep it up and we were beaten. 'Why aren't they playing our song she asked? well we can sing it anyway i told her so we did.Those around us joined in, it was a nice moment.

On the train home she sat on my knee and fell asleep. I didn't mind.I looked at her with a little tear in my eye, looked at her with her magpie jumper and hat and thought well she's only 5 - i'll put this moment away in the ol' memory banks for when i get old(er) and grey(er).

At home she was full of life running around the house singing 'magpie army, clapping ,singing 'chrissy tarrant',clapping and and teaching her little brother other chants. Poor mum she may well have to abdicate from the tigers..
And now with only 4 sleeps till the next game...
Thanks to those in the cheer squad she had a ball.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :lol
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 3:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thats so sweet.....shame it wasn't a win for her first game...but wait till she experiences a win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collingwood is in your DNA..............if you are interested in football it has to be COLLINGWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 4:19 pm

Another Magpie for life. Sounds like she had a ball.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:10 pm

yeh good story mamamia Smile

and go the CAAS!
CAAS 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 4:48 pm

Good to see she had a smile on her face mamamia. Hope she comes to a few more games and enjoys herself.
we are the loyalist, football supporters
the world has ever had.
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:25 pm

"..............and that's what it's all about!!"
Dr. Rock 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:06 pm

Thanks guys for the replies, it is great to see the kids in the cheer squad having a ball. Lets hope we'll see the saints cop a hiding tomorrow night!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: