Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Didak

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

How many times do young players get the second year blues just about all of them.A lot of young players play there first year well becuause no one knows them and they can slip under the opposition coaching panels gaurd,now they give dids the respect by putting a quality opponent or analyze his game and play tighter on him now is the time were dids has to work twice as hard to become the great player we all expect him to be.and i think he will do it.
Nicholas 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:11 am

Dids is a third year player.
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:25 am

fair enough but he established himself last season
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 11:02 am

Fair enough Culprit, I guess the main thing is we expect (rightly) big things from him. If not for some inaccuracy we would likely be talking about his impact on the games. Dids has not been known for his tackling prowess, but from what I've seen this year (apart from last week) he has actually improved. And right Stoka, Dids played barely 5 games in 2001, I think we can call him effectively a 2nd year player. He has played only 32 games.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 11:03 am

Fair enough Culprit, I guess the main thing is we expect (rightly) big things from him. If not for some inaccuracy we would likely be talking about his impact on the games. Dids has not been known for his tackling prowess, but from what I've seen this year (apart from last week) he has actually improved. And right Stoka, Dids played barely 5 games in 2001, I think we can call him effectively a 2nd year player. He has played only 32 games.
Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:04 pm

Dids has been consistently bobbing up with 2 goals most weeks (his form is 2,2,3,1,2,0,2,2) which will be a half decent total return by years end the way he is going. But at this stage, with his talent and ability to break open games he is only doing the bare minumum - we need to start seeing a few 4's and 5's..he is capable of this. He hasn't been getting a lot of the ball so he needs to find other ways to contribute...tackling, zoning off and creating space for Taz and most importantly find that deadly left foot of his...we already have enough crap kicks for goal in our forward line...we can't have him hovering around 50% conversion rate aswell.
freddie foxx 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:13 pm

yeah didak hasnt been seeing the ball that much, but when he has 8/10 hes done good things. Perhaps a change in position, i dont know, but his chasing and defensive blocking has been first rate. I expect him make a big impact soon, he just has to get some more possessions thats all. Put it this way, if you could have someone kicking for goal from a set shot 40 out and your life depended on it, then didak would be your man.
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:28 pm

I sound like a frickin' broken record, but here's a tip - how's about playing front and centre? This goes to Didak, Leon Davis, et al, in the forward line. The ball is bombed long - do not completely face the ball, stand in front of the ensuing contest and watch the 2 contest the ball. The ball will 9 times out of 10 hit the deck front and centre!!! That is where all small forwards should be. Not jumping for hangers (Davis), not behind the pack, not trying to outmark Tarrant and Rocca - but FRONT ANDBLOODY CENTRE. When the ball is kicked to CHF - FRONT AND CENTRE. When the ball is kicked to the goalsquare - FRONT AND CENTRE.

You players are predominantly crumbers. To crumb is to take the spillage from the pack.

Simple enough, eh?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: