Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

the future

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clokeysrevenge 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 9:51 pm
Post subject: the futureReply with quote

I have been thinking long and hard about a few of our performances of late and i have really started to become positive about the season.

we have played a very ordinary 8 games. sure we have shown some brilliance in quarters, but it has been sporadic at best. But we are still well in the hunt.

we have had a bloody tough 5 weeks or so... brisbane at brisbane, dons on anzac day at their best, adelaide in adelaide, and west coast at home. each of these teams are top 4 contenders with the exception of the dons possibly. sure we have lost our share but you could not question our character.

now for the positives:

1. our frontline players are playing well and fit (in the main)...tazzie is having a stellar year, bucks is bucks, lica is becoming fitter along with burnsy, rocca is solid, woey is warming to the task.

2. our draw gets easier (if thats possible?) with games against teams that are less of a threat ie. hawks, saints, freo, melbourne etc. NOW i am not saying these are easy wins BUT they are favourable games.

3. We have only two more interstate trips for season 2003. sydney and port.

4. I recall people like wanker walls writing off brisbane in 2001, following a shellacking by carlton at optus. they then piled on a heap of games straight.

sometimes it takes alittle misfortune to bring strength of character.

our time is coming my friends... mark my words. We are no bottom 8 team.

prepare for karma.
Nicholas 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 11:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens if the frontline players lose form or get injured? Surely Bucks and co cannot keep it up forever. Is the second tier good enough?
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:02 am

with the competition as it is at the moment no game is easy or favourable
freddie foxx 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:21 pm

yeah i still reckon the pies have got real class this season, they just havent been fully focused as a team, with everyone contributing for all 4 quarters. If you look at the last 4 games the pies have played dons, swans, crows, eagles weve been able to claw our way back into each contest in a matter of minutes. What we havent been able to do is continue to capitalise on this momentum when we have started beating the oppposition. Once the pies sort out their confidence in the team as a group again, i think you will see powerful team.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: