Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

COLLINGWOOD AND THE MEDIAS OPINON (ROB WALLS)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAGPIE MAGIC 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:41 pm
Post subject: COLLINGWOOD AND THE MEDIAS OPINON (ROB WALLS)Reply with quote

Howdy magpie folks,
In my opinon the media loves nothing more than to stick the boot into Collingwood at any given time such as this quote from rob walls and its starting to get on my nerves.
"Well Collingwood only won 12 and lost 10 last season this is not the type of win loss ratio for a good side" and
" Collingwood are staring down the barral of a 7-11 postion come the end of the season"
What is everyone thoughts on these particular media "professionals":
rob walls;
micheal shean;
mark doran; and
3aw footy team.
IMO the media and the afl only use the magies to put on the petasal and stick the boot in when ever possible.
I hate the *@#$$%^&* afl they are taking the game away from the vics and are obseeed by the interstaters this is w.jacksons legacy.
By 2006 Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton, Richmond, Melbourne and maybe Hawthorn will be the only remaning singleclubs from victoria.
The others: western cats, st. kangaroos
Remember the afl did nominate the consortium channel 9,10 anf oxtel as media rights JUST TO COVER THEIR @SE and made to look like that they are pumping millions into the game where has all the millions gone should one ask , thats right all to the bloody brisbanes sydneys and interstater not one million to the vic clubs such as bulldogs saints and kangaroos. So when the rights do expire expect some merging or folding to occur.
Getiting back to the here and now iam starting to ask myself when the magpies season will start and iam starting to get some tubleace and sudden gee force sickness due to our mish mash miscellanoes season when and when will we start to string abot 4 solid wins together. I WANT CONSISTENCY

hotpies 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 6:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

we'll get consitency when we start getting our confidence up with makes all their skills go up and there urge to win more improves.
I am sure Collingwood will have a great season, it happens each season this time, when us the supporters are asking when are our pies going to get into form, don't worry, we'll get back into the winning streak very soon, starting with the saints.

don't worry fellow pies
daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 6:49 pm
Post subject: Re: COLLINGWOOD AND THE MEDIAS OPINON (ROB WALLS)Reply with quote

MAGPIE MAGIC wrote:
Howdy magpie folks,
"Well Collingwood only won 12 and lost 10 last season this is not the type of win loss ratio for a good side" and

Funny, I swear we won 13. Old Wallsy, always bending the truth to suit his argument...
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 6:50 pm

i think to many people expect to much from collingwood i mean the way the media and some people carry on its like we have been a top team in the past decade we havent been a good side since 1992 to 2001
1992 won 16 ladder 3/15
1993 won 11 ladder 8/15
1994 won 12 ladder 8/15
1995 won 8 ladder 10/16 2 drawn games
1996 won 9 ladder 11/16
1997 won 10 ladder 10/16
1998 won 7 ladder 14/16
1999 won 4 ladder 16/16
2000 won 7 ladder 15/16
2001 won 11 ladder 9/16
2002 won 13 ladder 4/16 played grand final

All these are home and away games not finals

its been a struggle for the pies but they are a young side and even if they struggle this season im sure they will bounce back next season some youngsters blitz a year then go missing then fire the next
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 6:55 pm

Ummmm. . . Why? Is that one of your goals?
Candy 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 7:44 pm

not a younger side a geelong and look how bad their going
Candy 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 7:48 pm

how totally Irrelevant was that sorry
hermie Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 7:50 pm

robert walls played for carlton so he would have to hate collingwood.rex has admitted he loves to watch collingwood lose.
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 7:59 pm

It doesnt matter if we are on top or on the bottom everybody talks collingwood
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
morgues 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 12:00 am

hermie wrote:
robert walls played for carlton so he would have to hate collingwood.rex has admitted he loves to watch collingwood lose.

rob walls to me, is one of the best footy commentators. i hardly ever feel he has a biased view at all towards our mighty magpies

i respect him because hes more objective than most other 'special comments' people. dermot is by far the worst in my opinion.

i thought wallsy had a soft spot for us, but maybe i am reading his comments wrong.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 11:12 am

Nah morgues, he is just like everyone else. He doesn't have a friggin' clue.

We still finished top 4 Wallsy!! Wanker.
Piepark 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 8:58 pm
Post subject: Media CommentatorsReply with quote

I actually don't mind Robert Walls, I think the things that he tends too annoy me most is with his honesty believe it or not. He is pretty black and white really (pardon the pun) and quite often says things that may seem a bit harsh at the time but normally are pretty spot on.
Some other commentators just talk absolute crap without any knowledge of the game or are just spiteful. The people I hate the most are Caroline Wilson and Rohan Connolly. They are biased, have limited knowledge of anything outside both clubs they support and act more like children teasing one another in the school yard rather than sensible debate.
Go Pies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: