Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We must rebound and one question!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doska_1984 

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 8:37 pm
Post subject: We must rebound and one question!Reply with quote

Yesterdays loss hit me where it hurts! I'm sure all of us are all guttered after that loss but playing in patches will not win you a lot of games.
The start of the game we were flat but to give credit where it's due West Coast were sensational. They won the ball out of the centre, played long and direct. Wasn't until they kicked the seventh goal when Malthouse decided to go Man to Man. After that we slowly got into the game and finally got on top of them only to throw it away at the end. So basically we played 2 and a bit quarters of football and were no where to be seen for the rest of the time.
Look use can say what use want to me but that Andrew Williams has got to go he makes me sick! Who is he to play four shithouse games in a row but still keep his place in the side when you got guys like Betheras and Scotland so hungry to play senior footy. Betheras is a great player easily my favourite simply because his a football smart. His crumming goal against Sydney was a perfect example when he stood on the goal line and read the Sydney ruckman like a book. He must make his way into the side this week changes have to be made. Why I am picking on Williams? His first couple games were good but his last month has been a mess. When has Williams put in a second and third effort. His got strong hands yes but when the ball goes to ground level where is he? When there is a pack forming his usually standing out side them. He must be dropped and to come back into side must earn it.
What about our youngsters, Richard Cole, Rhyce Shaw and Matthew Lokan? Cole is going to be a great player he adds toughness to our side the way he just ran out through traffic at the stoppages was awesome to watch to polish him off all he needs is some kicking practice and he will be right. Rhyce Shaw adds much needed leg speed to our side, his second and third efforts are usually second to none. As for Matt Lokan got taken to the cleaners by Cousins early played well in patches did some great things but he is a chance to get dropped this week. Our best players on the weekend were Molloy, Rocca, Buckley, Tarrant, Fraser, Cole, Licuria, Davis,Woewodin has impressed me the last two weeks simply because his going in for the hardball I am the first to say I critised him really badly because of his softness but his responded well these past two weeks. Him going off with the blood rule in the last quarter changed the game. Our kicking at goal was terrible and why is it when every team that plays Collingwood decides to kick straight?
I don't want to get into high detail but players in our side really need to lift I suspect the players think there better then what they are and feed off the media. I know where capable of winning a premiership this season it's just how much the players want it and how they react when they play attrocious football. Lets start fresh this Saturday night it's going to be a full house against a good young St.Kilda side that are coming off a trip to Perth. There is no reason why we can't nail St.Kilda we have the personal to do it and it could kick start our season. I beleive in the boys but I really think changes have to be made this week.

As for my question! Is Collingwood training tommorow and if they are what time? I would really like to get to training I would appreciate it, if someone could give me the information![/img]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: