Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

tackling

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hermie Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 3:30 am
Post subject: tacklingReply with quote

is it just me or are we not a hard tackling side like we were last year.to many oposition players slipping tackles;players standing still holding the ball no one tackles them
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 3:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

spot on. get a few melbourne storm boys down to training a couple of times a week. too many slipped tackles.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 12:11 pm

Tessa.... Unfortunately one player doesnt maketh the team.

But you must have noticed the way opposition players seem to shrug our tackles effortlessly. How many goals have we conceeded this season when opposition have vitually ran from the centre circle to 40-50 metre from goal past 3 - 5 Collingwood players???

Chantal85 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 12:22 pm

i agree, especially yesterday it just didnt seem like we were tackling as best we could. I dont remember who it was but at one point in the game west coast had the ball and there were 2 collingwood players just standing there looking at him. I couldnt believe that didnt get in there and tackle him. It just didnt look as though we wanted it that much
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 12:51 pm

Can someone please clarify something with me.

Why was Coles bump on Kerr a free kick ??

Pickett does that week in and week out and no free kicks are paid against him as they are considered legal.

They showed Brauns goal in the last quarter and the effort or non effort to tackle him was pathetic.

jlc

jlc

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 1:42 pm

I couldn't agree more JLC. That was a fantastic bump and Cole was crucified by the umps - the Sun footy show panel even agreed.

As for our tackling - we definitely need to hold more tackles AND execute them correctly. We should be pinning their arms and swinging them around so we don't give away 'in the back' free's. It has been disappointing because we tackled so well last season.

GO PIES!
Marg
GD 

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 2:48 pm

Yeah. Tackles have been generally shite this year from the boys. It just seems as there's been an overall drop off in intensity and fight for the ball when its in the opposition's hands.
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 4:26 pm

If we could just tackle as hard as we did last year then i would be happy.
We are not pressuring them enough. I love the pies but we need to be more fierce at the ball. I know one player dosn't make a team, but we need more players like Molloy who dosn;t really seem to care about his safety he just wants to get the ball. I know he should do more but at least he tackles.

MAN UP
TACKLE LIKE U MEAN IT

It sure didn;t help when the eagles jumped out to a 5 or 6 goal lead in the 1st quarter.

GO PIES!!!!!!!! LOVE U GUYS

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 4:27 pm

Maybe we should try harder?
lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 4:42 pm

Lets not forget last weeks game had the highest tackle count of any game this year. Also our Grand Final count was massive. Now what is the common link here? Wet conditions.

I dont think its an issue of not wanting to tackle... Its an issue of not being fast enough in dry conditions. Ask yourself how many times you see our midfielders get sidestepped. We have a few slow guys who are in the wrong position to floor a guy because they have already been passed when the tackle is applied. In wet conditions when its the ball is in close, our tackle count is always huge.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 6:08 pm

very good point lethalburns.

cole has looked the goods the last couple of weeks - a guy who can tackle AND who has serious pace as well. a lot of our guys just seem to struggle to pin the arms of opposition players - we tend to swing guys around in tackles so they get a chance to offload the ball anyway. it's sooo frustrating.

i watched the third quarter again today (can't bring myself to watch the last) - have a look at some of cole's work. very nice. could be just what we need in the middle; a real impact player who has serious acceleration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: