Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

VFL Fixture 2012

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Up wrote:
carlton had to take over the bullants. coz the bullants would of not made it on their own (as they are basically bankrupted)

the bullants board and supporters had to vote and the vote was to merge with carlton to survive in vfl.

Carlton have actually been at this for a few years now. They haven't done this out of the goodness of their hearts, it's all been about getting a stand-alone side in the VFL on the cheap. Essendon pulled the same trick with Bendigo a few years ago.

Carlton have seen what Geelong and us have been able to achieve with stand-alone sides. And as is typical with Carlton, they want what others have got, but are not prepared to put in the resources to get it. So they just take over another side and strip it for parts. They tried to take over the Bulldogs, the Roos and the Swans, now they pull this.

Carlton COULD have simply continued with a tolerable staus quo by simply keeping the Bullants on as an alignment, but no, they wanted a stand-alone side in their putrid image, on the cheap. AND they have a VFL reserves side as part of the bargain, TWO teams for the price of ONE!

Northern Blues - The K-Mart team of the VFL.

Just one more reason to hate/despise/loathe/etc. Carlton.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:46 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Presti#1Fan WILL be pleased

Very happy Bat, very happy!!

Here's hoping for another great season and a chance to get on an AFL list next year!!

C'mon Sunny!!

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:10 am

MB the bullants had no money in their bank acct. they had to either merge with the blues or fold. which is why they are now called the blues. when the ants had their meeting there was only about 50 ppl that turned up to vote for the merge. the vote was 60-40 in favour.

im from the northern suburbs and there was a page article about it in the local paper, even a picture with ray shaw who was not happy because he had to vote for the blues.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:54 pm

My thoughts on the fixture:

- DOUBLE HEADERS! I nearly died with delight when I saw how many we got, more than I ever imagined. Gonna try get to all of these (Bendigo/Saints might be tricky, though).

- The clash of matches in round 5. FFS, we were able to get a clashless fixture in 2011, why not 2012? Surely the club didn't request this? If the round 17 match can be played early, why can't this one?

- Not the easiest of opening months in a fixture: Cats at the Cattery, the premiers for 3 of the last 4 seasons, the Scum (who have the wood over us), Box Hill and Sandy, who have beaten us the last couple of times.

- Playing the only team that finished below us, Frankston, just once, wheras the Scum (predictably) get the Dollies twice. Why not just gift them a spot in the top 4? Oh, wait...

- Other than that, reasonably well satisfied. If we have improved upon this year's effort, we should be able to make the final 8. Narrow losses to Sandy, Box Hill and Bendigo this year should mean we can have their measure at least once each next year. We should also be able to overcome Coburg, possibly Casey and maybe even Willy. Cats have lost a lot of experience with Mooney, Ling, Ottens and Milburn all gone, so maybe they'll have a season like our 2011.

Initial prediction (based on recent form):

- 8 likely wins
- 4 likely losses
- 6 toss-ups

Last edited by MagpieBat on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:03 pm

i had a quick look at the draw, i reckon we can make top 8. there was a few games where we lost by under 10 points. also we will be having a few gun players who we got in the drafts and keep in mind either brown or taz will be playing in the vfl.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:10 pm

jonesy86 wrote:
The 1pm games are there for when the AFL teams play that same night.

No TV games have been allocated yet.

True.

But having a look at the fixture, two of our games are scheduled as the only Saturday afternoon match for the day (round 3 against the Roosters and round 16 against the Cats), both at 1:00pm.

If the fixture for those two days remains unchanged, then they will be TV games for us. But you're right, we will have to wait to see if we get any more...

Additionally, four of our Sunday games are scheduled for the 2:00pm timeslot, which is when the VFL Radio game of the round is broadcast, so we are in with the chance of a couple of radio games also. Will have to wait and see there as well...

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:39 pm

CLICK HERE for a combined VFL & AFL fixture in both printable A4 PDF and 1920x1080 JPG wallpaper.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:19 am

Great work Shane.

I like how you label Brisbane and Sydney by their original names. When me and my Collingwood-supporting dad of 60+ years went to the game against the Lions at the MCG last year, he said (with a little tear in his eye) "they might be called Brisbane, but they'll always be Fitzroy to me".

Nice touch.

Can't wait to get back to Vicky Park for home games in 2012!

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:55 am

Looks like I might not be in Australia when the season starts. I may miss the first two games in the VFL and AFL.

Trying my best to get back in time for the first game at Vic Park. But at the moment, it looks like I'll land back in Aus on the 9th of April.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: