Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rumour File - 3 home games in Sydney

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 6:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Im happy with whatever happens, as long as we always play 18 games in Melbourne.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:12 pm

dillo_09 wrote:

Herald Sun, Page 85.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,6399012%255E20322,00.html

New push for Pie games in Sydney
08 May 2003 Herald Sun
By MIKE SHEAHAN

Swann said Collingwood and the code would benefit from two appearances in Sydney, predicting crowds of 50,000-plus at both.

"It's not really driven by extra dollars. We just think it's good for the club and good for the game to get extra exposure in the biggest market," Swann said. "It's got to help to grow the game."

The strength of the Collingwood brand was underlined this week by the decision to show the sold-out Adelaide-Collingwood game live into the Brisbane market.

The Magpies played to a full house in Brisbane in Round 4 and are back as the biggest name in Australian sport.

Isn't that precious?

It's not about the dollars ... It's just about exposure to the biggest market.
Piss off, Swann.

And Collingwood is not a BRAND !
Piss off, Sheahan.

And if this abortion of an idea goes ahead, it will be piss off, Dr.Alf.

If Collingwood becomes an accessory to the crime of giving Sydney 13 home games a year I'm out of here ... forever.

I just hope wiser heads than Greg Swann reject this idea ... because it stinks. And for those of you who think the 18 games in Melbourne is some sort of sweetener ... then all I can say is, you've got NO PRINCIPLES WHATSOEVER.

And by the way, Dillo ...

... RUMOUR IS NOT FACT !

Never has been ... Never will be.

Last edited by Dr Alf Andrews on Fri May 09, 2003 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:13 pm

Wow. . . . . thats expensiveA diamond is forever ; )
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:22 pm

Lone Ranger 37 wrote:
This deal sounds too good to be true.
We get money, guaranteed 18 Melbourne games, 1 away game in Melbourne treated as a "home" game, only one game per year in Adelaide/Perth.

You're right ... It IS too good to be true. And that is precisely why the other clubs will oppose it ...

... and they'll be fully justified in opposing it. And we will come out of this looking like the biggest wankers in Australian sport for even suggesting it.

Someone tell please tell Greg Swann to pull his head in. He's an embarrassment.

Last edited by Dr Alf Andrews on Fri May 09, 2003 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:23 pm

Forever is a mighty long time Alf....

Maybe Eddie's plan is to lock this deal in and then ask for a bigger salary cap due to the higher cost of living in Sydney (even if it is for only 2 weeks) Laughing
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:33 pm

Damien wrote:
Forever is a mighty long time Alf....

Maybe Eddie's plan is to lock this deal in and then ask for a bigger salary cap due to the higher cost of living in Sydney (even if it is for only 2 weeks) Laughing

Oh, I see ... Now it all makes sense Rolling Eyes

But it still leaves Sydney not only with a salary cap advantage, but 13 home games as well.

Look, if we're really that keen to give Sydney a premiership, why not give them Nathan Buckley and Allan Didak as well

... and agree to throw every game we play against them ... (oh, hang on ... we already do that Mad )
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:48 pm

Maybe Nick Davis can come back to the fold......he can live in Sydney for the two Collingwood games and be a 'fly-in' player for the other 20. Ala Peter Hudson and Sydney in their early days.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:17 pm

That is a classic Damien Laughing
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:33 pm

Swann, Malthouse and Eddie. Between the three of them they have turned our club around to be a powerhouse, on and off the field. There is no way we'd sacrifice our WORLD WIDE support (stemming from melbourne) without something to give back to those supporters. Relax Alf, I'm sure as with most things we are not privvy to, we don't have the full story.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:57 pm

Dr Alf Andrews wrote:
dillo_09 wrote:

Herald Sun, Page 85.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,6399012%255E20322,00.html

New push for Pie games in Sydney
08 May 2003 Herald Sun
By MIKE SHEAHAN

Swann said Collingwood and the code would benefit from two appearances in Sydney, predicting crowds of 50,000-plus at both.

"It's not really driven by extra dollars. We just think it's good for the club and good for the game to get extra exposure in the biggest market," Swann said. "It's got to help to grow the game."

The strength of the Collingwood brand was underlined this week by the decision to show the sold-out Adelaide-Collingwood game live into the Brisbane market.

The Magpies played to a full house in Brisbane in Round 4 and are back as the biggest name in Australian sport.

Isn't that precious?

It's not about the dollars ... It's just about exposure to the biggest market.
Piss off, Swann.

And Collingwood is not a BRAND !
Piss off, Sheahan.

And if this abortion of an idea goes ahead, it will be piss off, Dr.Alf.

If Collingwood becomes an accessory to the crime of giving Sydney 13 home games a year I'm out of here ... forever.

I just hope wiser heads than Greg Swann reject this idea ... because it stinks. And for those of you who think the 18 games in Melbourne is some sort of sweetener ... then all I can say is, you've got NO PRINCIPLES WHATSOEVER.

And by the way, Dillo ...

... RUMOUR IS NOT FACT !

Never has been ... Never will be.

Jeeeeesus Alf, chill out a bit!!! You will send yourself to an early grave if you get so upset about things you cant control!!

"Rumour is fact" is another way of saying this rumour has turned out to be a fact. The fact is that it is in discussion, not that it is set in concrete. You need to stop being so literal or pretending to be my English teacher.

Like it or not, Collingwood is a brand, and a very valuable brand at that. It is also a football club, a passion, a lifestyle for some, a suburb, an Admiral etc etc.

Brand - A trademark or distinctive name identifying a product or a manufacturer.

For the good of our football club, we need to promote ourselves (our brand) to the non Collingwood public and persude them to change brands and join us.
Why are you against Collingwood promoting itself, its brand and the game in non Aussie Rules areas???
Why do you think that Greg Swan and Eddie would do anything that hurts our football club??? Everything they are doing is what they beleive to be for the good of the club.

Of course, at the end of the day it's about the dollars, whats wrong with that??? This deal would be a long term investment, not a short term one like Melb, Kangas and Hawks have done.
Like it or not, dollars are what keeps our great club afloat. Without the big bucks from the corporates and the members the game and club we all love would not exist as it is today. All the best athletes would go play other sports like soccer where they can make the most money and we would be watching athletes that play in the low standard local leagues and think they are the best available.

If you dont like what the club's board is doing, vote them out at the next election. It is a democratic club and society we have so you can have your say there.

So you will leave the club and the game forever if they do the Sydney deal??? You cant be as passionate as you seem if you are prepared to do that. You would walk out on the club, players, team, people you love because of ONE game of football???? You would deprive yourself of the pleasure of your weekly football pilgramage because of one decision you dont like??? Your a fool if you do that!!!
HAL 

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:59 pm

All things they are doing is what they believe to be for the good of the club ? "Without your space helmet Dave, you're going to find that rather difficult" -- HAL. Perhaps there are a few exceptions. I can give a decent simulation of as passionate as you seem if you are prepared to do that however.
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 5:08 pm

Love your work HAL
HAL 

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 5:12 pm

Sometimes I think love is just a biological urge. Other times LOVE seems like a spiritual quality. Love, unlike energy or matter, seems limitless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: