Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I'm Happy To Be 100% WRONG!!!!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 6:05 pm
Post subject: I'm Happy To Be 100% WRONG!!!!!!!Reply with quote

The news from the tribunal tonight is fantastic. I'm more than happy to say that the thread I started was wrong.
My only problem now is does this leave our young players open to treatment without fear of tribunal intervention? I hope not but can anyone tell us what constitutes charging or reckless intent these days?

-Craig

Kill 'em Malloy!!!!
GO PIES!!!

The Phoenix Is Arising

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2001 6:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got no idea how the tribunal's collective mind works. I thought Molly was a goner ... not because he did anything wrong, but simply because the tribunal often rubs players out for stuff all. But this time they must have been in a good mood.

I found it a bit embarrassing because I wrote a preview of the Anzac Day game, suggesting that we would be completely stuffed up forward without Molloy ... and then had to rewrite the preview with Molloy in the team.

Yeah. It's nice to be wrong sometimes. This is one of those times.

**floreat pica**

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 6:52 am

Well I thought he was not guilty but still expected him to get rubbed out but to my surpise he got off. I thought it was a good bump that was a little high and that warranted a free kick and nothing more. It's good to see common sense being brought back into football cos it's been missing for ages.

the prez 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 11:37 am

Anyone else notice the irony in Sydney's Kirk getting cleared for a similar incident to Rocca last year almost a year later and with another Pies forward up on the same night.Rocca got 2 weeks for what Kirk did.Just a prime example of why we fear the tribunal for their inconsistencies.

GO WOODS

dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 1:06 pm

Guys,

While its great to see Malloy get off the charge, I cant help but wonder if the fact that our next game is the Anzac Day clash helped his cause.
If you saw the 2 connecting punches that Moorcroft threw I beleive he deserved more than 1 week and, like Malloy, I thought Lloyd would get more than 1 week. So therefore both clubs will be at full strength, barring injuries, for the second biggest game of the year for the AFL (behind the GF).
I really thought they would give Malloy at least 2 if not 4 and was in shock when i heard he got off.

Maybe for once we are on the receiving end of some smart "behind closed doors" decisions of the AFL???

Lets hope our luck continues with Malloy kicking the winning goal!!

Make sure you are all in full voice tomorrow - GO PIES!!!

Dillo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: