Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

too many talls in forward line?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
i_coulda_been_a_champ 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 4:59 pm
Post subject: too many talls in forward line?Reply with quote

it has been promoted in the media a lot about the awesome potential of collingwoods tall forward line of rocca , tarrant , fraser , and molloy using probably 3 in there at any 1 time . is this overrated. molloy never kicks a bag and doesnt get a lot of possessions but they talk up that he makes it easier for the others to get possesions. if this is so then explain didak and davis's lack of form lately? and fraser doesnt play like a TALL . if he marks its on his chest or coming over the top of a stagnant pack (which is rare). does anyone other than pie supporters rate him as a potential threat at the moment in the forward line . i think they should clear out the forward line and just leave rocca and tarrant as the only talls . if they need another marking option why not a medium_sized mobile marking option. plz let buckley do this occasionally or didak to beat an opponent 1 on 1 rather than crumbing only . plus if the ball comes down so slow with this chip, chip , chip then crumbers have no hope (maybe explains davis's form slump).plz comment on this and no i am not a whingeing bagging supporter just a 30 year long supporter who loves discussing ideas / solutions to the pies form whether its up or down . cheers
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 8:44 pm
Post subject: Re: too many talls in forward line?Reply with quote

i_coulda_been_a_champ wrote:
it has been promoted in the media a lot about the awesome potential of collingwoods tall forward line of rocca , tarrant , fraser , and molloy using probably 3 in there at any 1 time . is this overrated. molloy never kicks a bag and doesnt get a lot of possessions but they talk up that he makes it easier for the others to get possesions. if this is so then explain didak and davis's lack of form lately? and fraser doesnt play like a TALL . if he marks its on his chest or coming over the top of a stagnant pack (which is rare). does anyone other than pie supporters rate him as a potential threat at the moment in the forward line . i think they should clear out the forward line and just leave rocca and tarrant as the only talls . if they need another marking option why not a medium_sized mobile marking option. plz let buckley do this occasionally or didak to beat an opponent 1 on 1 rather than crumbing only . plus if the ball comes down so slow with this chip, chip , chip then crumbers have no hope (maybe explains davis's form slump).plz comment on this and no i am not a whingeing bagging supporter just a 30 year long supporter who loves discussing ideas / solutions to the pies form whether its up or down . cheers

It's not that our forward line is too tall, it's that they don't score, most of the goals come from players that aren't in the actual forward line. I am not bagging any of them. I am just saying that need to kick more goals then points. WE have locked a dominate forward for years, and it has shown will all the points we have been kicking. But this can be turned around with some kicking practice and stuff like that.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 9:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

good read but i tend to disagree i bit,

i think our problem at the moment is the lack of speed heading into our forward line. We havent been running it in lately. We're very staggered out of defence and into attack, we dont attack, we chip and let the defenders plug up all the holes. We've become very predictable if u ask me. We have to change our game plan running into adelaide this week if we are to win. in the last quarter we showed how good we can play by going long and direct, not short chips, along the boundary and very slowly. As soon as we started to do that we dominated and our forward line was structuring very very impressively. So i tend to disagree with too many talls being in our forward line, i think it's got nothing to do witht the forwards, i think a lot of it, well just about all of it, has to do with the way we enter in there. it needs to improve and i believe Mick will see this and act on it and we'll be a completely different team come saturday night

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 9:55 pm

couragous cloke wrote:
good read but i tend to disagree i bit,

i think our problem at the moment is the lack of speed heading into our forward line. We havent been running it in lately. We're very staggered out of defence and into attack, we dont attack, we chip and let the defenders plug up all the holes. We've become very predictable if u ask me. We have to change our game plan running into adelaide this week if we are to win. in the last quarter we showed how good we can play by going long and direct, not short chips, along the boundary and very slowly. As soon as we started to do that we dominated and our forward line was structuring very very impressively. So i tend to disagree with too many talls being in our forward line, i think it's got nothing to do witht the forwards, i think a lot of it, well just about all of it, has to do with the way we enter in there. it needs to improve and i believe Mick will see this and act on it and we'll be a completely different team come saturday night

You make a very good point there, Collingwood has some of the longest kicks in the AFL. Yet they are short passing which is stupid, and makes it a longer way to goal. I don't know why they do it over and over again, which is why they are having trouble right now, messing around with the football, and then they lose the football and the other team punishes them for it. So yeah, direct football is the key for any side to score goals, none of this chip kick stuff that is just a waste of time and it makes me very made...

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 10:10 pm

I agree with CC... I think our delivery into our forward line is far too slow, What's wrong with Fast, hard & direct football?

With the exclusion of Nathan, I sometimes feel our midfielders sometimes lack the nouse of what to do under certain situations. Look at last night, Saddington was standing 5 Metres in front of Taz blocking his leads. Couldnt they work out that they needed to kick the ball High so it drops on Saddingtons head & Taz can use him as a step ladder.... that would have ended that tactic after several tries.

Bones 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 10:35 pm

3 talls in the centre square, one leads dead centre 2 peel off left and right??? um is this too simple or what? Oh thats right we stuff around with little chip passes lately....duh!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: