Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

NO OFFENCE, BUT THATS PATHETIC!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We used to be the fastest, most exciting team a few years back. Now we are slow (name our fast runners) boring, kick no running goals, lack flair and excitement. Just kick it long quickly to the top of the frickin' square!!! Rocca (anyone really) marks about 70m out and just waits...and waits...and waits until all forwards are accounted for - just get it in there quickly. Why can't Malthouse preach front and centre? We never EVER have any small forwards (or anywhere else around the ground) crumbing front and centre. And why are we the only team who don't have "Cheats" in the AFL. Brisbane, Adelaide, Hawthorn, even Sydney (did you see Paul Williams' first 3 disposals from playing forward of the contest?) all have players who stream ahead of the ball (some call it cheating, but when the team wins possession, there are unmanned players to give it to into space and it creates goals fast).

I now know what I have feared- we are ORDINARY.
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:24 pm

i watched last nites performance on TV and personally thought it was pathetic. during last nites match i thought to myself at times "are we really as good as we are made out to be", weve got the players to do it, but it seems that we just lack the intensity we had last yr, once again Buckley and Tarrant were the only ones who tried their ass off, but we cant win a match around 2 players......the pies betta find some spark fast or else we could find ourselves behind the pack
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 2:06 pm

Agreed JLC. I'm not sure what the reasons behind the fiddling with the team structure is, i mean im sure MM has his reasons but so far, nmone of the ideas have worked. McGough and Lokan in the goalsquare was ridiculous and as u said, when Taz was left there in the last quarter, we all got a taste of what a talent he really is.

I wish alot of the guys would sit down and re-watch the 2002 GF and have a close look at why we almost pulled off such an awesome win. One word describes why, TACKLING. We were absolutely ferocios that day, where have those tackles gone?? Confused

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 6:49 pm

no no no, dont look at the GF. Look at the port Adelaide game in the finals, thats when we were at our total best, im not doubting our players ability but its our discipline,movement and structure going forward and out of defence thats letting us down. At the moment we're too predictable. Micky has always played that West Coast game where they hold onto the ball at all costs. We have to now start to play the Denis Pagan, Long and direct football, its as simple as that. When sydney were running out of defence they'd have players running, get it off quickly and easily. But us.......... we'd do dinky little short passes around the place and put no pressure on at all. As u could see in the last quarter we put Tarrant in the goal square. Went long and direct and quickly and the scorboard said the rest.

So my advice to our team this week, Sit down and watch the collingwood game against port in that final and pay attention to the discipline performace and run through the centre that we possessed that night.
please, i beg of u, stop playing the slow, predictable, boring, frustrating football that we've witnessed since after half time against brisbane.

molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 7:35 pm

Molloy didn't kick a goal last night??????? hmm,didn't he kick the 1st goal of the night?????????????????. Ok,so he;s not playing fantastic,not many are but please he did kick at least 1 when woewodin had a great chance at kicking the 1st goal of the night and he didn;t take it!!!! Not that i think kicking 1 goal is something to cheer about,of course i want the pies to kick more. I am just annoyed when it takes a while to go up forward and it looks like we are going to kick a goal and then they don't,it just makes me mad!!!!!!.

This may get a bad reaction from some people but this is just my opinion.

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 8:14 pm

i like Molloy in the forward line, and its not because of his kicking, its because of the presure he supplies for us. Thats just as important as kicking goals, as it creates a lot of them, as for Molloy kicking goals i'd tend to agree, i would have to say he's one of the worst kicks in our team. I still love him because of how hard he goes in though, even thought i stress on his kicking he's one of my favourite players.
wa magpie Taurus

The Future

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 8:56 pm

yes, last nite was pathetic. mick is right when he says the supporters have huge expections - its only natural. when i first looked at the fixtures i felt that the first 3 games of the year had to be wins, and they were. brissy i thought we had a chance against them, but expected a loss. essendon are always going to be competitive against us, i felt it could of gone either way. but last nite i did expect to win, and so did the team by the looks of things. we played 10 minutes of footy and still nearly over ran them. the guys havent even fired a shot yet this season, all they need is a good win to set the confidence back and they will be on track again. next week we have a great chance to show some character and show everyone we are a top 4 team, and i believe we will. look at the last few rounds of last year, we hit the wall just before the finals, but hit form when we had to. im not giving up and nor should anyone. wait and see - the pies will prevail.
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 10:05 pm

Run with it!!! thats is the first answer, we keep on marking then spending the next 4o seconds trying to find a short pass, we get the thing turned over and conceed goals out of it, not untill the last quarter did we do it last night, we came back but again we were to far behind to win.

Again we play 1 quarter of footy and expect to win, not good enough!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: